• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Lucas Torreira: Garra Charrua

Status
Not open for further replies.

Let's play Aubamawang

Xhaka is a nice player to have when we are playing at home and teams sit deeper.
But away from home, with teams pressing high up, intimidating crowds, backs against the wall...I'd take Torreira any day.

His passing might be a bit inconsistent, but it's certainly better than we've seen recently. He doesn't hide from a challenge, but unlike Xhaka, he is much smarter when going for 50/50s, getting his body in the way instead of lunging. That's the sort of thing you need away from home.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Explaining the benefits of having Torreira takes time with some people, especially to the ones that are used to see Xhaka and Elneny where the meaning of subtle is unknown to them.
It took time for some to understand why Laca is improvement over Giroud and it will take time here.
Same goes for Douzi.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
But away from home, with teams pressing high up, intimidating crowds, backs against the wall...I'd take Torreira any day.

This is exactly the situation we were in last night yet Torreria managed freakin 14 successful passes. How's that for cowardice?

Same against Napoli away, where he managed 13 with a 62% success rate. :rofl:

These numbers aren't even Coquelin worthy.

I think we are still trying to figure out how to fix our midfield. It has been constant struggle for many years now and although I don'r rate any of our midfield options I think at least Xhaka and Torreira can play better!

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I’ve seen **** all proof that Xhaka’s passing range is better than Torreira’s. In fact, what I have seen is to the contrary. There isn’t one facet of the game Xhaka’s better. His passing is mythical. This is coming from the same ‘*****’ who said Xhaka was a better passer than Cazorla.

:rofl:

14 passes last night, one of which was an assist that killed the game. What was the other pile of **** trying to achieve with his passing?

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Ask any oppo fan in the country who they'd rather take off us--the Kosovan Craig Eastmond, or Torreira.

In fairness to Craig Eastmond, he never had a bunch of youtube videos extolling the virtues of his style of play :lol:

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Over the course of the season, I think Emery hasn't managed Torreira that well. He is obviously super tired right now, and the last thing any team should want is for their best players to be playing their worst at the end of the season.

Our current formation 3-4-1-2 requires a lot of effort and running from our central midfielders, and there isn't another midfielder to cover for them if they make a mistake. Also, since we only have 2 CM, it makes it hard for us to have numerical supremacy in the midfield, so now our midfielders far too often have to beat their defender in order to spread the ball into attack. All of this is bad for tired legs.

Due to this, we concede too much possession and players run more when they don't have the ball.

Basically, Torreira just looks super tired to me.

Let's play Aubamawang

This is exactly the situation we were in last night yet Torreria managed freakin 14 successful passes. How's that for cowardice?

Same against Napoli away, where he managed 13 with a 62% success rate. :rofl:

These numbers aren't even Coquelin worthy.
It looked to me like he had a bit more licence to roam last night, can't be helped if others don't pass him the ball. I'd be more interested in the number of touches, interceptions, tackles, etc if you have those to hand?

Impact

Established Member
Torreira is still adjusting to the physicality of the Premier League. He's shown in a few games including against top level opposition (Liverpool (H), Sp**s (H), Chelsea (H) and Fulham (A) come to mind) that he has the ability to play in this league. Next season will give us a clearer picture of whether that is as a starter or a squad player. I lean towards the latter.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Been laughing since last night about how this is being portrayed in some quarters. Saw one headline that termed it a "transfer bombshell" and others acting as though Torreira wants to move to Boca Juniors this summer. Obviously it's something for many years in the future. Boca can't afford to pay him what Arsenal or other European clubs can pay. And as a Boca Juniors fan myself, I quite like the idea of him playing there in about 10 years.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Ask any oppo fan in the country who they'd rather take off us--the Kosovan Craig Eastmond, or Torreira.

Most arsenal fans are so used to us being in shambles formation/organization wise that it clouds their judgement of players

My mates who support a wide variety of teams rate him for sure, they see his strengths

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom