• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Nothing wrong with ex players criticising stuff the club does if it's constructive. A lot of the time they seem to nit pick really pointless **** and pursue their agendas. Criticise someone like Özil repeatedly but completely ignore someone like Cech's repeated **** ups. Be consistent across the board.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
DU_EsNIWAAE7h7W.jpg

dLUjKxa.jpg

27710646_10215016500181796_965645596_o.jpg

I don't understand this man.

logic DC

baffling how unappreciated Özil is, maybe it would have been better had he left, for him personally. I guess that's the price you pay for being proper quality amongst absolute poverty. I don't get it did people think we were signing superman when we got him, it's like everything is his fault.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
The 'world class' form Özil with its consistency is what I've and many others have been waiting for, for 4 years.

In terms of raw ability he has what only a few in the world are capable of. In my opinion with the talent he possesses he hasn't lived up to his worldy potential.

Guy should be in the running for the ballon'dor, or at least POTY.

He seems to have finally realised this in the last 3months, maybe because the likes of Bayern, Barca even PSG (elite teams) weren't after him or willing to give him £350k he thought he was worth. Might have given him the kick up the backside he needed.

Also imagine a 29 year old DB10, TH14 or PV4 with 6months left on their contract believe me there won't have been an elite team in the world desperate for their signature.

Bottom line is Özil WC talent, has played good to very good...but not at a WC level consistently enough, esp whislt at arsenal.

With the form he's show recently I'm glad he's re-signed I hope he continues the great form and goes up a level higher, because he has it in him.

TheArsenalis

All those ex players should just stfu. Most of them are either idiots or don't know what to do with their life.
Be it Wright or Henry, they are just average joes who played football a long time ago.
As Wenger put it they get paid for their opinions, and to say something provocative. Nobody would take note of the things said that's not worthy of this description. Plus they're not just ex-players there are fans of some sort. Just as on this forum alone many differing views of club player

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
He's entitled to his opinion, of course, like everyone else. But he's wrong. But hey, everyone is wrong sometimes. Even me (although I may be mistaken about that that last bit).
What particular part do you think he's wrong about--or just plain wrong? Remember, this is not a case of someone having the opinion that 2+2=5

fc honka

So several medias saying that he got offers from United, PSG and Barcelona are wrong and Wrighty and ChillPill are right? Played a few decent games? Thats absurd. I guess listening to facts has no meaning anymore...
If the pundits repeat their mantra long enough, almost everyone will believe it. Also on Arsenal Mania.

I have to agree that this season has been the best Özil we have seen at Arsenal but there is NO dramatic difference, he is just playing more consistently within a game. He has gone from a "6-7 " player with "9" games in between player to an "7-8 player" with "9" games in between.

blaze_of_glory

What particular part do you think he's wrong about--or just plain wrong? Remember, this is not a case of someone having the opinion that 2+2=5

Is it even about being wrong? I mean I think he's wrong in that I think Özil's already delivered and more for us and doesn't need to prove anything at this point, but it's true that it's a matter of opinion to some degree.

But it what way does it benefit Arsenal for Wrighty or any of these players to relentlessly criticise and question our superstar player, especially as I think even they would admit he has been playing well for a long stretch now? I mean the guy just recommitted here when he could have gone anywhere. He's helped us win trophies, he likes it here and it shows, he's well-liked and admired by teammates, and no one in their right mind would think we're better off without him at the moment. So why are they always so negative? It's weird tbh.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist

He's factually wrong about Özil not having other options. And I'm confident that his opinion that Özil would be better at Manchester United is wrong. I think he's also radically understating the case when he says Özil has had "a couple of good games." Of course you probably think he's right on all counts. But you're wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

"Maybe we'll have a good surprise for you"

Arsène hints at transfer activity a day before the arrival of Mesut Özil
Top Bottom