• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TornadoTed

Established Member
I feel we've been saying something of this nature for over a decade now. Truth is these players we have aren't good enough for where we need to be.

Standards have dropped at this club to a place where average is good enough and journeyman players who wouldn't have sniffed a starting place in 2008 let alone in 2004 are being hailed as great players. This is despite game after game of the same mistakes and failures.

Yes players are played out of position, but most of them don't have it in them to go up three or four levels.

The next manager will have to do a clearout in my opinion.

Are they that bad though? Take last Saturday for example, how many of that Leicester team are better than the players we have? I would take at least 2 of Maddison, Tielemans and Ndidi but apart from that I think we have equal or better players everywhere else. They have a balanced, settled team playing in a distinct system and that is the difference to me. Do Sheffield United have one single player who would get in out XI, I would say no chance and yet they are outperforming us too at the moment.

Last edited:

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
Are they that bad though? Take last Saturday for example, how many of that Leicester team are better than the players we have? I would take at least 2 of Maddison, Tielemans and Ndidi but apart from that I think we have equal or better players everywhere else. They have a balanced, settled team playing in a distinct system and that is the difference to me. Do Sheffield United have one single player who would get in out XI, I would say no chance and yet they are outperforming us too at the moment.

Leicester and Sheffield United aren't the standard.

Man City and Liverpool are. How many of our players would get into their teams?

In fact I think we overrate our players. Would any of us have taken Aguero/David Villa over RVP around 2009? Sometimes we get attached to our players when it would be better to take another player of similar quality because they're more likely to stay fit or put in more consistent performances.

TornadoTed

Established Member
Leicester and Sheffield United aren't the standard.

Man City and Liverpool are. How many of our players would get into their teams?

In fact I think we overrate our players. Would any of us have taken Aguero/David Villa over RVP around 2009? Sometimes we get attached to our players when it would be better to take another player of similar quality because they're more likely to stay fit or put in more consistent performances.

I agree that none of our players bar Auba maybe would get into City or Liverpools first XI. We are light years off them, it would take 2-3 seasons of everything falling perfectly in to place to get even close to them.

However the sad truth is the target hasn't been winning the league for over a decade now, it has been top 4. We need to get back to being Champions League regulars first before we start thinking about taking the huge step up to Liverpool and City.

I still maintain that we have the 3rd or 4th best squad in the division and are good enough to reach their target if they are utilised properly.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I think it is rather disingenuous to go after the fans this time. It is not like this is Emery's first season. There is no improvement to speak of, in reality, the team has gone backwards since Wenger.

The board should simply accept that they got this one wrong, and try again.

This time choose a manager that knows the Premier League, and that can communicate effectively. Granted we were spoilt by having the classiest communicator ever to graze a managerial seat, but it is vital that we get someone in that can connect to the players and the fan base.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

My last FIFA game I've had has been 18 on PS3, there is a big difference between new players & previous original players, this squad now is so much more competitive then FIFA 18, Saka, Pepe, Martinelli, Willock (stats today) Guendouzi (stats), Tierney, Cellabos (despite loan) Luiz are so much more competitive then the players in FIFA 18. We should be competing so much higher with this squad we have this year. Why aren't we?

Last edited:

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
Just need to get behind the team, despite the manager, now. He’s here to stay.

Get behind what though, I don’t know, top 4 is over and EL is now a vehicle for Emery to save his job.
Won't matter if we fluke into winning EL as we'll end up there next year anyways after getting spanked in the group stage. Top 4 wouldn't actually be over if we had a competent manager.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
My last FIFA game I've had has been 18 on PS3, there is a big difference between new players & previous original players, this squad now is so much more competitive then FIFA 18, Saka, Pepe, Martinelli, Willock (stats today) Guendouzi (stats), Tierney, Cellabos (despite loan) Luiz are so much more competitive then the players in FIFA 18. We should be competing so much higher with this squad we have this year. Why aren't we?

tenor.gif

RichWeath

What the heck has fifa18 got to do with it, it's a ****ing computer game

Ashybashy86

This is the effect Arsenal is having on some fans. They're beginning to lose their mind and all sense of reality. Rough times ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom