• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Seems a few former players pushing the viera truck....Dixon, parlour now edu....what do they know that we don't? I'm sick of it now though....put your balls on the line...appoint a new manager and back him in jan...then we can do our part and give them the time they need and our backing
I heard Seaman as well on the radio.

Joestlaachmkr

I was talking about both manager search terms, in 2018 and this year. +Enrique also rejected us last month.
The only candidate which i know of who said no to further negotiations with the board in 2018 was Tuchel since he had already signed a contract to take over PSG at the time. Enrique are obviously in a difficult time of his life so the timing was probably not right, but Enrique reportedly wanted to succeed Wenger in 2018 but ultimately he got rejected by the board so in many ways i can understand if Enrique said no to the offer as a payback.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Nagelsmann or Rose, but they're unattainable.

In this poll, I voted for Poch, Rodgers and Allegri. 2 already are out.

As the last resort, I would take Ancelotti for 18 months to steady a ship. He has experience and respect. He could be our LvG. Then Rose or Nagelsmann if they will be on the market.

Nagelsman and Rose will be unattainable after the summer I reckon.. both will be snapped up quickly.

The bigger concern for me is whether we can survive until then, and yes despite some on here not bothered about it... I worry about our relegation form. Tomorrow's match will give us an idea as to whether Freddie can get us the 10 wins we need before writing this season off as not a complete train wreck.

Or just play it safe altogether and secure Potchettino, quality coach who can steady the ship for the next five years. Ultimately the safe option, like settling for the stable woman and not the one who sets your heart on fire.

Malky

Established Member
So we're getting rid of Freddie who atleast some coaching experience, after a short run of games, where he's struggling and looks out of his depth, so we replace him with Arteta who has zero experience?? What a ****ing shambles of a club we've become :lol::lol::lol:

Leeroy1979

Nagelsman and Rose will be unattainable after the summer I reckon.. both will be snapped up quickly.

Or just play it safe altogether and secure Potchettino, quality coach who can steady the ship for the next five years. Ultimately the safe option, like settling for the stable woman and not the one who sets your heart on fire.
I like this! Sums up how I feel my head knows potch is the answer, the most qualified, experienced etc but in my heart there is a huge part of me that wants us to go balls to the wall high risk high reward and go left field......and I wonder in life why I have made so many dubious decisions lol

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
Pushing Vieira might be intentional though - the board must be aware us fans need to be prepared to be underwhelmed

GunnerShy

If the Pepe signing is anything to go by, we will know no later than the media. Everything else is noise. They will give Lundberg a few more games, if he can get the side going, it will buy them more time. If not they will probably have to make a move. I find it very interesting that Pochettino has not explicitly rules the move out yet

GDeep™

League is very weak
What if the board want one person, Raul wants another and Edu wants the other?

I can see Edu wanting to get the old band back together with Vieira, while Raul wanting an Arteta type.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

What if the board want one person, Raul wants another and Edu wants the other?

I can see Edu wanting to get the old band back together with Vieira, while Raul wanting an Arteta type.

Surely Josh would be the decider here though. Tbf I could see him wanting Vieira too, in his mind it appeases the fans as we'd be bringing one of our all time greats (some would argue THE greatest to play for us) to manage the side. It seems like it'd be something he'd be in favour of.

But yeah I can see them all not necessarily being on the same page in terms of who they want.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Surely Josh would be the decider here though. Tbf I could see him wanting Vieira too, in his mind it appeases the fans as we'd be bringing one of our all time greats (some would argue THE greatest to play for us) to manage the side. It seems like it'd be something he'd be in favour of.

But yeah I can see them all not necessarily being on the same page in terms of who they want.
Josh would be clueless here though, unless someone is advising him.

Jackie_Treehorn

Player:Martinelli
rubbish
there's way more guarantees with a proven manager than a cone coIIector
emery wasn't proven at arsenaI IeveI, he faiIed to break top 4 @ seviIIa which has actuaIIy done better since he Ieft, & extreme circumstance at PSG is too extreme to draw concIusiveIy, he's a mid tabIe manager who had some cup success in a cup before every1 eIse started to take that cup serious, comparissons to anceIotti or aIIegri are a joke

if arteta wasn't a former wenger pIayer this wouIdn't even be a conversation
why aren't u caIIing for us to appoint any of peps staff who have been with him since barceIona b days?
Are you h1dIng some kInd if messag3 wIth your strange choIce of LLetters here?:lol:

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Oh I agree, there was rumours a while back that he was in favour of Henry getting the job. I think he'd be looking for an appointment to appease the fanbase as much as possible. Hence why I think he'd also favour Vieira. Especially if we can't get a top class manager.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
his preference could be vital though, as he holds the purse strings - it was rumoured he wanted Henry last time around, so could be in the Vieira or Arteta camp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom