• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Makelele - the delayed dive

skart14

Boateng did the same thing..to send solano off. Almost rivaldo-esque, hit on the foot but went sprawling covering his fcuking face....utter disgrace..

i dint understand why the sent off player did the smacking on Smackelele.
He just touches the sentoff player then he smacked Smackel's face.

Soler

Established Member
Zikos was slapped in the cheek by Makelele and lightly pushed Makelele in the back of the head. Makelele took about three steps, fell over, Zikos was sent off. Simple.

Biggus

Established Member
I rekon they should suspend him for a few games at least.

Aussie if FIFA are fair dinkum about clamping down on this, an example should be made of someone with a lengthy ban handed out, and this is a perfectly clear illustration, Makelele has no excuse- Its even creaping into AFL now :x But I think they have their minds occupied with Cameroons 1-piece kit right now :roll:

Romain

I'm a bit late that's right, but here's the comments of Henry and Wenger :

(It was an interview for "Foot Citoyen" (www.foot-citoyen.org) broadcast on "L'Equipe tv" (www.lequipetv.fr), even if it's not their accurate words, I quite remember).

Henry : "Claude Makelele dived of course, we all saw that (he laughs), but I would like to defend Desailly, if it's possible. I quite would like to know if Marcel saw what happened or if he only saw Claude on the ground, pretending to be hurt. He knows him very well, and during his career, Claude never did that kind of things, we all know that. So if he didnt see the whole action, his reaction could be understandable. Did you ask him whether he saw that ? This could be a good idea...

Wenger : "This leads to the question of your role (the french medias) in that story. If this happened in the French Squad, would you have blamed him in that way ? I really wonder.

Actually it was a bit longer but this was the main idea.
Just to come back to Henry's question, whether Marcel saw the beginning of the action and the dive, further in the program ("Enfin du Foot") Didier Roustan showed the video. Indeed, it seems Marcel couldn't see the dive... Seeing a partner hurt is enough to "justify" his reaction, even if it was wrong.

brianfrance

Established Member
Ce qu'a fait Makélélé, c'est pas habituel, mais le fait qu'il provoque ça c'est habituel, donc Marcel n'avait pas à applaudir. (D'ailleurs Makélélé a tenté la même chose avec Rooney pendant l'euro, la petite claque bien provocatrice;j'ai horreur de ça;Rooney n'a pas réagi comme Zikos, un poil trop sanguin certainement)

Sorry for the French language;
I just said Desailly did a mistake. And anyone know if Marcel knew Makélélé was dived, but Marcel already knew Makélélé is an agitator on the pitch.
Wasn't a gentleman, as he played against a French club. Again, I can't see Jean Pierre Papin doing the same against Marseille in Champions League.

beanz

what about deco's dive yesterday, he was tapped on the ankle outside the box, ran 3 more paces & then fell over, what a joker! good thing the ref waved play on, but the only way to stamp out this cheating is to issue yellow cards, and while i'm on my soapbox, a yellow card should be shown to those players who try to encourage the ref to card other players, you see it more & more these days, a players gets fouled & turns to the ref waving his hand in a gesture to give a card.
"unsporting behavior" & should be dealt with appropriately! :x

Arsenal Quotes

I've got the best goalkeeper and the best centre half. All I need are the best wingers and the best forward. It doesnt matter what the rest are like.

Herbert Chapman

Latest posts

Top Bottom