• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Marco Reus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aevi

Hale End FC
What a coincidence, 24 hours after I post Reus is the Sanchez replacement for Wenger.
The Express coming out with that doesn't flatter you tbh, it actually leaves me more optimistic on the situation than before :lol:

Aevi

Hale End FC
AM fave itk, Dean, retweeted aswell.

I actually suspect we'll settle with Mahrez.
It'd be very Arsenal, settling with the "better value" choice. I'm a little skeptical about him though, just because he's not really one for defensive output and apparently he's a bit of a diva. I reckon he'd be killer in a 3-4-3, but that some not happening anytime soon...

Best case scenario for me if Alexis doesn't sign this season is that Wenger keeps him anyways, signs a good big name, we push on for the title next season and Alexis decides to stay after all. I can dream...

If we are not going to win the league this season the best chance to convince Sanchez and Özil is by good transfer window in the summer. Signing someone like Reus might convince them!

We should just keep Sanchez for his final season, he will play because apparently that is the only thing he wants. Keep him, sign top attacker and just go all in next season!

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Rues is perfect replacement for Sanchez if he left only problem is he is bit injury prone.

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
Marco Reus

tumblr_musmsnWFfQ1qzqnxxo1_400.gif

Must resists.

Will only give in once its confirmed he is an addition to Sanchez and AFC and not a replacement.

Malky

Established Member
Reus is a player we should be signing to play with Sanchez, not replace him. One of Theo/Welbeck/OX/Perez, along with Sanogo, can leave to be replaced by Reus.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Reus in addition to Özil and Sanchez makes us a serious threat in Europe. It would be nonsensical selling Sancjez and replacing him with Reus for a number of reasons. More sensible to sell Ox/Theo and another to raise the funds.

-----------Xhaka/Santi----Coquellin/Ramsey-------------
----Sanchez------------Özil--------------Reus--------------
----------------------Whoever--------------------------------

is bloody excellent on paper.

OSBK

Established Member
Reus would be great, it would be a dream signing but would mean walcott/ox/perez are gone.

I think a more likely transfer is PEA

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
I rate Reus really high. Should be a Balloon Door candidate but for his constant injuries. His frequent injuries is a real concern and his development stalled because of it.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Can't get excited about this. To be honest, post a Sanchez departure, hard to see who'll come in and put up similar numbers.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
Can't get excited about this. To be honest, post a Sanchez departure, hard to see who'll come in and put up similar numbers.
Theoretically Reus could put up good numbers IF he stays fit. But yes, its going to be very difficult to find a player who could match Alexis' output. We could get away without a player like that for a season or two if we strengthen directly the first team with 3/4 signings and wait for a player of that calibre. Something we are highly unlikely to do though.

Does look and feel like we're stuck in a cycle of same old over and over.

I still have Fabregas and Persie poster on my wall. I still imaging me sandwitched between them at the mall having fun day shopping, going to my personal tailor having the same tailor made suits for us and then go to my hairdresser where we solve the world problems together.

Not sure how I would handle losing Sanchez too...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom