• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mathieu Debuchy: Still Here Guys

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Such a good signing on paper. Career derailed by another Stoke hitman. He's done here but we can't get rid without back up for Bellerin. Both FB positions need sorting next year.

novarek

Not even on paper, the only real argument Debuchy got was one unrelated to ability: "Hey, the clueless France manager starts him ahead of Sagna!" Anyone could see he was a serious downgrade on Sagna on every aspect and he proved so with the few nothing performances he had until his injury. Fortunately for us Bellerin adapted quite quickly.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
:lol: People despise him and I don't know why, other than he's stroppy ****. Maybe it's his first name. Loan Chambers, sell Jenkinson and keep Debuchy is what I'd do. He's solid.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
:lol: People despise him and I don't know why, other than he's stroppy ****. Maybe it's his first name. Loan Chambers, sell Jenkinson and keep Debuchy is what I'd do. He's solid.
For me it was his attitude. He thought once he was fit, he should just walk back in to the team because he was older than Bellerin. We've got so many injury prone chicken hearts who won't fight and he's another one. We lose so much with him in the team. He's no longer good defensively,is easily out paced and offers little in attack. I was terrified when he stood in for Bellerin. Yes to loaning Chambers and yes, Jenks may not be good enough.

novarek

Yeah, you just knew he wasn't going to make it once he started moaning about gametime, off to Bourdeaux and that didn't even work well.

Unfortunately for us nobody wants him or his wages are too high.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

So after another Debuchy interview this week moaning about his time here, Wenger has responded:

Yes, of course [we are listening to offers for Mathieu in January]
When he had the opportunities to play when Bellerin was injured, he got injured. So I cannot do anything about that and I gave him last year the opportunity to go to Bordeaux on loan, but we had nobody coming in for him over the summer period and there are some things that are not true in this article.
We never blocked him going to Fiorentina, nor Espanyol. They had no interest in him at all because we checked that, so you have to take this article with a little distance.
on claims Debuchy was blocked from going to Manchester United…
They have never made an offer for him. It’s completely untrue. It’s sometimes surprising to hear things like that.
Read more at http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-ar...uchy-the-ox-and-transfers#lwDMpjghs13yeqDB.99

Hopefully we can get rid of the guy permanently in January. :drool:

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

He's injured no? What a time to talk **** about your playing time.

reed

on claims Debuchy was blocked from going to Manchester United…
They have never made an offer for him. It’s completely untrue. It’s sometimes surprising to hear things like that.
Arsène Wenger surprised Manchester United tried to sign Mathieu Debuchy
“I hope that’s not surprising to you,” Wenger said of his decision to prevent Debuchy from joining United. “It’s true. I stand up for that. There was nothing shocking in that.
“If Man United wants to buy a player‚ you loan players out to clubs who do not have the resources but not to direct opponents. I was surprised, yes [that United tried]. I can understand it but I found it logical [to block the loan].”
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/feb/19/Arsène-wenger-manchester-united-mathieu-debuchy
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/feb/19/Arsène-wenger-manchester-united-mathieu-debuchy

carlito'sway

Established Member
So after another Debuchy interview this week moaning about his time here, Wenger has responded:

Hopefully we can get rid of the guy permanently in January. :drool:

He is dumber than I thought. I guess his agents are behind this and pushing him to stir the pot. Wenger did not really enjoy it though.
The worst part for Debuchy is that he may have to suck it up and stay at Arsenal until this summer.

Last edited:

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
Debuchy situation was a pity, I liked him but injuries have ruined his chances here. He sounds very bitter though, it's nobodies fault really that his career here has been a **** up. He needs to accept that and move on.

infinium

Why would Wenger block any interest from ManU??? Wenger didn't even block RVP from moving so I can hardly seeing him getting strict with a bit part crock.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
He claims he didn't understand why we didn't loan him to Utd :lol:

At least he wants to play, at 31/32 he could easily accept being backup to Bellerin and live comfortably here.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Feel a bit sorry for Debuchy. He's a quality player but he got injured at such a horrible time. Then he was displaced by one of Europe's best young full backs, so there was effectively no way back.

I'd love for him to stick around as Bellerin's backup but it's clear he's not happy with a squad role. Tbf to him, he's good enough to start elsewhere.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Came across as a real fighter & great attitude when we played against him. Compare his reactions to say Welbeck.... What a let down.

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
Arsène Wenger surprised Manchester United tried to sign Mathieu Debuchy
“I hope that’s not surprising to you,” Wenger said of his decision to prevent Debuchy from joining United. “It’s true. I stand up for that. There was nothing shocking in that.
“If Man United wants to buy a player‚ you loan players out to clubs who do not have the resources but not to direct opponents. I was surprised, yes [that United tried]. I can understand it but I found it logical [to block the loan].”

Funny and sad seeing examples of Wenger losing his marbles.

Nyctophobia

Established Member
I guess the odds of him getting fit before the transfer window closes are slim, probably no one who wants to sign him right now anyway.

Top Bottom