• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Let's all laugh at Man Utd: Istanbald

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

@Juan Matas Beard Rashford is some talent. Hypothetical but would he have broken through regardless of who was manager?

Also was he known as a massive prospect before LVG played him?

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

@Juan Matas Beard Rashford is some talent. Hypothetical but would he have broken through regardless of who was manager?

Yeah, he's always been raved about within the club. I always knew him as the guy that did rabonas for fun in U18 matches.

I'm not familiar with many of your youth players but I've heard a few names and every club has a gem in their academy who's raved about, possibly like the buzz someone like Crowley/Jeff/Beilik gets at Arsenal? That sort of buzz is what Rashford got at our club (for the sake of perspective.)

He was on the bench a couple times before he made his debut. Let's say there was no Louis Van Gaal to throw him in the deepend. I'm confident he'd still have made it but probably at a later age than 18. Similar sort of thing with Pogba but he had a tad bit more hype, which I think was more so due to Raiola and his contractual status.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Yeah, he's always been raved about within the club. I always knew him as the guy that did rabonas for fun in U18 matches.

I'm not familiar with many of your youth players but I've heard a few names and every club has a gem in their academy who's raved about, possibly like the buzz someone like Crowley/Jeff/Beilik gets at Arsenal? That sort of buzz is what Rashford got at our club (for the sake of perspective.)

He was on the bench a couple times before he made his debut. Let's say there was no Louis Van Gaal to throw him in the deepend. I'm confident he'd still have made it but probably at a later age than 18. Similar sort of thing with Pogba but he had a tad bit more hype, which I think was more so due to Raiola and his contractual status.
Thought so, the lad looks too good to be someone who just benefited from injuries (obviously he did but you know what I mean).

ferrarif50hunt

Established Member
Ok important question.

I have put 4 Man Utd players in my back 5 for the work's fantasy league. Do we think Utd will be solid defensively this season? And who do you think will start? I've got De Gea, Smalling, Bailey and Shaw.

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

Ok important question.

I have put 4 Man Utd players in my back 5 for the work's fantasy league. Do we think Utd will be solid defensively this season? And who do you think will start? I've got De Gea, Smalling, Bailey and Shaw.

I wouldn't recommend it, especially not the center backs. Lots of talk that Bailly won't be our starting center back whilst he adapts to the English league and learns the language.

Shaw's been sharp however, haven't seen Smalling all pre-season so our defence is a bit of a mystery right now.

House MD

At youth level he was seen as a good player but general consensus was that his finishing wasn't upto the mark (a la welbeck a bit). He used to play at Right Wing a bit because of this. James Wilson was the nailed on starter as he used to be lethal for the reserves and at most youth levels but doesn't look ready at senior level even at Brighton. Rashford though has had some fortune in that he was the only fit striker (Rooney martial injured, Wilson and Ashley Fletcher-another youth prospect who is now at WHU-out on loan) for the Europa game but what happened since then is no luck.

I'm not sure if he would have broken through right now under another manager. Sure we didn't have another forward option but frankly most managers would have played someone like lingard or Memphis as a false 9 rather than risk an 18 yo

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

At youth level he was seen as a good player but general consensus was that his finishing wasn't upto the mark (a la welbeck a bit). He used to play at Right Wing a bit because of this. James Wilson was the nailed on starter as he used to be lethal for the reserves and at most youth levels but doesn't look ready at senior level even at Brighton. Rashford though has had some fortune in that he was the only fit striker (Rooney martial injured, Wilson and Ashley Fletcher-another youth prospect who is now at WHU-out on loan) for the Europa game but what happened since then is no luck.

I'm not sure if he would have broken through right now under another manager. Sure we didn't have another forward option but frankly most managers would have played someone like lingard or Memphis as a false 9 rather than risk an 18 yo
Interesting, different opinion to @Juan Matas Beard.

illmatik

Established Member
Not going to be laughing at this lot much this season I feel. But we can hope

Ive been saying the same thing about them for the past 2 seasons, doesn't matter that its Jose either, his stock has fallen...when they signed Falcao/ADM I thought they would turn it around, then they signed Depay and you would expect them to do better.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Ive been saying the same thing about them for the past 2 seasons, doesn't matter that its Jose either, his stock has fallen...when they signed Falcao/ADM I thought they would turn it around, then they signed Depay and you would expect them to do better.
LVG and Jose are two very different managers. Your optimism has sprung from your own misled predictions from previous seasons.

Arsenal Quotes

What is unbelievable is that I am in a position where people reproach me for making a profit. The people who lose money – nobody says a word.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom