• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Laurent Koscielny

Status
Not open for further replies.

say yes

forum master baiter
Been a joy to watch this guy develop over the last half decade.

Definition of a rough diamond when he arrived but he's become more polished each and every season.

Been one of the best defenders in the world for a few seasons now, but it's getting to the point where you could argue he's the best. Starting to develop a real presence at the back.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Koscielny vs Keown? who's better?
Would appreciate an answer from someone who saw Keown play in his prime.

Kos is far better than Keown tbh. I was never the biggest Keown fan, always had an error in him and couldn't pass the ball five yards.

He was a leader of men though, fearsome CB. Doubt many enjoyed playing against him. Kos has a bit of everything, same can't be said for Keown.

nmn

He'll captain us for the 30th game against city.
What a ride, from Guingamp:

laurent-koscielny-carriere_0.jpg

To this:

arsenal_6.jpg

say yes

forum master baiter
Kos is far better than Keown tbh. I was never the biggest Keown fan, always had an error in him and couldn't pass the ball five yards.

He was a leader of men though, fearsome CB. Doubt many enjoyed playing against him. Kos has a bit of everything, same can't be said for Keown.

Not sure I agree with this, Koscielny has more in his locker but Keown was a brilliant defender. Very few defenders out there I'd describe as 'far better' than him.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Not sure I agree with this, Koscielny has more in his locker but Keown was a brilliant defender. Very few defenders out there I'd describe as 'far better' than him.

He did the simple things perfectly well. Lacks in too many departments to be considered a superior player to Kos.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

10 years he'll have been here, his testimonial will be a joke if he doesn't win the league or CL, we need your best three years now, Laurent.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Keown was a top defender, regarded as the best man marker of his time.

The only question to be asked is whether Kos gets an invite to the Adams, Keown, Campbell, Cole etc club. Probably yes, with Sagna.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

10 years he'll have been here, his testimonial will be a joke if he doesn't win the league or CL, we need your best three years now, Laurent.

The only thing stopping Laurent from having a bigger profile is the lack of trophies with us.

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
top 5 defender on the planet without a shadow of a doubt, and best defender on the planet when it comes to interceptions and not only recovering the ball but keep in it on our team.

he is a poem on how to defend.

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
The only question to be asked is whether Kos gets an invite to the Adams, Keown, Campbell, Cole etc club. Probably yes, with Sagna.
there is not doubt about it.
i thought he was going to move after this season, the fact that he is signing a new deal makes him automatically a club legend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom