• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Make, Break or Something Else?

air

This is our make or break season. It's all or nothing, now or never for us. I've read it here on the forum, in newspapers (even one in my country) and on websites.

It's all rubbish.

Okay, I concede that if we finish first we've made it. If we finish fifth we're broken. However, many people think we will finish second, third or fourth. People are also saying we will be slightly stronger this year. Let's say we finish second, third or fourth, five or six points from the winners. Which one does that count as, make or break? Even if you have an answer, for the board that has to mean there's another season for Wenger. We're not Real Madrid, surely we will not fire our manager for not winning the title. We might if we finish a long way off.

I know Wenger has said we need to succeed this or next season, but do you see him quitting after next season if we are five points behind the winners? Even some of us fans are saying we need to be competitive first and foremost, not win the title without excuses. How is that make or break?

Obviously it would be more dramatic if either we crumbled and finished fifth or won the league, but it's likely neither will happen. This time next year some will be running their mouths about all these years without a trophy, some will be saying it is the key season, and others will be saying that the youngsters are ready to step up with an extra year of experience under their belt. Nothing is going to change!

So as long as we stay competitive, we could win our next title sometime in 2014 under Wenger. It's no fun, but it sure is a hell of a lot more realistic than all this talk of make or break.

Latest posts

Top Bottom