• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Managerial Royalty

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
Fw4S6atWwAADsQV
I hear another Arteta extension is in the works 🙏

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I think next season for me rather than a points or place target, which can move as all the teams around us change and strengthen as well, what we need to see progress in his learning.

I would want to see him rotate the team a bit better, and try and work with all the player, not freezing anyone out because they aren’t what he wants at that very minute. He needs to not stick rigidly to a system once it stops working, have a plan B for the potential loss of any of the first team players and to not collapse at the end of the season.

If he doesn’t look like he is learning, then I’d be looking at other managers the season after.
Yeah I see why he’s taken the approach he has up to this point. We needed continuity and structure but the next phase is to (without losing that), recognising quickly enough when things aren’t working and adapting and evolving in-game.

Subbing players in but always keeping the same shape, never switching wingers, always leaving just one player in the centre midfield etc. that’s where I still have my question mark over him. We also can’t afford to have players with the talent of ESR unused for weeks and not be in a position to perform when, for example Martinelli gets crocked.

When teams start to make specific plans to exploit us like Bournemouth when they scored from kick off and Southampton when they let Holding & Gabriel have the ball but block the pass into the pivot, we have to switch up.

He’s young too for a coach so I have a lot of faith that he will improve just like the players.

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
Teams have wised up to us, that much is clear. They will now concede the ball to us and sit deep whilst breaking quickly. They know that we aren’t defensively solid enough without our best two defenders on the pitch.

Job for Arteta in the off season is levelling up our ability to defend transitions well. We need to be able to jockey the opposition towards dead ends rather than towards goal. And we need to be less panicky when these situations occur. City are defensively sound when it comes to these transitions, they don’t panic and get players busting a gut to get back.

gamechannel

Yeah I see why he’s taken the approach he has up to this point. We needed continuity and structure but the next phase is to (without losing that), recognising quickly enough when things aren’t working and adapting and evolving in-game.

Subbing players in but always keeping the same shape, never switching wingers, always leaving just one player in the centre midfield etc. that’s where I still have my question mark over him. We also can’t afford to have players with the talent of ESR unused for weeks and not be in a position to perform when, for example Martinelli gets crocked.

When teams start to make specific plans to exploit us like Bournemouth when they scored from kick off and Southampton when they let Holding & Gabriel have the ball but block the pass into the pivot, we have to switch up.

He’s young too for a coach so I have a lot of faith that he will improve just like the players.
The mental gymnastics his fans play to defend him is astonishing. No big club protects their manager like we have been. Jeez.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
The mental gymnastics his fans play to defend him is astonishing. No big club protects their manager like we have been. Jeez.

The mental gymnastics to criticize him are gold medal worthy.

Somehow many insinuating they would’ve been happier with him if he had narrowly made 4th than to have been so close to winning the league and losing it in the last 5 games.

My favorite part is looking at your post history and seeing that you were completely silent from Sept 22 2022 until May 3rd 2023…. I think that tells us something. For an “arsenal fan” you don’t seem to be around for the good times… suspicious.

gamechannel

The mental gymnastics to criticize him are gold medal worthy.

Somehow many insinuating they would’ve been happier with him if he had narrowly made 4th than to have been so close to winning the league and losing it in the last 5 games.

My favorite part is looking at your post history and seeing that you were completely silent from Sept 22 2022 until May 3rd 2023…. I think that tells us something. For an “arsenal fan” you don’t seem to be around for the good times… suspicious.
Aah yes! The post history to judge one's true Fandom. Unlike Arsenal "fans" like you, I'm an Arsenal fan, not an Arteta fan. Until proven otherwise, this man is not fit to lead the club to glory. I'd love to be proven otherwise but I'm not giving him 20 years and unlimited funds to do that. If he's such a great manager as you lot claim, then the expectation of him should be to win the league next season.

I won't be happy with any manager until he wins. That's my expectation of the manager. I gave Arsène the rope cuz he had done it in the past. I aint giving Arteta the same rope cuz he would be here 5 years after the end of next year without a PL trophy.

Unlike you lot, give me an ugly bugger if he's capable of winning the league. Unlike you lot, I don't need a good looking manager that I can have wet dreams about.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

i-see-you-we-see-you.gif

The guy has a point @gamechannel, how will you respond?

Or will you remain silent and b!tch out like you did from September 2022 till May 👀

Edit: ooo a response, alright man's back in full force now that we slipped lol.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
It's getting a bit silly when there's talk of him needing to win the PL or CL next season or he should get sacked etc.

We've had an excellent 30 odd games and a poor last month or so and finished 2nd. So overall I put it down as a very good season that leaves a bit of a bitter taste in the mouth. I think that's fair.

Fans can talk how they want and have their own standards for success but realistically Arteta has one of the safest jobs in the PL currently, maybe only second to Pep and based on this season you can't really argue it.

There's been a marked improvement in results, performance and the eye test this season but this improvement needs to continue from the side and on an individual level Arteta needs to improve and cut out some of the tactical and personnel errors he's made.

Next season we have the challenge / excitement of the CL to look forward to. Arteta is going to have to be better at rotation and managing the squad in that sort of environment. We need to bring in a few players he rates this summer and he has to trust them next season to juggle attempts at going deep in 2 major competitions.

IrishGooner93

So please tell me why we got rid of Wenger then? He was consistently fighting against the financially mighty City, Chelsea, United.. I find the defeatist mentality that we shouldn't be expecting to win diddly squat as long as mancity are around. Ridiculous. We are Arsenal football club, not Newcastle united. We should be expecting to win stuff after giving a new manager 4 years to shape the squad with significant financial backing. It's time to start winning.
We should be expecting to challenge always I agree. But there is never a guarantee for anyone to win the league especially against a juggernaut like Man city who have much deeper resources than Arsenal and also a better manager. The best manager around. But I do want and expect a better title challenge next year and progression.
As for the champions league as I already said its our first year back into it, with a young team too. It's well known that the European game can take years to grasp. Even man city and PSG have both spent fortunes and great squads and haven't won it. We will ultimately need to win at least something but demanding league or CL or sacking the manager next season is silly.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Aah yes! The post history to judge one's true Fandom. Unlike Arsenal "fans" like you, I'm an Arsenal fan, not an Arteta fan. Until proven otherwise, this man is not fit to lead the club to glory. I'd love to be proven otherwise but I'm not giving him 20 years and unlimited funds to do that. If he's such a great manager as you lot claim, then the expectation of him should be to win the league next season.

I won't be happy with any manager until he wins. That's my expectation of the manager. I gave Arsène the rope cuz he had done it in the past. I aint giving Arteta the same rope cuz he would be here 5 years after the end of next year without a PL trophy.

Unlike you lot, give me an ugly bugger if he's capable of winning the league. Unlike you lot, I don't need a good looking manager that I can have wet dreams about.
This you yeah?
1684968651233.png
1684968520662.png

Attachments

• 1684968595566.png
    1684968595566.png
    18.3 KB · Views: 9

avenellroad

John Radford’s son

You don’t like it? Go and support ****ing City then.

Arsenal Quotes

You weren’t world-class when Arsenal signed you

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, June 4

Feyenoord GK Justin Bijlow could be acquired for little over €10m [The Athletic]

Other clubs believe Arsenal are in position to sign Benjamin Šeško [The Athletic]

Arsenal are not expected to pursue their interest in Bruno Guimaraes due to his £100m asking price [The Athletic]

Martin Zubimendi and Joao Neves are under consideration as potential signings in midfield [The Athletic]

Arsenal want £30m to sell Emile Smith Rowe, with several Premier League clubs interested [TBR Football]

Arsenal & AC Milan have approached & probed the environment of Girona winger Viktor Tsygankov (26), who has a €30m release clause [Diarioas]

Latest posts

Top Bottom