• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kylian Mbappé

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Can see Dortmund selling Aubemayang for massive money and getting Mbappe.

Gonna rage if it happens, ****, it's a certainty thinking about it.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Nah, Mbappe will have bigger clubs now he has the "new Henry" label.
They'll sell the club to him, he's only 18.

"Play with your mate Dembele until you're 20, get more CL football in a similar league, you can move to Madrid later".

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

We have spent around £100m net the last two summers, throw in Alexis maybe Özil and the rest of our sales and you're talking £100m plus on top of the usual budget.

No excuse not to pay whatever they ask really, even if he flops ( :lol: ) you'd get half back just for the hype.

He's the type of player the club can hype up to play down a profit for Kroenke, Wenger staying and no Alexis as well.

ARSNLNO1

I think the majority of clubs will be wary of bidding too much for an 18 year old, but we need to be brave and take a gamble sometime because I am convinced that if we think the figures banded around for Mbappe are high this summer coming they will be nothing to what is being talked about in another year.

Impact

Established Member
Mbappé looks an extremely exciting prospect but paying over £60m+ is excessive. For all his talent, he probably won't be the difference between us going from being there or thereabouts to winning for a few years.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Guys,
You can stop the Mbappe to Arsenal (or BVB). He is not leaving this summer. NOT HAPPENING.
I already mentioned the couple of players Monaco will sell this Summer: Bernardo Silva, one CM and possibly Mendy since they already have the highly rated Jorge, a young international Brazilian as
an option there.

Preacher

Always Crying
Guys,
You can stop the Mbappe to Arsenal (or BVB). He is not leaving this summer. NOT HAPPENING.
Why ? He has contract until 2019. You think it will be extended or they will allow his contract to run down ? His price will be lower with only 1 year remaining on his contract.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Why ? He has contract until 2019. You think it will be extended or they will allow his contract to run down ? His price will be lower with only 1 year remaining on his contract.
He signed a 3 yr contract last year (the max term for academy players in France). From all accounts in Monaco, they are going to extend him this summer.Mbappe himself said he wants to stay at Monaco and the club has been pretty clear that he is not going anywhere. It is not that Monaco is desperate for money.

Beyond that though, even if he was on his last year in the Summer 2018, I can't imagine his price would be lower with the number of suitors he will have then. He is not even a starter now at Monaco and he is getting a lot of attention. Wait for next year when he plays week in and out and showcases his talent. His transfer fees can only go up.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Money talks, bullshit walks. If the right offer is there Mbappe will leave this summer.

What's the "right"offer for Mbappe? :rolleyes:
Actually, we have seen number of cases in football where this cliche does not fly. Go back to the Lacazette thread last Summer when I predicted he will not leave, regardless of the offers....
PSG was willing to pay whatever it takes for Neymar, did not happen.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Man, I'd do anything to go back to the days where you could pick up a Nicolas Anelka for 500K.

On another note, I ask once again, what exactly is it that Grimandi does in France? He's basically on an eternal holiday.

:lol:
Actually, it is harder to pick up young talents than before. Most clubs in France have top notch academies and recruiters now.
Looking at the France U-19 or U-17 teams, all of the players are already enrolled with professional clubs.

GDeep™

League is very weak
On another note, I ask once again, what exactly is it that Grimandi does in France? He's basically on an eternal holiday.

He was part of the process that helped pick up Diaby, Sagna, Kos, Nasri etc. All quality.

I'm sure there are French guys we missed out on too that we don't know about.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Man, I'd do anything to go back to the days where you could pick up a Nicolas Anelka for 500K.

There's still value to be had, not for 500k but better value then 60M for a young player with a handful of games.

GDeep™

League is very weak
There's still value to be had, not for 500k but better value then 60M for a young player with a handful of games.

It's a balancing act, not sure you'll be happy with a 20M kid who's 2 or 3 years away from performing, while Mbappe is more expensive, he could offer something straight away.

I don't think we're breaking any banks though, for any player, we're Arsenal, the culture has always been conservative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom