• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win Manchester United 0 - 1 Arsenal | Sunday, May 12th | KO: 16:30 GMT | Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Screenshot_20240505_122220_Chrome.jpg

Here's hoping they beat us at home as comfortably as they've beaten Brighton, Bournemouth, Palace & Fulham.

It has fallen to me to shepherd our young, battle weary Gunners & will them on to see our last away match of the season in style.

It is to be the 32nd battle at Old Trafford between the two sides who, in the not-so-distant past, WERE the Premier League.

I say battle because no trip to Old Trafford has ever been a drab affair. Even when both clubs were cast into the wilderness.

Those titanic battles that did matter, usually swung the pelendulum towards the victor.

Screenshot_20240505_115434_Chrome.jpg

This legendary gunner knew what it's all about!!

We mustn't falter in the face of what is, undoubtedly, the worst United side since the PL era started. This is coupled with the fact they're being led by the worst United manager of said era & certainly the one most obsessed with us!!

God willing, it's a hard fought 3 points for us so that INEOS remains convinced Ten Hag is the way forward so he can fritter away another £400 million.

Manchester United 0 - Arsenal 2

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
I'm worried about this game, purely because United are capable of creating something from nothing, in an instant, particularly with Bruno on the pitch.

We need to be focused and put in a professional performance right through, from defense to attack. If we limit our mistakes and maintain concentration I think we'll get the job done this evening.

I think get the goals and keep the clean sheet and we set ourselves us well for the final day. I dont need revenge, I need a professional 2-0 victory.

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

I'm worried about this game, purely because United are capable of creating something from nothing, in an instant, particularly with Bruno on the pitch.

We need to be focused and put in a professional performance right through, from defense to attack. If we limit our mistakes and maintain concentration I think we'll get the job done this evening.

I think get the goals and keep the clean sheet and we set ourselves us well for the final day. I dont need revenge, I need a professional 2-0 victory.

The longer the game drags on at 0-0, we'll start getting nervous & the chances increase of them hanging on for a draw or even snatching an unlikely victory.

If we come flying out & play our game the way we've done away from home this year, it's going to be a very long afternoon for United...and not in a good way either.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
For how much I hate United, English football was 100% at it's peak when them and us were battling it out at the top in the late 90s and early 00s...so will always respect them for that.

However I still hate them and they are managed by an insane man with dementia right now, so a 9-0 win for us is the minimum today 👍

dino bravo

Established Member

Talk of revenge and so on is unnecessary, we just need to stay calm and do our job. Any win will do for me.

Despite what their manager says, he will bring players back in today as he is obsessed. Bet your house Martinez will play for example. It won't be a Casemiro/Evans partnership.

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

Talk of revenge and so on is unnecessary, we just need to stay calm and do our job. Any win will do for me.

Despite what their manager says, he will bring players back in today as he is obsessed. Bet your house Martinez will play for example. It won't be a Casemiro/Evans partnership.

If he thinks the "Butcher of Munchkinland" is a threat to us, he's more touched in the head than I initially thought.

SA Gunner

The longer the game drags on at 0-0, we'll start getting nervous & the chances increase of them hanging on for a draw or even snatching an unlikely victory.

If we come flying out & play our game the way we've done away from home this year, it's going to be a very long afternoon for United...and not in a good way either.

Its likely to stay 0-0 for a while, I dont see United being as open as they've been in the last weeks.

Ten Hag will keep the spaces tight, and leave little to no room between their lines. I cant see them committing to a high press, outside of very specific conditions where they have the numbers to win the ball high. They have seen what Porto, Bayern and Villa have done to stop us from running riot, and be able to snatch a lead and then hold onto it.

We need to score first, otherwise we are likely to struggle today. We have to be very very efficient in front of goal.

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

Its likely to stay 0-0 for a while, I dont see United being as open as they've been in the last weeks.

Ten Hag will keep the spaces tight, and leave little to no room between their lines. They have seen what Porto, Bayern and Villa have done to stop us from running riot, and be able to snatch a lead and then hold onto it.

We need to score first, otherwise we are likely to struggle today. We have to be very very efficient in front of goal.

True. The only glaring issue for Ten Hag is that he doesn't have the personnel either capable or motivated enough to emulate the sides you mentioned.

Whatever tactics or (knowing Ten Hag) lack thereof that United bring, it will matter nought should we come in driven & with a singular purpose to swat them aside.

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

I desperately want this to be a drubbing. Give me like 5 or 6-1

It's Old Trafford. When have we ever dished out a drubbing there?

Our greatest victory by margin is our 0-2 FA Cup win in 2003.

Sadly, given Ten Hag's Glenn Close-like obsession with us, this'll be a lot tighter than most think.

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

It's Old Trafford. When have we ever dished out a drubbing there?

Our greatest victory by margin is our 0-2 FA Cup win in 2003.

Sadly, given Ten Hag's Glenn Close-like obsession with us, this'll be a lot tighter than most think.

I don’t care about previous years. This is the most disjointed uninspired United team I’ve ever seen.

We’re the best we’ve been since the invincibles. If a drubbing were possible it’s now, and it needs to happen.

These United players lose their heads when they go a couple down and go down early.

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

I don’t care about previous years. This is the most disjointed uninspired United team I’ve ever seen.

We’re the best we’ve been since the invincibles. If a drubbing were possible it’s now, and it needs to happen.

These United players lose their heads when they go a couple down and go down early.

Fair point. But I still say you're underestimating United & Ten Hag's gross obsession with us.

9 months on from our match & he's still adamant we destroyed his season :lol:

SA Gunner

Regardless of their form, they will approach this game like they will their cup final. Defensively they will be different to what we've seen from them this season.

It will be a difficult game, make no mistake about that. It will be up to us to take our chances they come, and make little to no mistakes defensively.

Dont be surprised if this is a hard fought 1-0 win.

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

I know what you guys are saying and you are both correct. It’ll be tough but I personally just want to see annihilation.

Sp**s are better than them imo

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Only need to be aware of is thier counter ability we should easily dominant possession here it's old Trafford against big teams their fans and players always turn up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal have always been the club of the people, the streets. Arsenal was one of the first clubs to really have black players, so it did represent the mass of the UK and how London is. I hope people at the club know that and who are they playing for.

Thierry Henry

Daily Transfer Updates

Thursday, May 23

Arsenal have agreed to part ways with midfielder Sambi Lokonga following talks with the player [Evening Standard]

Arsenal are likely to be priced out of a move for Sporting Lisbon’s £86m striker Viktor Gyokeres [Football Insider]

Arsenal are considering a move for Feyenoord GK Justin Bijlow as a replacement for Aaron Ramsdale [Sam Dean - The Telegraph]

Ajax LB Jorrel Hato remains the club’s top defensive target [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom