• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Matteo Guendouzi: 2019/20 Performances

How much do you love Guendouzi?

• Very much

Votes: 37 39.4%
  • Très beaucoup

Votes: 44 46.8%
  • More than my mother

Votes: 13 13.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
He shouldn't be a guaranteed starter, we should be starting our most experienced midfielder.

Freddie was excellent in our 2006 Champions League run as a AM/CM, think he still has enough in the legs though?

Being serious though mate, no way the fans will ever take to Xhaka again imo...think him playing would be bad for him and us.

mpower2540

I don't get it, he's had one bad game ffs, this place is a joke. Look at the comments on the previous pages compared to this one lol. Would've thought Guendouzi had done enough to prove his talent by performing in multiple big games already but apparently not enough for AM weirdo's

Sorry mate but that’s just not true, he was poor against Wolves (admittedly played out of position) and Palace, absolutely awful against Watford and poor today in a role that suited him. In fairness he did well in the 2nd half against Sp**s and in the Aston Villa fight back but he has nothing that makes me think he’s going to be a long term success here. Think his performances get elevated sometimes simply because he’s not Xhaka

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
This lad is a real talent. But he's mot there yet. Ndidi, Maddison and Tielemans were a level ahead both him and Torreira today.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Emerys lovechild. The kid has some talent, but is being asked to do too much at just 20.

Playing as a CM at the top level is the hardest thing to do in football as quality CMs are supposed to control games. Basically the brain of the team.

They literally gotta put in a 7/10 performance every game just to maintain a reasonable standard.

A young player being tasked with that responsibility has to be a generational talent, which Guendouzi clearly is not.

He is no Cesc Fabregas and I don't even think he is as talented as 19 year old Wilshere was.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Emerys lovechild. The kid has some talent, but is being asked to do too much at just 20.

Playing as a CM at the top level is the hardest thing to do in football as quality CMs are supposed to control games. Basically the brain of the team.

They literally gotta put in a 7/10 performance every game just to maintain a reasonable standard.

A young player being tasked with that responsibility has to be a generational talent, which Guendouzi clearly is not.

He is no Cesc Fabregas and I don't even think he is as talented as 19 year old Wilshere was.[/QUOTE

He's not even as good as Ramsey at 19 in CM . If you want him to develop you need a different coach .

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Freddie was excellent in our 2006 Champions League run as a AM/CM, think he still has enough in the legs though?

Being serious though mate, no way the fans will ever take to Xhaka again imo...think him playing would be bad for him and us.

Don't give a **** what the fans think , can't go through a season with Ceballos , Guendouzi and Torrieira . It's just going to implode .

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Particularly if for a third of a season you freeze out your number 10 and use torreira there

Its amazing. None of them can run and the coach hasnt drilled them as a unit. Been outplayef by just abour every midfield we have come up against.

Riou

Don't give a **** what the fans think , can't go through a season with Ceballos , Guendouzi and Torrieira . It's just going to implode .

At the start of the season, when I saw we had Auba-Laca-Pepe, I saw three players who looked like getting double figures in the league...thought we were get in the top four just based of their expected numbers, looking back I think I think I didn’t take into account how flawed the squad is...our most midfield has no real partnerships that work.

Highbury

Our midfield trio has no ability to retain possession. Ceballos has the technique but he tries to be Iniesta instead of keeping things simple.

we are like a super inferior version of Liverpool’s midfield but they press like dogs and have a manager who is a several leagues above our bum.

Cazorla has been sorely missed. We haven’t replaced him yet.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

At the start of the season, when I saw we had Auba-Laca-Pepe, I saw three players who looked like getting double figures in the league...thought we were get in the top four just based of their expected numbers, looking back I think I think I didn’t take into account how flawed the squad is...our most midfield has no real partnerships that work.

I dont blame you , no one saw it that he would play Xhaka and Guedouzi together and Tor ar 10.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I dont blame you , no one saw it that he would play Xhaka and Guedouzi together and Tor ar 10.
The midfield is such an unbalanced conundrum whichever way you look st it though. I sort of see the problem emery faces but i think we all agree his 'solutions' are unforgivable

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Some talent is there and that's all I wanted to see for his first year or two at his age.
Going forward, I can't see how he fits in the team, my fear is he will have the exact same problem as Xhaka.
Both can't defend but at the same time, they don't have the quality (either physical or technical) to play any kind of playmaking or attacking role.
You can't pair him with classic DMC because he is not Pirlo/Cazorla type of player who has world class ability on the ball, and you can't play Ceballos or more technical player next to him because that would be a free ride for the opposition midfield.
He either needs to learn to protect the ball better or to defend. Even with his talent we can't go forward with his current skill set.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Our midfield trio has no ability to retain possession. Ceballos has the technique but he tries to be Iniesta instead of keeping things simple.

we are like a super inferior version of Liverpool’s midfield but they press like dogs and have a manager who is a several leagues above our bum.

Cazorla has been sorely missed. We haven’t replaced him yet.
Watching Cazorla playing effortlessly against Barca, Real and Atletico makes me a bit angry. A huge mistake was made releasing him and I can understand the reasons behind that, but I can't understand the reason for not replacing him like for like. Ceballos was a nice try but he is not on the same technical level.

Don't think Douzi will come even close to his level even at his peak, Xhaka is not even fit to clean his boots and Ceballos just covers some of the stuff Santi was great at.
The drop in quality when we lost Santi was the single reason why we became a mid table team

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

He shown glimpses of quality this season but I’m not actually sure what he does?

He’s no Cesc to be starting week in, week out for our club. The best thing for his development is to get loaned out and learn how to become a well rounded midfielder. He’s another one that’s been severely overrated by our fans.

Riou

The midfield is just so uninspiring these days to me...at Highbury we had some of the best central midfielders in the world, Vieira/Petit/Gilberto/Fabregas etc...and even when we moved to the Emirates, Arsène always had at least one go to guy in the middle for us...now, we get dominated by every midfield we play!

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

The midfield is just so uninspiring these days to me...at Highbury we had some of the best central midfielders in the world, Vieira/Petit/Gilberto/Fabregas etc...and even when we moved to the Emirates, Arsène always had at least one go to guy in the middle for us...now, we get dominated by every midfield we play!

Even when Fab left , midfield of Arteta, Song and Rosicky were amazing 2nd part of that season , we pulled back 10 points to finish above Sp**s .

This is the most laclustre midfield unit I have seen . If we don't make some drastic changes and we actually do have other guys that can play mid we could finish 10th .

Riou

Even when Fab left , midfield of Arteta, Song and Rosicky were amazing 2nd part of that season , we pulled back 10 points to finish above Sp**s .

This is the most laclustre midfield unit I have seen . If we don't make some drastic changes and we actually do have other guys that can play mid we could finish 10th .

The 11-12 season was a weirdly enjoyable season for me...horrible first half of the season in almost every way possible, then the team really stood up in the second half, as that was a very good Sp**s team we finished ahead of...great mix in that midfield of Arteta/Song/Rosicky, would be terrified to play against that with what we have in the middle currently.

The calendar year of 2015, when we picked up more points than any other team in England...don’t even want to think what Coquelin/Cazorla/Özil would do to us now :lol:

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
He's 20 and will make mistakes. Maybe we take the L this season on up and down performances to get him ready for next season. Willock and Ceballos need to play more though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom