• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kai Havertz: No More Mr Nice Kai

Will Kai prove to be a Xhaka upgrade?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

PrinzPoldi

Player:Havertz
So you concede he isn’t an elite striker? You don’t think we need one? I think we do if we want to win league or Cl
No, he is not elite, and I do not know if he will be elite.
Whoever he will be, the fact is, he works "perfectly" fine with the team.
The coach loves him, his teammates love him (use the donkey celebration), he is producing enough for the team to win games; and he is one of the most important players since November.

You can disagree regardless, and if that is the case, I suggest you go see a doctor and get help on your self denial.

Have another striker is definitely a good idea.
If getting 20 (going to be, 3 games left) G/A contribution is not enough.
What kind of numbers you are expecting from our starting striker (full season) to get, and has to be within budget and fit Arteta's request and style?
I don't think anyone that has the "possibility" to do better than Kai is cheaper than what we paid for him, and mostly more expensive.

If playing a full season and getting about 25-30 G/A (expected) is about the number that fits our striker profile, is it better use our fundings and resources on some other areas that we have more urgent need?

We possibly have about 200m for summer spending, and you suggested us to spend a 100m on a position which is not our major concern. Cut your fantasy from reality.
Kai is not the reason why we could not win the league (if) and CL.

Don't put the blame on him.
We had multiple players that were underperforming and had individual errors.
I was not wrong to call you a hater, cause you are.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

What's the great thing about Havertz as a false 9 that might not have been mentioned, is his stamina.

Well of course stamina has been mentioned, but my point is that when he drops deeper, holds the ball and gives it to wings for example, then he is still able to make those runs with his speed and arrive to the box either on time, or with a late run. This is something that Lacazette could not do in his later years, and he wasn't a target man either.

He can also be very tricky with the ball when he has confidence. For example against Tottenham before his goal I think, he was in the center circle against two players. He took the ball with a small touch, basically giving him just enough time to bounce the ball over the next guy, and Arsenal got the attack which resulted in a corner and a goal.
I came across the situation I explained above. Look at the situation and Havertz here.

Havertz is at DMF position, and if he had lost the ball, it would have been a 5 vs. 4 attack.

Instead it was a corner, and he scored the winning goal. He was part of every step. And he would have been in the box for the cross.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Lol. Are you smart enough to look at the goals and assists he has in games he played 9? Or is that too much for you?
You aren’t allowed to score as an attacking midfielder? He played as an attacker. He wasn’t playing goalie or CB

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

So strikers and attacking midfielders (on average) score at the same rate?

Look he has been a striker in this league for 4 years now his best season ever is this year. 9 games isn’t much of a sample and seems to me that people are cherry picking his stats. I have seen nothing to convince me he is good enough as a striker and he is worse as an attack midfielder. He looks good compared to jesus this year who has been awful; and Eddie as well has been awful. Mik likes him will play him as first choice. If he bags 15 or more in league next year then you can see an upward trend and improvement. 9 matches isn’t enough for me to be convinced. But i will say he is much better than first half of season, which he was horrific. And by comparison to his time at Chelsea he is better by the numbers. You guys say his 9 matches have convinced you; hasn’t convinced me; end of story

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

So you concede he isn’t an elite striker? You don’t think we need one? I think we do if we want to win league or Cl

Kai has played 8 of the last 10 games for us as a striker. He’s scored 7 and assisted 5 in that period of time.

These are top striker numbers, if he can continue this we will not be signing a striker.

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

Look he has been a striker in this league for 4 years now his best season ever is this year. 9 games isn’t much of a sample and seems to me that people are cherry picking his stats. I have seen nothing to convince me he is good enough as a striker and he is worse as an attack midfielder. He looks good compared to jesus this year who has been awful; and Eddie as well has been awful. Mik likes him will play him as first choice. If he bags 15 or more in league next year then you can see an upward trend and improvement. 9 matches isn’t enough for me to be convinced. But i will say he is much better than first half of season, which he was horrific. And by comparison to his time at Chelsea he is better by the numbers. You guys say his 9 matches have convinced you; hasn’t convinced me; end of story

It took us having 3 games left with 80 points to stop you from pummelling the Arteta thread with your negative remarks against the coach.

Now you’ve turned to the Havertz thread it’ll take him having a 20-25 goal season up front for you to move elsewhere.

Do you know how to feel optimism?

GoonerJay24

The reason why Kai is producing is because he finally has friends here. Before he was playing video games in a blackhole by himself but now he's playing with the crew.

Yh can't underestimate the social side of football. Can really bond players and build more cohesive performances.

He's been really good lately. Initially, I liked his signing, but began losing faith around November. Since January, he's been one of our best players, growing in confidence every week and links well with others. I still think we need a new striker come the summer, but due to Kais form; that doesn't have to be an elite expensive signing.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Gabriel giving it the ✋🏾😛🤚🏾 before Havertz for his goal against Spuds was beautiful.

The team cohesion atm seems fantastic. Credit to Uncle Mikel for making it a priority.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
His numbers don't really matter though, what matters is how the team doing. Since January we have dropped just 5 points, thats title winning form and Kai has been an integral part of that team. Thats good enough for me.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

What's the great thing about Havertz as a false 9 that might not have been mentioned, is his stamina.

Well of course stamina has been mentioned, but my point is that when he drops deeper, holds the ball and gives it to wings for example, then he is still able to make those runs with his speed and arrive to the box either on time, or with a late run. This is something that Lacazette could not do in his later years, and he wasn't a target man either.

He can also be very tricky with the ball when he has confidence. For example against Tottenham before his goal I think, he was in the center circle against two players. He took the ball with a small touch, basically giving him just enough time to bounce the ball over the next guy, and Arsenal got the attack which resulted in a corner and a goal.

Don't want to jinx it but incredible durable too it looks like.

Arsenal Quotes

I am not arrogant and I'm not frightened to say it.. Arsenal can go through whole season unbeaten

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom