• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Leicester City: Another FFP Victim

skip spence

Almost at the half-way stage Leicester are top of the league: who would've thought? Think they deserve a thread of their own and I'm curious to know who they are.

Led by the sympathetic and almost universally well-liked Ranieri, this squad of (what seems to me) decent to average PL players are surprising everyone again and again. That said, I can't say that I've much knowledge of their squad. Who are they? They've got a dude called Drinkwater, funny name that. Two huge centre-backs that apart from their size shouldn't really strike fear into many forwards one would think. A winger that was released by rock bottom Aston Villa. And of course Mahrez and Vardy, the breakaway stars who seems to be all the difference at the moment.

How far can this Leicester team go? Surely they can't be a serious threat for the league title?

1658947204787.png

Last edited:

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Player:Saka
**** Leicester. It was cute at the start but now they can just **** off.

(I do actually admire how far they've come. From bottom of the table last March to the top in less than a year. Truly inspiring.)

But seriously, they've made their point, now **** off.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Well, for them to get their own thread on AM is saying something.

I think this is a sign of things to come (hopefully) which spells great news for English football. I guess the money available to any Premier League club will make this kind of story a more common occurrence. We've had Southampton & West Ham lead the charge for the "smaller" clubs in recent years & Palace & Watford are putting up a great show this season also.

However, what we're seeing with Leicester is something not seen in the Premier League in two decades.

Long may it continue....as long as we win the league!

They have a crunch period over December/January & it'll be interesting to see whether the "miracle on turf" is still alive come the new year.

Interestingly no team with 35 pts after 16 games has ever finished outside the top 4 in the Premier League era.

For Leicester to even make the Cl spots is remarkable.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
They have been excellent so far, but now its time for them to fall behind.

Unfortunately I support the opposition they play now, unless its City, Chelsea, United, Liverpool or Sp**s.

redanddread

They have been excellent so far, but now its time for them to fall behind.

Unfortunately I support the opposition they play now, unless its City, Chelsea, United, Liverpool or Sp**s.
They have Everton, Liverpool & City in 3 of the next 4 games.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Everyone loves an underdog and Leicester are no different. How can anyone have anything against a team with no high price players and a likeable manager who has been there seen it done it. Ok Gary Lineker may be reason enough but thats all.

So far we are the only team to beat them and I expect the same when we play at Emirates. They wont win the PL but I hope they beat all the top clubs bar us and finish 2nd.

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Player:Saka
I'm an Arsenal fan. Not a Leicester fan. It's admirable, but I'd rather them drop out of the top 4 and let an old rival in (yes, even Sp**s) than cost us a title.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
They haven't played a single tough away game yet, West Ham, Saints, and Stoke best teams they've played away.. :lol:

Their next two games are Everton and Pool, both away... Followed by city, b'mouth, spuds, villa, stoke, liverpool, city, and us..

So, yeah. They'll soon crash and burn, but I do hope they can finish in the top 4.

Tired of the hype though, some of the wanking about their team and players is slighty disgusting.

redanddread

They haven't played a single tough away game yet, West Ham, Saints, and Stoke best teams they've played away.. :lol:

Their next two games are Everton and Pool, both away... Followed by city, b'mouth, spuds, villa, stoke, liverpool, city, and us..

So, yeah. They'll soon crash and burn, but I do hope they can finish in the top 4.

Tired of the hype though, some of the wanking about their team and players is slighty disgusting.
Don't be so FURIOUS bro........let the love in continue!

:)

Edit: I hear that Stoke (a) is a tough game

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
I love em!! It's a great story. A club with very little money compared to the big 5 clubs, whose team probably only cost them a fraction of what Man City, Man U, and Liverpool spent on their squad. It's a throwback. It's glorious. And for my book, Mahrez is probably one of 4 best players in the league.

I hope they do make top 4, and if we don't win it this year, then I hope they do.

Last edited:

Proof

Established Member
Claudio Ranieri is one of the most unfortunate and underrated managers of all time. I would share a steak with him.

YL0KZuR.jpg

skip spence

Best of luck to them but I think they will start to drop off now during the holiday season and end up around 7th to 10th. Mahrez and Vardy are in red hot form but that won't last forever and defensively they look rather suspect. When doubt creeps in they might collapse like a house of cards. Credit to Ranieri though, he really has instilled a sense of togetherness into this team and I'll be cheering for them as long as they don't play us or actually look like sustaining their title-push into the last third of the season.

Last edited:

haha_arsenal

Every year there's a team who performs extremely well, better than they usually are.
last year was Southampton, the year before was West Ham, Everton etc.

but Leicester is so far the best of them all but after the festival period...
gandalf.jpg

juice man

Can't make his mind up
A lot of tough fixtures coming up. I think they will stumble soon and drop plenty of points. They will coast to a CL spot though, Man U and Sp**s won't be consistent enough to capitalize on their poor form when it comes.

James Bond

Moderation Consultant

Their style of play is suited to playing away though so I dont see why it that matters tbh.

They will lose something once Mahrez goes to the ACON but it wouldn't surprise me if they still keep picking up results because there is just so much belief within this team.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Their style of play is suited to playing away though so I dont see why it that matters tbh.

They will lose something once Mahrez goes to the ACON but it wouldn't surprise me if they still keep picking up results because there is just so much belief within this team.

Always matters, most teams are better at home and will fancy their chances.

Algeria aren't participating, so Mahrez's staying.

Investigating further into Leicester's fraud position in the league, they've beaten wba, sunderland, villa, west ham, norwich, palace, watword, newcastle, swansea and chelsea, pattern is clear, they only beat **** sides. With their upcoming fixtures in mind we'll see them going down, quickly. Pool, everton and city next, let's see where they're then.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom