• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Matteo Guendouzi: 2019/20 Performances

How much do you love Guendouzi?

• Very much

Votes: 37 39.4%
  • Très beaucoup

Votes: 44 46.8%
  • More than my mother

Votes: 13 13.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Thanks for keeping it civil and debating my central premise..

This game he was partnered with Xhaka and Torreira...so probably had the main creative role. Maybe thats the role he will play going forward? Then he needs to deliver big club numbers. So either he makes that position his own, or gives way to a Ceballos / Özil.

If that happens, do you think he can play in the midfield alongside?. His defensive game isnt as good as it needs to be for the CM/secondary playmaker role, specially when we really dont have a solid DM. When we try to fit him and a playmaker both in the midfield, we end up losing midfield control. Specially if we are planning on playing 3 upfront.
I haven’t focused on him as much as I’d like, in addition to that I’m better at observing the attacking side of the game rather than things like defensive positioning.

What I have noticed is that his defensive instincts seem a lot better, he’s reading and intercepting play quite well and looks decent in the tackle. Way too early in the season to be sure but you’re right in that having Xhaka means our secondary playmaker has to be very solid defensively.

So he has two choices: become good enough to be the primary playmaker in midfield or improve defensively so that he can supplement or take over Xhaka’s role in the side. The good thing is he has plenty of time to achieve either.

Swallow

Anyone who watches him objectively should notice a big improvement in his play without the ball. Last season he used to run in the direction of his team mates who had the ball. He basically chased the ball around. Now, he seems to have worked on that. He now positions himself in space to receive the ball. He is also falling less unto the turf (he no longer sees as a cozy mattress). He is beginning to take shots. He hardly scores because he does not shoot. He should be bold enough to try more than one shot per game, if the opportunity arises.

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
The movie is Fallen?

yea ))))))
spoiler:

the demon jumps into a cat hahaha. Denzel's character sacrificed himself to make sure there was no man in the nearabouts, but he didn't get the memo about demon being able to live in any soul )))

trolls in here are like that, one of few things that will survive armageddon, along with cockroaches

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Let’s give some thoughts to Yacine Adli who decided to sign a new contract with PSG instead of signing with us and now plays for Bordeaux on the bench while Guendouzi plays as a starter for The Arsenal and is called up to the French NT.
It also shows how fickle the sport is. But for a twist of fate we'd have ended up with Adli, who'll probably not amount to half of what Guendouzi will.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

It also shows how fickle the sport is. But for a twist of fate we'd have ended up with Adli, who'll probably not amount to half of what Guendouzi will.
It was never Adli or Guendouzi. They don’t even play the same position. Only thing it shows is the profile of players we are looking at, and it showed again this summer with Saliba, and Martinelli. Get them before they are stars. With Guendouzi that’s already one hit. Good times ahead.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
It was never Adli or Guendouzi. They don’t even play the same position. Only thing it shows is the profile of players we are looking at, and it showed again this summer with Saliba, and Martinelli. Get them before they are stars. With Guendouzi that’s already one hit. Good times ahead.
You think Emery would've given first team minutes to two teenagers? It was definitely either or, we went for Guendouzi after Adli opted to stay. Also we always looked at a younger profile of players, either through scouting or development. I mean Bellerin, Holding, Chambers, AMN are all remnants of the Wenger era. Ramsey, Iwobi just left this year, Ox the last year. You can't even say that we've started spending high on youth now, because we bought Walcott for 16m at the depths of our post Highbury poverty era. Its just a continuation of our philosophy.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Time to get this lad and get the job done, haul Douzy out of the changing room like at 1:00

Beast Incarnate

Aldi or whatever his name is from PSG must be looking at Guendouzi having a breakout year and kicking himself for not joining and choosing to stay at PSG, where he was never going to get a chance.

Did he even play for PSG last season?

Mraven

Aldi or whatever his name is from PSG must be looking at Guendouzi having a breakout year and kicking himself for not joining and choosing to stay at PSG, where he was never going to get a chance.

Did he even play for PSG last season?

Tbf I don’t think he ever had the chance to play for Arsenal. His agent only used us to get a new contract

Pepes blue pill

Love this guy and think he is gonna be a superstar but was awful today, seems he has learnt from the older players that its ok to pass across your own box as well

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
It was a mixed bag of a performance. He was lucky twice with errors in the box. It's a big step with an international call up but he was full of physical endeavour without too much thought. I still like him.

Deki

Signalling the 2-1 to the crowd when getting subbed off was pathetic. His performance was abject and he's lucky if he plays any of the next 5 games after that **** show. He has years of proving he is a good player before acting so petulantly. Needs to calm down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom