• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Laurent Koscielny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
I actually found this really interesting, hard to watch at the start however.

One thing they seemed to say is it's very possible Kos could come back and be physically better off, maybe quicker, more agile, better power and that he should be able to get back to the level he was or even better. They also mentioned how this injury could actually make his career longer.

I wonder if they are 'just' saying this or they actually believe it to be true. I genuinely thought Kos probably wouldn't play 1st team again, but if we could have a Sokratis and Kos partnership for a year or so I could see that being solid while we wait for a top CB.

I only know one person who had an Achilles injury, and she came back quite the same, but then again she was rather slow and not agile to begin with.

In terms of ACL injuries I know people who didn't have it operated on when it wasn't fully torn and just built up muscle to keep the knee stable and it worked for them to come back the same, at least until they stopped being pros and thus stopped working on their muscles. So there's possibilities to deal with heavy injuries and come back well.

So it might be true, or not. Depends on the individual I suppose.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Skipper Koscielny declared: “The manager and his style is fresh air for the club. He came here and knew the football he wanted to play.

He tries to give all the ingredients for the players to learn about his tactics and how he wants to play

HBL

Established Member
Was a suicidal move by Emery to start him after only playing the easiest 70 minutes of his life against Carrierbag.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Cant really call him done after that & with the defenders at the club.

Up against sneaky strikers with clowns around him not ideal after so long out.

LG10

It’s the clubs fault that he’s even an option. He was finished before the injury, did anyone think he’d come back from this injury in good shape? Inept FC strikes again. Very dark days when sokratis is your best cb.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Just seemed a bit crap, I’m not sure just how much of that second Southampton goal can be blamed on rust.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
OTT squad out on force today.

This is a club that employs Mustafi. Kos will play a good amount of games between now and the end of January, which will be a better sample size, while not changing the fact we need another cb in regardless this window and another one during the summer if we plan to bin Mustafi.

He wasnt as done as people like to believe and he still obviously matters in the changing room, hopefully he gets up to speed and manages to contribute to a decent level.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
His first game out after seven months out with two team mates in defence that he's never played with. He wasn't great but he'll get over it. Time will tell whether he can still play at the level we need him to.

Camus

Trusted ⭐
He's 33, has a chronic Achilles problem, was out for 7 months, was steadily declining in quality before his injury anyway and has made comments that allude to him being mentally weak. He's tittering on the edge in my opinion, he said he's leaving after his contract is up in 2020 so honestly wouldn't be surprised if we sold him in the summer. If Holding hadn't gotten injured then his game time would have most likely been limited to just cup games and the odd PL game here or there.

Manberg

Predator
Physically he looks frail and weak compared to his former self. It will take him months just to regain physical sharpness.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

He's been done since about 2016 tbf. The decision to only sign Sokratis in the summer and no one else is looking a bit stupid now. I mean apart from him we're relying on Mustafi who we know isn't of the quality required, Holding who wasn't really in favour before Emery came but in fairness has done well, Kos who's finished and Mavropanos who's still an unknown in terms of how good he could be because of his lack of experience. I mean Evans was available for 3 million, surely he'd have been fine for the season or two. Him and Sokratis as a pairing with Mustafi and Holding as backups (hoping to force their way into the squad) would have been pretty good. We honestly shouldn't be in a position where Koscielny is required but that's the position we're in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom