• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Lucas Torreira: Garra Charrua

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
It’s unreal.... pick a game out where we smashed the opposition away from home in a massive semi, look at a players apparent poor pass count that included a hugely important assist, ignore everything else he did that helped and then try and paint him as not very good.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Fantastic little player.

Very important assist and interception that influenced two huge goals for and against. Didn’t get on the ball much, but that’s the sign of a player when he can do that. Imagine if he had a Sunday league standard partner to play with instead of Xhaka... Set to be THE man in our midfield for years to come.

... and a future Arsenal captain

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
It’s unreal.... pick a game out where we smashed the opposition away from home in a massive semi, look at a players apparent poor pass count that included a hugely important assist, ignore everything else he did that helped and then try and paint him as not very good.
I think the jury’s still out on this guy (see what I did there).

On the positive side, he breaks up play well, runs a lot and is reliable. On the negative side, he’s still not a midfielder who can drop his shoulder and can go past players and also he’s very slight in a tough league. He s passing is not a lot better than Guendouzi either.

If he bulks up a bit, gets used to the pace of the Prem and improves his passing he may yet prove to be a top level player. Potential.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

We really have a bunch of spoilt fans. He's human & will make mistakes & have the occasional dip in form but for what is his first season in English football & what is probably his 50+ game of a grueling campaign, I personally will deem it a success.

He just needs more of the N'didi's & Docoure's of the world lining up next to him instead of the Xhaka's.

thierrytheking14

Yes his overall standard has dipped a bit this last few months but for his first season after moving from a slow league like Serie A to a fast physical league like the PL I'm more than happy.

Think next season he can push on and show us more of the standard we seen in first half of the year.

Quality little player!

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
A weak and cowardly imp with the passing range of Elneny, at least the Egyptian shows for the ball.

The favela Coquelin.

Furious

We really have a bunch of spoilt fans. He's human & will make mistakes & have the occasional dip in form but for what is his first season in English football & what is probably his 50+ game of a grueling campaign, I personally will deem it a success.

He just needs more of the N'didi's & Docoure's of the world lining up next to him instead of the Xhaka's.

Xhaka is the superior player. If Ndidi or Docoure came here, Torreira would be riding the bench harder than he's done this season at times.

Wryer

His primary skillset is at shielding the defense, possession recovery and starting counter attacks. I'd hate for him to move further upfield, just to compensate for our poor wide players.

progman07

Established Member
Xhaka is the superior player. If Ndidi or Docoure came here, Torreira would be riding the bench harder than he's done this season at times.
No he isn't, but it is always going to be subjective. Torreira has been burnt out, but he is much more dynamic than Xhaka, defends better, and doesn't offer less in circulating the ball. Xhaka needs too many things to be clicking to have an effect on the game, while Torreira is useful in every kind of game situation.

Furious

No he isn't, but it is always going to be subjective. Torreira has been burnt out, but he is much more dynamic than Xhaka, defends better, and doesn't offer less in circulating the ball. Xhaka needs too many things to be clicking to have an effect on the game, while Torreira is useful in every kind of game situation.

Doesn't offer less in circulating the ball? You must be joking. His passing range is rubbish.

The bloke had 14 passes yesterday, Xhaka was on 46. Of course the usual idiots were after Xhaka last night, if he hid like Torreira he wouldn't get noticed. :lol:

My point was, he would definitely start if the said players came here, the passing alone takes him above Torreria, which we've seen this season.

Sapient Hawk

Trusted ⭐

His passing range is better but you can't tell me you're comfortable having him on the pitch anywhere near the 18 yard box. He's a walking calamity.

I sincerely want Wenger to explain why he went for him instead of Kante when he was available.

Furious

His passing range is better but you can't tell me you're comfortable having him on the pitch anywhere near the 18 yard box. He's a walking calamity.

I sincerely want Wenger to explain why he went for him instead of Kante when he was available.

I agree. His stupid mistakes make me want to sell him as well. However the manager still plays him, so I guess the good outweighs the bad.

How you do you know he did that? Maybe Kante wanted Chelsea, and not Arsenal? Besides Xhaka usually comes on top in the h2h so he can't be that bad.

progman07

Established Member
Doesn't offer less in circulating the ball? You must be joking. His passing range is rubbish.

The bloke had 14 passes yesterday, Xhaka was on 46. Of course the usual idiots were after Xhaka last night, if he hid like Torreira he wouldn't get noticed. :lol:

My point was, he would definitely start if the said players came here, the passing alone takes him above Torreria, which we've seen this season.
People often judge based on the last 5 games. Torreira has shown a very good passing range in the first half of the season. Did he do it yesterday? No.

Furious

People often judge based on the last 5 games. Torreira has shown a very good passing range in the first half of the season. Did he do it yesterday? No.

I disagree. He hasn't shown anything resembling good passing range. He's very basic.

Sapient Hawk

Trusted ⭐

I agree. His stupid mistakes make me want to sell him as well. However the manager still plays him, so I guess the good outweighs the bad.

How you do you know he did that? Maybe Kante wanted Chelsea, and not Arsenal? Besides Xhaka usually comes on top in the h2h so he can't be that bad.

I'll grant you most of the past encounters between us & Chelsea have had him coming out on top in that duel, most recently our triumph against them in the FA Cup final back in 2017.

Here's hoping he plays the game of his life that night & if he does, I'll be the first to acknowledge I was too harsh on him and he can thrive here given the recruitment of good players who can compliment him technically.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
unreal is when an obvious average performance is justified.

Kola had a better game statistically but you wouldn't find anyone praising him because that is not in fashion these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom