• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

How would you guys feel about selling Özil for a decent fee, while picking Isco up for free as a replacement? The Özil money could then be put into another position, like an attacker or midfielder...

Just a question.

I'm a fan of Isco so i wouldn't be terribly against this. I assume this is a new manager scenario. Isco and another forward would be a good swap for Özil in all honesty.

GDeep™

League is very weak
How would you guys feel about selling Özil for a decent fee, while picking Isco up for free as a replacement? The Özil money could then be put into another position, like an attacker or midfielder...

Just a question.

Isco says he's never been happier at Madrid.

skip spence

Just a question.
Isco is a good player but different to Özil. More robust but not as skilful, but few are.

But sure, why not? Tbqh I've had just about enough of Özil. We'd be better off with a strong three-man midfield than with Özil as a 10 imo. Isco could be a part of that midfield. Talking Real Madrid players, I'd swap Özil for James in a heartbeat too. James is a luxury-player too but has more end product and can actually take on a man too.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Isco is a good player but different to Özil. More robust but not as skilful, but few are.

But sure, why not? Tbqh I've had just about enough of Özil. We'd be better off with a strong three-man midfield than with Özil as a 10 imo. Isco could be a part of that midfield. Talking Real Madrid players, I'd swap Özil for James in a heartbeat too. James is a luxury-player too but has more end product and can actually take on a man too.
Better off with a strong three man midfield but you want James?

skip spence

Better off with a strong three man midfield but you want James?
Come on, I said he's a luxury player, just like Özil he is a non entity defensively. But I rate him above Özil offensively.

But in fairness our main problem is central midfield, not Özil. The midfield duo we have put out have not proven to be good enough against top opposition. It does seem harsh to blame Özil when we play a duo of guys like Coquelin, Elnenny and the Ox. With two elite midfielders behind him Özil would do well. But I think James would do better still.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Come on, I said he's a luxury player, just like Özil he is a non entity defensively. But I rate him above Özil offensively.

But in fairness our main problem is central midfield, not Özil. The midfield duo we have put out have not proven to be good enough against top opposition. It does seem harsh to blame Özil when we play a duo of guys like Coquelin, Elnenny and the Ox. With two elite midfielders behind him Özil would do well. But I think James would do better still.
I've always said that Özil's drop off in performances as soon as Cazorla got injured was not a coincidence. Our central midfield is a mess.

That's besides the issue though, I questioned your post because you said we would be better off with a three man midfield but then said you would take James.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Isco says he's never been happier at Madrid.
He has been getting the gametime he's been asking for so he'll be more willing to stay now, definitely. Until he signs an extension though, who knows... I just threw the proposition out there to see where people stand on that kind of a move.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Isco says something different about his future every other week. Just as many quotes out there saying his prepared to leave as happy to stay.

Would love him here, be it with or without Özil. Massive upgrade on Iwobi on the wing.

blaise

I am actually in favor of selling Özil,we cant be a hostage of one player in terms of our formation. If you give him new contract, means you will build a team around him, well we know how that works, it doesnt really work, at least not for a level we like to think we aspire.

Isco doesnt strike me as someone who d rush to leave Spain, also problem with him is he ll demand really high wages or signing bonus. You can check with Mikhi how we roll on that, so that puts us out of race.

It is a bit concerning our total desperation about re-signing Sanchez, it is hard to remember when we were so desperate for one player( Van Persie but that was much weaker team and we were much poorer back than), maybe selling him also wouldnt be a catastrophe because I still think we need an overhaul, we are seriously thin in centre midfield, we look very good on first glance but there is no chance this team ever wins anything serious.

As long as we use funds from sales to reinforce I am ok with sales. Looks like we have a problem with giving wages over 200k so it will be very hard for us to bring the big attacking players, we should give serious money for players in Mbappe, Martial mould, othervise wages will always hold us back. Hopefully someone in club thinks longterm.

Kingslayer

Forza Milan
Out of the two contract 'rebels', think Özil is more likely to extend. Didn't he buy a new £10m pad in London back in November? He's probably just holding out for a hero to see if he can extract a little bit more dough out of us.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Of course he'll stay. Not in doubt. Anything coming from his corner is bravado. He'd stay even if we appointed Pulis.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
I think he's less likely (out of him and Sanchez) to go as well. Who's going to sign him and pay 200-250k a week? Maybe PSG, but they don't play a #10. I don't think Bayern need him enough to pay that much, and I don't think Juve would pay that regardless.

ARSNLNO1

Özil doesn't want to leave, he's protected by Wenger hence why his future is linked to the mangers. I'm not convinced there would be that much interest in him anyway. Really hope his form can improve and that might change. But he is most definitely not worth the reported £250,000 a week he is looking for.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Actually disgusted with this guy this season.

Not only has he been ****, I'd say he's inferior to Eriksen and Coutinho now, both are balling whilst he's getting bossed by any half decent opponent.

Last season was obviously a one off, 1 top season in four.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Eriksen plus £30m for Mesut... any takers? :lol:
vince-mcmahon-walk.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom