• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win Manchester United 0 - 1 Arsenal | Sunday, May 12th | KO: 16:30 GMT | Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Screenshot_20240505_122220_Chrome.jpg

Here's hoping they beat us at home as comfortably as they've beaten Brighton, Bournemouth, Palace & Fulham.

It has fallen to me to shepherd our young, battle weary Gunners & will them on to see our last away match of the season in style.

It is to be the 32nd battle at Old Trafford between the two sides who, in the not-so-distant past, WERE the Premier League.

I say battle because no trip to Old Trafford has ever been a drab affair. Even when both clubs were cast into the wilderness.

Those titanic battles that did matter, usually swung the pelendulum towards the victor.

Screenshot_20240505_115434_Chrome.jpg

This legendary gunner knew what it's all about!!

We mustn't falter in the face of what is, undoubtedly, the worst United side since the PL era started. This is coupled with the fact they're being led by the worst United manager of said era & certainly the one most obsessed with us!!

God willing, it's a hard fought 3 points for us so that INEOS remains convinced Ten Hag is the way forward so he can fritter away another £400 million.

Manchester United 0 - Arsenal 2

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

Bet you were one of the cheap skates who just watched it from the roof of the building!

I honestly can’t remember if I was at that match - I would have been in the third year of my law degree in Leeds, so was more of an occasional attendee back then, albeit I had a mate whose family literally had a dozen season tickets in the row behind the directors box, which was handy, so I definitely wasn’t on the roof of those flats…😂

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
I attended the start of the modern rivalry Arsenal v MU fa cup game , Whiteside dives never a pen. Brian McClair Rugby converts it over the bar and Nutty Nigel gives it to him verbally :lol:.

AM go mad that given Sunday!
Ah.....those were the days !

I attended my first game at Highbury that season. 😁

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I honestly can’t remember if I was at that match - I would have been in the third year of my law degree in Leeds, so was more of an occasional attendee back then, albeit I had a mate whose family literally had a dozen season tickets in the row behind the directors box, which was handy, so I definitely wasn’t on the roof of those flats…😂

Woah, didn't know Leeds had universities in general nevermind for law degrees...live and learn!

I was about 4 years away from being born, and then a further decade or so from being an Arsenal fan inn1988...so I wasn't on that building either I can confirm.

Topside

Bet you were one of the cheap skates who just watched it from the roof of the building!
Had a terrace season ticket for good few years.

What a ground Highbury was huge terraces North Bank and Clock End. Away allocation like that day v MU totally taken up whole of Clock End so MU had id guess 16k away support :applause:.

Terraces were great to watch football from, super banter and could meet up with mates you only saw match days.

Arsenal talking pre Hillsborough days always a ground that in the mix to host FA Cup semi finals. We got taken off the list....reason?

Club refused to install fences on either terrace which FA requested, what happened few years after awful, our club turned down money to do the right thing spectator wise.

Topside

Riou etc

Amazingly after the tragedy FA saw their mistake and couple years later top my head we hosted Liverpool v Portsmouth FA Cup sf.

Topside

Only ever went to MU away once we won 1-0, we really got battered they should of won about 3 or 4 1 balance of play.

Charlie Nicholas with the winner about our only shot on target that dribbled over the line :lol:. Afternoon of torrential rain in Manchester.

I was on the supporters football special train, the locals not happy MU had a great start to season that result knocked them off the top of the table, they knocked out our train windows!

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Riou etc

Amazingly after the tragedy FA saw their mistake and couple years later top my head we hosted Liverpool v Portsmouth FA Cup sf.

My fav FA cup moment was when we drew Farnborough away in 2003.

David Dein basically said we don't want to play on your crappy pitch, how about we switch stadiums...you keep all the gate cash, and we slap you 5-1 on our carpet.

Win-win... think the FA made it official after it, that you couldn't do that anymore lol :lol:

Topside

Well fair play Beany if you made it into law.

I was about to enter the first GCSE era!

Did OK old exams were written but a lot papers had multiple choice answers, or in my case multiple guess :fcrossed:

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

They have pace upfront and that is it the rest of the team is fvcked. Just do our job and give ETH a nice send off!!

Synical

Miss Superstitious

Even if we win the last two games 10-0 and City bag the title, as sure as death, taxes & crypto scams social media will be awash with people gleefully claiming “Arsenal have bottled it”
Yeah I'm already having United fans texting things like "Asda are doing 2 for 1 on tissues"

I hope we 7-up these dickhead losers who are currently fighting for Europa. So irrelevant and pathetic that the only fun they have these days is watching us fight for the title and hoping we fail to make themselves feel better.

Topside

Yeah I'm already having United fans texting things like "Asda are doing 2 for 1 on tissues"

I hope we 7-up these dickhead losers who are currently fighting for Europa. So irrelevant and pathetic that the only fun they have these days is watching us fight for the title and hoping we fail to make themselves feel better.
Imagine the scenario Arsenal fans are happy Sp**s, Chelsea let alone WHU win the the title.

MU fans hoping MC win the league step back think about it laughable at how far they have fallen.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Imagine the scenario Arsenal fans are happy Sp**s, Chelsea let alone WHU win the the title.

MU fans hoping MC win the league step back think about it laughable at how far they have fallen.
Genuinely think if sp*rs needed to draw against City to stay up but it handed Arsenal the title, a large number of their fans would be happy to be relegated :lol:

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

They're playing Casemiro at CB vs Palace...yikes.

If they put that line up vs us then there is *zero* excuse not to spank them.

• Pray
Reactions: A_G

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Agreed but I’ve said this a lot about them in the last 11 years

True but it's different this time - last season we should have beaten them but we were tactically naive + Martinelli goal incorrectly ruled out.

If we score first I won't be surprised to put 3+ past them.

Reactions: A_G
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The coach's role is to make the player understand everything that serves the interest of the game. To do this he must speak to the child within each player, to the adolescent he was and the adult he is now. Too often a coach tends only to speak to the adult, issuing commands for performance, for victory, for reflection, to the detriment of the child who is playing for pleasure, living in the present.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, May 18

Arsenal‘s interest in Ivan Toney has waned. It is unlikely he will join this summer and neither will Alexander Isak, with the club no longer interested at his £120m price [John Cross - The Mirror]

Benjamin Šeško will cost €65m this summer [Sky Sports Germany]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom