• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Looked like a man on a mission today. Aggressive off the ball runs, multiple shots and stunning passes. Long may it continue.

Godwin1

Very well-known
Some players need a rest more than others. Özil is genetically frail and clearly benefits from a prolonged break. We always see the best of him when he comes back.

Very good today!

He really is a magician. He adapts his game when playing with Sanchez and score more goals. And with Giroud he assists more.

He really is a Chameleon!

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

:lol: You haven't got two brain cells on a string.

You're utterly clueless when it comes to football. Go suck Joel Campbell's balls off at Sporting.
I know you're an angry guy and all, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't argue in a normal manner instead of just throwing insults around.

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
great game, he posses the best vision in the world probably, his conections with ramsey are scary good, when they get together you cant just win the ball back.

probably the most intelligent player in the league, inconsistent and frustrating but with a simple movement he can change everything.

Optimistic

Maybe I was just imagining it, because the player highlights video didn't really demonstrate it, but I felt like Özil was doing a lot of what he has been doing when Sanchez is up top, even though Giroud was playing. Taking on more shots himself, getting in behind, sometimes being the furthest player forward.

This makes me think that the "second striker" role he's been playing as is less a consequence of Sanchez playing false 9 and more tactical instructions from the manager. He does have a lot of qualities to suit this role, namely a burst of pace and great offensive positioning. But not really the natural goal scorer you would want.

But anyway, good game from Mesut and another assist to add to the tally.

say yes

forum master baiter
Maybe I was just imagining it, because the player highlights video didn't really demonstrate it, but I felt like Özil was doing a lot of what he has been doing when Sanchez is up top, even though Giroud was playing. Taking on more shots himself, getting in behind, sometimes being the furthest player forward.

This makes me think that the "second striker" role he's been playing as is less a consequence of Sanchez playing false 9 and more tactical instructions from the manager. He does have a lot of qualities to suit this role, namely a burst of pace and great offensive positioning. But not really the natural goal scorer you would want.

But anyway, good game from Mesut and another assist to add to the tally.

No you're absolutely right.

Highlight videos and even full matches never capture the best feature of Özil's game - his movement off the ball.

When you watch him live its particularly noticeable and it's why I always laugh when people call him lazy. He's constantly running the channels and finding pockets of space in the opposition's half.

Guy's intelligent movement is the heartbeat of pretty much everything good we do going forward and it's been like that for over a year now.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
I know you're an angry guy and all, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't argue in a normal manner instead of just throwing insults around.

I do what I want on these boards and there's nothing you can do about it. Well, maybe you could report, ignore, or ban me, but other than that, nothing.

What's the point of being @Furious without being @Furious? Your demands are sickening.

Embrace @Furious or die trying.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

It's because he doesn't have Alexis in front of him.
It really is. The whole false 9 and no10 thing just doesn't work out.

It contributed to Rooney being dropped at United and Ibra is still more of a striker than Sanchez is. If it wasn't for Özil's adaptability and excellent off the ball runs he would have been completely ineffective this season.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

He's definitely been better since he had the flu. Flushed all the **** out of his system it seems. You could almost say he's playing for a new contract. :eek:

16195063_1635160893229143_8027288459487041043_n.jpg

When you are so good at football that you can break dance also!

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Hope he goes with Wenger and Joel Campbell comes back when Simeone takes over.

Giroud
Alexis
Iwobi Wilshere Coquelin Campbell
:drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Religiously, it is said that God created man. I am only a guide. I allow others to express what they have in them. I have not created anything. I am a facilitator of what is beautiful in man.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom