• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life after Wenger | Ornstein: Arsenal set to appoint Unai Emery

Do you think Emery will get the club back on an upwards trajectory?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lookin' for a new Baby

New name pending...
139879.gif
That made my nose hurt!!!

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

That's two in two days. First @bingobob and now you. I'm ticking them off slowly on my AM posters spreadsheet entitled 'Crush the hype'. :lol:

@Jury 'll crack one day. When the new manager is 6th for the 3rd running and he's started drinking that bottle of Antigua rum at lunchtime, he'll look back and think @Makingtrax, @Tir Na Nog , @GDeep, @bingobob, @Trilly, @hydrofluoric acid were right all long, Wenger wasn't that bad, f*** me, who would have guessed it. :lol:
Honestly mate. If we get a proven manager in I just can't see us getting worse.

I'm also ready for the beginning of the end though. I won't miss the CL one bit, that tournament has done nothing but leave mental scars.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
it's a pity CL isn't still limited to the winner of the home league - I have little interest in it, and would happily see us out of it before it began, instead of out of it before the QFs, but falling below 4th would hurt

and to really see how we would do without European football, we would have to fall to below 6th

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

That's two in two days. First @bingobob and now you. I'm ticking them off slowly on my AM posters spreadsheet entitled 'Crush the hype'. :lol:

@Jury 'll crack one day. When the new manager is 6th for the 3rd running and he's started drinking that bottle of Antigua rum at lunchtime, he'll look back and think @Makingtrax, @Tir Na Nog , @GDeep, @bingobob, @Trilly, @hydrofluoric acid were right all long, Wenger wasn't that bad, f*** me, who would have guessed it. :lol:
Don't dilute my position. I think Wenger has done a reasonable job all things considered however I still believe he could and should have done a better job. I firmly believe another manager with our squad will have us competing at a higher level on a regular basis. Races to the wire for the league and progression beyond the last 16 in the CL.

Having said that I'm prepared that it may not happen. We may linger outside the top four maybe the top six. None the less I'll not be losing any sleep if we do. It'll be an opportunity to rebuild for a new manager without midweek and weekend games. An opportunity for the manager to get his own stamp on the training field to take us forward. A new manager may need that opportunity to get out of Wenger's shadow his CL qualification record being the equivalent to what Fergie did with trophies at United. The manager may need to go backwards to go forward.

I'm firmly in the Wenger out camp and I'll have no regrets either way.

scytheavatar

Established Member
Everton is 6 points behind us, albeit with a game at hand, but 6th for the 3rd running might still be an improvement from this season if we end up 7th..... which is unlikely but not outside the realm of possibility. Especially based on our form.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Don't dilute my position. I think Wenger has done a reasonable job all things considered however I still believe he could and should have done a better job. I firmly believe another manager with our squad will have us competing at a higher level on a regular basis. Races to the wire for the league and progression beyond the last 16 in the CL.

Having said that I'm prepared that it may not happen. We may linger outside the top four maybe the top six. None the less I'll not be losing any sleep if we do. It'll be an opportunity to rebuild for a new manager without midweek and weekend games. An opportunity for the manager to get his own stamp on the training field to take us forward. A new manager may need that opportunity to get out of Wenger's shadow his CL qualification record being the equivalent to what Fergie did with trophies at United. The manager may need to go backwards to go forward.

Just quoted what you said, no dilution. It's just banter.

Shame you felt you had to justify your position, it just highlights the peer pressure on this forum.

Wenger won't be lingering outside the top 4. He'll be gone.

teamsoutheast

Player:Ødegaard

I don't understand this logic. You are willing to have another manager come in, drop out of the top 6 (not even top 4), and give him years to rebuild his squad but yet, not allow Wenger 2 more years to build upon what has arguably been a pretty successful 5 years domestically?

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I don't understand this logic. You are willing to have another manager come in, drop out of the top 6 (not even top 4), and give him years to rebuild his squad but yet, not allow Wenger 2 more years to build upon what has arguably been a pretty successful 5 years domestically?
You'll soon know what Darwin experienced. :lol:

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

He believes that Wenger has a glass ceiling and will never be competitive for the league again.

He believes that a top manager could make us competitive but understands that not everyone can be like Conte, more often than not it will take at least half a season to have your team playing the way you want.

Bear in mind the next Arsenal manager will have a uniquely difficult job. Wenger is the only manager who has chosen every single player in his squad. He's deeply ingrained in this club.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Interesting that Jonker got the Wolfsburg job, didn't @BobP once say that he thought Jonker was being groomed to replace Wenger? Obviously this means it'd be unlikely he'd be in a position to take over this summer but it does show that Jonker has ambitions of being a manager.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Wenger 2 year extension and Jonker will take over in 2019 if I was a betting man... which I am tbf.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Cant decide if Jonker leaving is a big deal or not?

Add in the rumored exits of Wenger, **** Law & a third of the first team out of contract in 2018.... its concerning. o_O

Preacher

Always Crying
I remember stories, that Jonker wasn't happy, that Wenger overruled him on this subject:

I understand, that Jonker wanted to have more power in the club, but Wenger thought otherwise, because like everyone already know - all decisions must be approved by him. It isn't very surprising that at the first opportunity he jumped ship.

Last edited:

I remember stories, that Jonker wasn't happy, that Wenger overruled him on this subject:

I understand, that Jonker wanted to have more power in the club, but Wenger thought otherwise, because like everyone already know - all decisions must be approved by him. It isn't very surprising that at the first opportunity he jumped ship.

Its a big opportunity for him. He would have been mad to turn it down.

Don't think this has anything to do with Wenger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom