• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Laurent Koscielny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
He's 31 now? That time seems to have just flown by. Wonder what it is at the club that makes him stay. Reckon he could double his money and have a better shot at trophies if he moved.

Shame even our own fans will never give him the recognition he deserves, because 'he always has a mistake in him'.

GDeep™

League is very weak
He's 31 now? That time seems to have just flown by. Wonder what it is at the club that makes him stay. Reckon he could double his money and have a better shot at trophies if he moved.

Shame even our own fans will never give him the recognition he deserves, because 'he always has a mistake in him'.

If a Bayern, Barca, Real, Juventus etc were willing to double his money he would be gone.

Reality is, for a number of reasons his profile just isn't big enough for major clubs to put out the required outlay for him.

One of the reasons being he played for a developing club in Arsenal, we weren't a top club between 2006-13. The other reason being his shortcomings for France until recently.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
****, time really does fly, cannot believe this is his 7th season for us.

RUS arsenal

Established Member
If a Bayern, Barca, Real, Juventus etc were willing to double his money he would be gone.
If you read some of his interviews and knew a little about his exploits outside of the game then you'd know that that statement is just wrong.

Koscielny is one of the rare endangered species of professional footballers who actually have the word loyalty in their dictionary and know how to remember kindness shown to them in the past.

GDeep™

League is very weak
If you read some of his interviews and knew a little about his exploits outside of the game then you'd know that that statement is just wrong.

Koscielny is one of the rare endangered species of professional footballers who actually have the word loyalty in their dictionary and know how to remember kindness shown to them in the past.

Fair enough.

Hunter Zolomon

people keep waxing on about loyalty, not that kos is not loyal but he might just want to stay in london because his life is here. How often do people uproot their whole lives and families to move to another country for a job. That is one of the reasons managers like alex ferguson wanted their players to get married, because that made them less likely to make transfer requests. However i am not saying kos does not love this club but people should think of footy as a career for professional football players and like any career the people in it will want to balance their career achievement with family life if they can.

GunnerShy

I think he just appreciates what he's got. Everything great that has happened to him in his career and in his personal life has happened at Arsenal. He's probably the type to not want to **** with things if they're perfect.
It's a fair point. I think he has great perspective, no doubt due in some part to the fact that he was crafting away from the top tier of football during his early 20s. Been a super player who has remained loyal and "on message". Offering him a contract extension to 2020 is a break away from recent policy. But I don't mind it, he has been immense for us and I'm glad he is being looked after.

Mike Vinna

It's players like him I really hope we win a big trophy for.. Same for Alexis if he stays until his 30's. They leave everything on the pitch for the cannon.

Last edited:

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I think he has great perspective, no doubt due in some part to the fact that he was crafting away from the top tier of football during his early 20s.
Yeah, good point too. That has to have played a part. He's also probably spoke to other players that have left and, if they were honest (I think) when he asked them, they'd have told him life didn't really get any better after Arsenal, despite the odd CL and extra salary.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
You still upset about that girl?

You know what, as soon as I posted "life lesson" I thought someone was gonna assume I'm still not over my ex :lol:.

Fortunately I am over the whole situation. But there's many aspects in life where we abandon something solid and dependable in search for greener grass. I suppose it's human nature. I'm not against trying to better yourself or striving for improvement, but it's important to learn to be content.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Robert Pirès was a fabulous player, world-class, and for a few years, before his injury, he was unquestionably the best left-midfielder in the world by far. He had incredible technique, he was smart, a finisher. He was a killer with a smile, the gentlest man in the world who suddenly drive the ball exactly where it was needed.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom