• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life after Wenger | Ornstein: Arsenal set to appoint Unai Emery

Do you think Emery will get the club back on an upwards trajectory?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Who here thinks Wenger could do it if we had Usmanov pumping his money into the club?

The dreamer in me thinks he could but the realist in me thinks his problems go beyond player quality...

Hunter Zolomon

Our players are better than Leicester's though?

Before you tell me it's a fluke, Wenger is the one who constantly relies on these injury prone players.

Secondly, we've had Ramsey, Özil and now Sanchez all have brilliant seasons under Wenger. Not purple patches but entire seasons. Why can't he get them all playing well together?

• He can't get his best players all playing well together.
  • He struggles to offload subpar players and bring in the right ones.
I mean those are they key competencies of management, forget all the other stuff. How can you possibly defend that?
bruh, trust me he is gonna

Hunter Zolomon

Stop talking about money.

The man cannot manage a football team.
loooooool. I have given up on makingtrax these days. I hope he puts his dividends he gets as a share holder to good use. We are watching tottenham improve yearly, with less money and a tactically astute manager. So they messed up in the champions league but does anyone doubt that they will do better next season? the answer is no but can we say the same for arsenal under wenger.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

The save draft function is ****ed.

I was writing an incredibly well thought out post in relation to the state of the club and I saved the draft to come back to it another time and now its gone.
Gotta use that notepad when you're doing a biggie.

Hunter Zolomon

You see these angry dads in the park shouting at their sons for not having enough fight and balls. Bit like the start of the Journey in FIFA 17 when the hero gets fouled and his dad shouts at him for not being tough enough and storms off.

Those guys are all over this forum :lol:
If there was ever a troll, please at least argue the point with your usual defence of its all about money.

Jaywood Mac

If somebody had punched holes in it, I'd be the first to admit it :lol:

You mistake my post. Nobody wants to beat Guardiola with a stick, the guys doing OK in a very tough league.

The squad's not worth discussing, everybody has their own idea of who's a good player and who's rubbish and who's worth what . . . wasted bandwidth.

Getting back to it. At the moment then (if you're happy with that) Guardiola, one the most lauded managers on the planet is neck and neck with Wenger. All I'm saying is one can't be the best thing since sliced bread and the other an inept, useless, bottling, past it, tactically clueless idiot.

It's all f***ing nonsense mate, surely an elite poster like yourself can't be suckered by this ridiculous hype. It's beneath your status on this forum to defend it :lol:
Its one season for Pep. And his first in England. If he was doing this for 12 years it would be a problem. Hell if he does it again next season he will be ridiculed! This isn't one season with Wenger. This is every season for years now!

Jaywood Mac

I wonder if all the posters on here talking about squad cost would back Wenger to win the league even with the most expensive squad? I know I wouldn't.
Considering we've a better squad and "higher squad cost" than early emirates years and when we had the likes of chamakh gervinho denilson squillaci silvestre etc. starting, yet we look the exact same, get the same results and still arent any closer to league and CL then its clear we wouldn't. Problems go much deeper than squad costs.

teamsoutheast

Player:Ødegaard
Erm, what? Firstly it's Atletico, not "Athletico". Secondly, these teams bar PSG (which aren't even relevant to Arsenal considering they've actually smashed top teams) have all reached a champions league final, or won the whole thing in the last 10 years. The fact that you can only pick out 3 results in the last few years is testament to how unusual a drubbing is. Even so, who gives a flying ****? I'd happily lose to Real Madrid 5-0 on aggregate if it somehow meant we won the damn thing within 5 years.
You were born in 2007 mate.
?

Preacher

Always Crying
Jonker and Ljunberg are gone. I liked them both.
Now we have couple open spots. It's good time to start full reorganization of the club. We need to choose their successors having in mind that. After Wenger will step down(I hope), replace all old dogs - Primorac, Banfield, Peyton, Colbert and etc. Hire Simeone/Allegri/Sampoali/Jardim as a manager. New manager will decide Bould's future. Hire sporting director, who will work hand in hand with manager.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

I don't get why some are so accepting of defeat in the CL against bigger teams. Just because they have better players doesn't mean you have to lose 8 out of 8 times. If the team is well prepared and you get a bit of luck you should be able to go through at least once or twice.

