• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Lucas Torreira: Garra Charrua

Status
Not open for further replies.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Were we not in for him the summer after Leicester won the title? I seem to remember we were linked to him & later that summer Xhaka was signed.

No, you're right.
Pretty sure there even were clear indications that he would've come here over Chelsea.

It was the darkest transfer window of them all, for me personally.

We've basically been the best team in the league except for a one season wonder Leicester.

We could've build on that headstart on Chelsea, ManU, ManCity and all others who've been going through a transition phase, but we decided to go for the cheap solution once again.

Even with Xhaka, it wasn't that much of a risk buying Kante as well for 30m. That guy has basically been the best DM in the world in that season and the trend for inflationary player prices was already there to be seen.

We could've spend 50-60 million more back then to get Kante and some other promising younster in as well to stuff all holes and could've dominated the league the year after.

My heart is still bleeding when thinking of this..

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
No, you're right.
Pretty sure there even were clear indications that he would've come here over Chelsea.

We've basically been the best team in the league except for a one season wonder Leicester.

We could've build on that headstart on Chelsea, ManU, ManCity and all others who've been going through a transition phase, but we decided to go for the cheap solution once again.

Even with Xhaka, it wasn't that much of a risk buying Kante as well for 30m. That guy has basically been the best DM in the world in that season and the trend for inflationary player prices was already there to be seen.

We could've spend 50-60 million more back then to get Kante and some other promising younster in as well to stuff all holes and could've dominated the league the year after.

2015 and 2016 ruined us. I'll never forgive the old trio. Ever.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
No, you're right.

I think big Wengz was put off by the wages kantes camp was demanding although looking back £35m release clause or whatever it was and £150k a week much better investment than kosovan Craig eastmond. Better yet he could've just taken a chance on him and signed him before Leicester got did :lol: I sure i remember his reasoning for not signing him that summer was that the fans wouldn't be happy with a cheap signing but then went on to spend similar on neny in January :rofl:

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
I think big Wengz was put off by the wages kantes camp was demanding although looking back £35m release clause or whatever it was and £150k a week much better investment than kosovan Craig eastmond. Better yet he could've just taken a chance on him and signed him before Leicester got did :lol: I sure i remember his reasoning for not signing him that summer was that the fans wouldn't be happy with a cheap signing but then went on to spend similar on neny in January :rofl:

"We don't need Fabregas, we already have Özil" - Fabregas goes on to outplay the league.. :rolleyes:

No offense to Wenger, love the man to bits, but in the market he/the board was so so frustrating.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I sure i remember his reasoning for not signing him that summer was that the fans wouldn't be happy with a cheap signing but then went on to spend similar on neny in January :rofl:
There was an article afterwards about how Wenger took notice of who Kante's friends were and was off put by that. I think Wright was the one quoted.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
"We don't need Fabregas, we already have Özil" - Fabregas goes on to outplay the league.. :rolleyes:

No offense to Wenger, love the man to bits, but in the market he/the board was so so frustrating.

Fabregas was always going Chelsea, anyone who thinks Arsène would reject Cesc doesn’t know Arsène, he would fit 11 AM’s if he could.

Last edited:

OSBK

Established Member

Classic wenger, dont forget he didnt think 7mill for mbappe was a good deal.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Cesc the snake **** had agreed a deal with Chelsea long before. Wenger even hinted to it. Don’t know why you guys just ignore this all the time?

GDeep™

League is very weak
Funny thing is, Jose ended up playing Cesc in a deep position. Basically if Jose had Özil and Cesc he'd have fit them in easily enough.
Wenger didn’t have this chance because Cesc had already agreed a deal with Chelsea.

Cesc wanted to return to a potential PL winning team, wasn’t interested in a return here at all.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Wenger didn’t have this chance because Cesc had already agreed a deal with Chelsea.

Cesc wanted to return to a potential PL winning team, wasn’t interested in a return here at all.

People are so stupid to think we turned Fabregas down, he was going to Chelsea before Arsenal even knew he was available and being the snake he is he definitely added fuel to that fire.

Lucas better step up because he was poverty for most of last season.

He was good his first few months but completely fell off second half of the season, everyone would blame Xhaka and El-Neny but he deserves the benefit of the doubt.

Last edited:

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
He was good his first few months but completely fell off second half of the season, everyone would blame Xhaka and El-Neny but he deserves the benefit of the doubt.
The same time when Emery started to force 3 at the back. It's either Torreira forgetting how to play football within a few weeks or change of tactics.

pikey2000

People are so stupid to think we turned Fabregas down, he was going to Chelsea before Arsenal even knew he was available and being the snake he is he definitely added fuel to that fire.

Didn't we have first refusal if Barce chose to sell? If so, doesn't fit the narrative that Chelsea tied him up on a deal before we even realised he was available.

I still think he chose them over us, but i'm not sure about this, we didnt even know he was available lark.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Lack of athleticism. Only so far that dogged determination will take you. There's a player there but like Xhaka, seems very susceptible when game kicks up a notch. I wanna see how he does next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom