• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Thats not 3 at back but 5. I'll kill myself if ever ever do such thing

It's horrible, Chelsea don't even play that good of football most of the time and the only players allowed any freedom in terms of movement and rotation is their front three the rest have to stick to their positions religiously. It'd also give Ramsey less freedom and Iwobi wouldn't have a place in the team which would be the biggest travesty because those two were so vital in terms of the positions they were taking up when it came to tearing Swansea apart once we got a grip of the game.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

It's horrible, Chelsea don't even play that good of football most of the time and the only players allowed any freedom in terms of movement and rotation is their front three the rest have to stick to their positions religiously. It'd also give Ramsey less freedom and Iwobi wouldn't have a place in the team which would be the biggest travesty because those two were so vital in terms of the positions they were taking up when it came to tearing Swansea apart once we got a grip of the game.
Wenger would never switch formations so this conversation is pointless but I honestly wouldn't mind us switching to a more 'boring' formation and letting our attackers do the work.

I'm quite tired of every team being one fluky bounce away from scoring against us.

We don't play good football either most of the times with our 4-2-3-1.

You are also mistaken comparing Chelsea 3-4-3 with our theoretically 3-4-3. Conte is defensive minded manager. Wenger is attacking minded manager.

And to rip it up. I was just merely suggesting the line up because it would most probably mask the flaws of Ramsey who would in such system have 3 cb and Xhaka behind him. Özil would also enjoy him self more because we would have more players in midfield behind him. Gibbs would not have to focus on defensive position as much. Monreal could be more back focused which would fit him more now that he is older. Wenger would def fit Iwobi in.

Gibbs would make for a shocking wing back.

Yeah not ideal but I think he would be better there than a left back. As a side note I think he has done pretty well this season. Bellerin on the other hand would probably flourish there. He has the speed and stamina to go up and down the field for the whole game.

Just as thought experiment I think my 3-4-3 lineup would make up a pretty exciting counter attacking team. But at the same time our possession football would probably suffer.

What we see with Chelsea 3-4- they are brilliant at winning the ball back and move it quick up the field. We could probably easily replicate that with Xhaka, and then trio of Sanchez, Özil and some speedster.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Yeah fairly recent. Before that he played out wide, where he was awful :lol:.
Even when @Jury wanted him for 15M plus Özil?:lol:

Jokes aside I know he was poor this season until their first game against Chelsea but he's definitely had decent spells for them before that from the wing.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Even when @Jury wanted him for 15M plus Özil?:lol:

Jokes aside I know he was poor this season until their first game against Chelsea but he's definitely had decent spells for them before that from the wing.
:lol: It was a hypothetical Özil exchange for £30m plus Erikson. So we were looking at around £60m worth of cash and player for one that woud fetch what now, in Özil? Price frozen at £43m? We should probably revisit that. I reckon there'd be more than few takers. You yourself would have to consider it... I mean, how much better than Erikson is Coutinho? £5-10m? :p

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

:lol: It was a hypothetical Özil exchange for £30m plus Erikson. So we were looking at around £60m worth of cash and player for one that woud fetch what now, in Özil? Price frozen at £43m? We should probably revisit that. I reckon there'd be more than few takers. You yourself would have to consider it... I mean, how much better than Erikson is Coutinho? £5-10m? :p
Saying I rate Coutinho might be one of the worst decisions I've made on this forum. Let it go!:lol:

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
We don't play good football either most of the times with our 4-2-3-1.

You are also mistaken comparing Chelsea 3-4-3 with our theoretically 3-4-3. Conte is defensive minded manager. Wenger is attacking minded manager.

And to rip it up. I was just merely suggesting the line up because it would most probably mask the flaws of Ramsey who would in such system have 3 cb and Xhaka behind him. Özil would also enjoy him self more because we would have more players in midfield behind him. Gibbs would not have to focus on defensive position as much. Monreal could be more back focused which would fit him more now that he is older. Wenger would def fit Iwobi in.

Terrible.
It would just make it harder for Özil as he would be just one of 3 mids there, way to easy to close that down. Man marking Mesut would be piece of cake. We would struggle hard just to create a chance as there wouldnt be enough flair and technique in the team.
Replace those full/wing backs with midfielders ala Elneny and it would work much better.

I love playing with 3 at the back (wont happen here), but am surprised how modern football never really worked on terrific 3-4-3 Ajax had. Whoever tries anything similar they fail right away for one main reason; playing fullbacks as wingbacks, which makes it like playing 5 at the back, instead of having DM/CM with good engine and skillset there (davids/seedorf/de boer)

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Terrible.
It would just make it harder for Özil as he would be just one of 3 mids there, way to easy to close that down. Man marking Mesut would be piece of cake. We would struggle hard just to create a chance as there wouldnt be enough flair and technique in the team.
Replace those full/wing backs with midfielders ala Elneny and it would work much better.

I love playing with 3 at the back (wont happen here), but am surprised how modern football never really worked on terrific 3-4-3 Ajax had. Whoever tries anything similar they fail right away for one main reason; playing fullbacks as wingbacks, which makes it like playing 5 at the back, instead of having DM/CM with good engine and skillset there (davids/seedorf/de boer)

Didn't Guardiola try it at Barca?

They beat Villarreal 5-0 in 2011 with this formation.

barcavvillarreal2.jpg

N

NotAUserName

@yybecause Sp**s seem to be doing well with it right now. They are even more dominant and offensive than Chelsea who are playing a winger (Moses) as a wingback.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Terrible.

This is a great video of Cruyff explaining the 3-4-3 diamond. I think the difference is that it requires much more from all the players on the pitch, you need top-class players. The current 3-4-3 has simpler and more defined roles, like the wingbacks whose tasks are pretty basic.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

@yybecause Sp**s seem to be doing well with it right now. They are even more dominant and offensive than Chelsea who are playing a winger (Moses) as a wingback.
Sp**s arguably have the best fullbacks in the league.

Think these three at the back formations require athletic fullbacks who are good at attacking.

N

NotAUserName

Sp**s arguably have the best fullbacks in the league.

Think these three at the back formations require athletic fullbacks who are good at attacking.
Agree with you about Sp**s' fullbacks but I don't think we would be too defensive with Gibbs and Bellerin in similar positions.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Agree with you about Sp**s' fullbacks but I don't think we would be too defensive with Gibbs and Bellerin in similar positions.
We could make it work I guess. I have no problem with Bellerin as a wing back.

Gibbs is the interesting one. Playing wingback would mean we would conceal one of his weaknesses: his positioning. So that's a positive, what I worry about is his attacking play. He's fast but that's it really.

N

NotAUserName

We could make it work I guess. I have no problem with Bellerin as a wing back.

Gibbs is the interesting one. Playing wingback would mean we would conceal one of his weaknesses: his positioning. So that's a positive, what I worry about is his attacking play. He's fast but that's it really.
I think Gibbs has been very good this season whenever he's played, attacking-wise that is. It might not be a large sample size but his performances against Sunderland and Basel in particular.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

I've always rated him tbh. He's superb. Always was.
He had a lot of moments in the past seasons. Recently he's been a consistent influence in the games he plays. I guess that's just him developing as a player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom