• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Lorenzo Insigne

Floating

Established Member
yousif_arsenal said:
if we need a good winger from Italy then we should try to sign Alessio Cerci good pace good finisher good passer too 12 goals 13 assists this season 8 goals 12 assists last season.

What about Domenico Berardi?

Brotherz

Now, Antonio Ottaiano, the agent of the player has confirmed today that he and his client feels honoured about the reported interest of the London based club.
“We take into account the praising reports that Wenger has given about the
player,” Ottaiano told Italian website <a class="postlink" href="http://www.tuttomercatoweb.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">www.tuttomercatoweb.com</a>. “We are honoured that a club like Arsenal could have Lorenzo on their wish list.
“However, from here to take it to the next level, that is a possible transfer, there is a huge mountain in between named Napoli.”
However, the agent said he is very cautious about the interest of Arsenal it will be the management of Napoli, who will take the final call over the future of Isigne.
“The (Naples) club consider him without a shadow of a doubt as one of their cardinal players for their ambitious project.
“Hence, as of today, I don’t see that there can be any further developments unless Arsenal speak to Napoli directly and Napoli change their view on Lorenzo’s role here.”

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Floating said:
yousif_arsenal said:
if we need a good winger from Italy then we should try to sign Alessio Cerci good pace good finisher good passer too 12 goals 13 assists this season 8 goals 12 assists last season.

What about Domenico Berardi?

He had a great season but still too young for a top team in my opinion.

Pies

Really laugbale people still using the "he's too short" stance, we've seen time and time again smaller players doing well in the prem. Not really much of an issue for me, if you're good enough, you're good enough.

Insigne is a tricky dynamic player. Normally out on the left for Napoli, but comes in on his right. Good technically ability and can go by his man and can setup goals and create chances. Really think this is just typical bs rumour though...

Quality player though and would definitely take him, but I'm sure his fee will be quite high. Still need a quality CF and DM and replacing Sagna.

Anzac

Established Member
IF the interest is genuine and ongoing, then perhaps a sign that AW is looking to retain the status quo re small technical player types to control the ball?

Anzac

Established Member
ArsenaLover said:
Apart from his height he is the type of a player we lack.
Inisgne, Muniain... we need something like that. Its hard to find players who are as skillful and unpredictable like them yet tall and strong

They don't need to be big or have height - Aguero, Tevez, Rossi, Messi, Neymar, Sanchez, Pedro etc, but they DO need good balance and acceleration or strength on the ball, and they need to be in a team that has balanced roles and player types to suit the style of play.

If you want a small technical player of the same type & style but with more physicality then I'd be looking towards the likes of Muniain and Shaqiri.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
Anzac said:
ArsenaLover said:
Apart from his height he is the type of a player we lack.
Inisgne, Muniain... we need something like that. Its hard to find players who are as skillful and unpredictable like them yet tall and strong

They don't need to be big or have height - Aguero, Tevez, Rossi, Messi, Neymar, Sanchez, Pedro etc, but they DO need good balance and acceleration or strength on the ball, and they need to be in a team that has balanced roles and player types to suit the style of play.

If you want a small technical player of the same type & style but with more physicality then I'd be looking towards the likes of Muniain and Shaqiri.

Thats why I mentioned Muniain today couple of times.
I dont buy all those 'too short' to play in England stories, but of course it helps if even at smaller size player has good strength, like 2 you said.

I also like Cerci as someone said, but I do think its very important for that signing to be a right footed. Both Cerci, Shaqiri, and another favorite of mine, Kruse, are left footed players

Wouterus

ArsenaLover said:
I do think its very important for that signing to be a right footed.
Why? Walcott, Chamberlain, Gnabry are all right footed. Chamberlain started his Arsenal career on the left and looked promising. Our only left footed option out wide is Podolski and he doesn't really provide width. We need a wide forward who is effective, does it matter with which foot he scores/assists?

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
For me yes. I prefere Ox on the right, or in the central position. Walcott is wide right or in some scenarios up front, Podolski is left winger and could play cf too.
Whoever signs should play on the left side, cuase right side is packed.

Naturally, if you are left footed on left wing and you get a thru ball, or trying to beat a man on left, you go down the line and cross, or cut in and pass. Its more difficult to score.. And we already have Podolski, Theo, and as I said Ox, to play on the stronger foot wing.

We lack width and cutting in from wing with ability to score. Surely right foot would help.

Adore Gnabry, but think he will be loaned cause he needs one season with tons of playing time before he is totally ready. Only way he might stay is if we buy true striker

Anzac

Established Member
ArsenaLover said:
Anzac said:

Thats why I mentioned Muniain today couple of times.
I dont buy all those 'too short' to play in England stories, but of course it helps if even at smaller size player has good strength, like 2 you said.

I also like Cerci as someone said, but I do think its very important for that signing to be a right footed. Both Cerci, Shaqiri, and another favorite of mine, Kruse, are left footed players

Cerci isn't 'small' & IIRC there was some talk last summer along with Cuadrado (whom I think is a player that AW would love to have as he can play on either flank or through the middle, and in attacking or defensive roles - sort of how SAF used Valencia).

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.whoscored.com/Players/44868/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.whoscored.com/Players/44868/</a>

Insigne seem more like a Di Maria type wide man rather than a Griezmann type replacement for Podolski as a goal scorer. That said his strengths are encouraging, but his stats don't indicate that he dribbles or crosses much, which is perhaps more of what we are looking for?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.whoscored.com/Players/83390/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.whoscored.com/Players/83390/</a>

He's an option, but depending on the role I'd rather have the likes of Di Maria, Reus, Sanchez & even Cerci ahead of him.

Anzac

Established Member
<a class="postlink" href="http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2088141-arsenal-transfer-news-gunners-ready-to-pounce-for-lorenzo-insigne" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2088 ... zo-insigne</a>

<a class="postlink" href="http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2088228-arsenal-transfer-news-Arsène-wenger-right-to-wait-on-lorenzo-insigne-bid" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2088 ... nsigne-bid</a>

Brotherz

When asked about the Gunners' apparent interest the club president is quoted as saying, “€20million? That’s a joke, I hope.

“Lorenzo’s value is closer to €60 or €70million.”

No chance of this happening.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Has been very impressive this season. Though think Mertens (And Hamsik to an extent) is the real star of Napoli.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Would shatter the illusion than our wide players are any good.

Vision, touch, pace, end product & can dribble... I though they could only do one or two. :p

The good Italians rarely leave though.

Top Bottom