You simply have to stay in it after the first game, get a bit of refereeing luck in the second leg or have your best player score with great efficiency and you can go through. It's not a mission impossible.

It is, though, when you bottle the first game so badly that the tie is already over, which happens year after year for us.

teamsoutheast

Player:Ødegaard
Erm, what? Firstly it's Atletico, not "Athletico". Secondly, these teams bar PSG (which aren't even relevant to Arsenal considering they've actually smashed top teams) have all reached a champions league final, or won the whole thing in the last 10 years. The fact that you can only pick out 3 results in the last few years is testament to how unusual a drubbing is. Even so, who gives a flying ****? I'd happily lose to Real Madrid 5-0 on aggregate if it somehow meant we won the damn thing within 5 years.

There have been more drubbings in the champions league than that. I just used those 3 as an example. If you want more, then I'm happy to provide them. In the Champions League you do need a little luck on the way. I don't think we have had luck of the draw in the last 16 in recent years . We always seem to either get Barcelona or Bayern Munich who we have both beaten in 1 of the legs previously and there's no shame in losing to them. We even managed to win our group this year and STILL draw Bayern (WTF). The way people are reacting on here you would think that we had lost to Genk or Ludogorets for the last 10 years.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
it was tough drawing Bayern after winning the group, but could we have done as well as PSG against Barcelona? I doubt it very much.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
The save draft function is ****ed.

I was writing an incredibly well thought out post in relation to the state of the club and I saved the draft to come back to it another time and now its gone.
For a giant rant use Notebook/Word or Pages whatever platform you're on, then copy and paste.

Nothing more frustrating :(

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Agree with the bolded tbf Wenger is still better than the average manager but using your own logic maybe we're neck and neck because our squads are of around similar quality. You did say that the manager is secondary when it comes to league performance. :p
That's two in two days. First @bingobob and now you. I'm ticking them off slowly on my AM posters spreadsheet entitled 'Crush the hype'. :lol:

@Jury 'll crack one day. When the new manager is 6th for the 3rd running and he's started drinking that bottle of Antigua rum at lunchtime, he'll look back and think @Makingtrax, @Tir Na Nog , @GDeep, @bingobob, @Trilly, @hydrofluoric acid were right all long, Wenger wasn't that bad, f*** me, who would have guessed it. :lol:

Ewarwoowar

I don't get why some are so accepting of defeat in the CL against bigger teams. Just because they have better players doesn't mean you have to lose 8 out of 8 times. If the team is well prepared and you get a bit of luck you should be able to go through at least once or twice.

You simply have to stay in it after the first game, get a bit of refereeing luck in the second leg or have your best player score with great efficiency and you can go through. It's not a mission impossible.

It is, though, when you bottle the first game so badly that the tie is already over, which happens year after year for us.
I agree with your post in essence but,,,
:lol::lol:"Refereeing luck",, in the Champions league,,,,an English team,,,,in the last 16,,.:lol::lol:

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
I'll be here forever boys
wenger-smile.gif

139879.gif

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Our players are better than Leicester's though?

Before you tell me it's a fluke, Wenger is the one who constantly relies on these injury prone players.

Secondly, we've had Ramsey, Özil and now Sanchez all have brilliant seasons under Wenger. Not purple patches but entire seasons. Why can't he get them all playing well together?

• He can't get his best players all playing well together.
  • He struggles to offload subpar players and bring in the right ones.
I mean those are they key competencies of management, forget all the other stuff. How can you possibly defend that?

Sometimes in football the sum is greater than all the parts

Look at Greece winning the euros
Porto winning the CL with fvckface at the helm even...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom