• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Managerial Royalty

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
Arteta needs to win league or cL in next year or two max or he needs to be out. I am convinced he is our Rodgers and not our Klopp. Next season we need some kind of silverware if he doesn’t win one of the 2 big competitions. So far the only thing genius i have noticed about Arteta is his PR ability. Honestly his buying a dog and taking responsibility is so obviously a ploy for sympathy. I mean it is good that he took responsibility but that is obvious he would of looked like a bigger boffhead if he shifted blame. The dog thing is obviously a change the topic PR move and a little gross

SuperMikel

A calm and collected individual.
Arteta needs to win league or cL in next year or two max or he needs to be out. I am convinced he is our Rodgers and not our Klopp. Next season we need some kind of silverware if he doesn’t win one of the 2 big competitions. So far the only thing genius i have noticed about Arteta is his PR ability. Honestly his buying a dog and taking responsibility is so obviously a ploy for sympathy. I mean it is good that he took responsibility but that is obvious he would of looked like a bigger boffhead if he shifted blame. The dog thing is obviously a change the topic PR move and a little gross

No. If we finish 2nd again with around 85 points and go out of the semi finals of the CL, you dont sack a manager for that.

Its not boom or bust, its more complicated than that.

You and this guy called Lee Gunner have this guillotine philosophy were any shortcoming should result in the ultimate punishment.

Especially when you show an complete inability to cite a replacement. Thats because there isnt any other manager out there who could guarantee we win the league.

Arteta is the manager of this football club and we should back him.

Farzad Stoned

No. If we finish 2nd again with around 85 points and go out of the semi finals of the CL, you dont sack a manager for that.

Its not boom or bust, its more complicated than that.

You and this guy called Lee Gunner have this guillotine philosophy were any shortcoming should result in the ultimate punishment.

Especially when you show an complete inability to cite a replacement. Thats because there isnt any other manager out there who could guarantee we win the league.

Arteta is the manager of this football club and we should back him.
Guillotine the man has been at the job forever in football terms. Has had an ocean of money. And has collapsed 3 straight years in a row. I can’t take a 4th bottle job collapse at the end of season. If he runs out Holding in a CL tie or FA cup final i swear to god if you think i am angry now wait.

Ps 85 points is not an accomplishment they don’t give out trophies or hold parades for that. Glad you made it clear that we are glorified Sp.rs and we can never expect to win league not even after a half decade of being cornholed and humiliated by this tossers project. Is the goal pf his project to win league or to saddling us forever as the chokers of Europe.

We need a Churchill this guy is Neville Chamberlain in skinny jeans bringing the kids a new dog to distract them from how amateurishly he bungled our most important month or two of season in 20 years. So how long do we wait 10 trophyless years of bottling and collapses he wins the league fast or Fs off.

Farzad Stoned

Imagine Arsène telling the likes of Vieira, Lehmann, Henry, Bergkamp, Lauren that it's time to play hide and seek 🤣
The guy makes Ted Lasso look like Pep Guardiola; football for grown men isn’t his thing; but he could make a great camp counselor for giggly teenage girls. They could play hide and seek and play with the lab and Mik could do their nails and give them advice on boys

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
We've gone nowhere in five years. The team hasn't won any medals after Özil/Alexis went except that one FA cup which should belong to Emery/Auba.

He's been allowed to turn over the entire team. Allowed to change our entire tactics. And still we get nothing.

Can't really figure out what to expect from AFC next season...

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

We've gone nowhere in five years. The team hasn't won any medals after Özil/Alexis went except that one FA cup which should belong to Emery/Auba.

He's been allowed to turn over the entire team. Allowed to change our entire tactics. And still we get nothing.

Can't really figure out what to expect from AFC next season...

Spending more cash and in return the club get little creative icebreakers, corporate team building events and a blockbuster Amazon documentary.

Sounds like money well spent for the club 🤝

SuperMikel

A calm and collected individual.
Guillotine the man has been at the job forever in football terms. Has had an ocean of money. And has collapsed 3 straight years in a row. I can’t take a 4th bottle job collapse at the end of season. If he runs out Holding in a CL tie or FA cup final i swear to god if you think i am angry now wait.

Ps 85 points is not an accomplishment they don’t give out trophies or hold parades for that. Glad you made it clear that we are glorified Sp.rs and we can never expect to win league not even after a half decade of being cornholed and humiliated by this tossers project. Is the goal pf his project to win league or to saddling us forever as the chokers of Europe.

We need a Churchill this guy is Neville Chamberlain in skinny jeans bringing the kids a new dog to distract them from how amateurishly he bungled our most important month or two of season in 20 years. So how long do we wait 10 trophyless years of bottling and collapses he wins the league fast or Fs off.

Has he had an ocean amount of money to spend? Or has he spent less than what other clubs are spending. 'Arteta has spent 400m in 4 years the naysayers say', oh right, so an average of 100m per season which is modest by modern standards. 400m over 4 years isnt that much. F sake Chelsea have gone past that figure in the past 12 months

Football is about fine margins. The idea that its trophy or bust is outdated. Its backwards and regressive. Like I said, would you actually sack Arteta next season if we lost the CL final, FA Cup final, and come second with 90 points?

And Arteta hasnt been in the job 10 years. He has been here 4 years, 2 years it took him to cycle through the deadwood of the later Wenger and Emery years, we have seen two transitional years were Özil, PEA, Pepe, Lacazette were binned and we moved toward a Saka, Martinelli, Ødegaard spine.

You cant just start the clock on day 1, and say here you go Mikel, win the PL or CL with this lot.

You have to be a ***** to not see the progress, and to see things in black and white 'Arteta has been here 4 years', even though two of which was a clean up job

Farzad Stoned

You cant just start the clock on day 1

You have to be a **** to not see the progress, and to see things in black and white 'Arteta has been here 4 years', even though two of which was a clean up job
Nonsense apologusm if i do have to say so. Arteta also didn’t inherit a bare closet and a club in turmoil we finished 5th year before he took over. Secondly , he got tons of homegrown talent a golden generation of Academy lads for nothing. Plus 400 million pounds only 2 clubs in Europe spent more in transfers in that period. Both those clubs laughably misused those funds because they didn’t have quality acquisition team behind them like Arteta has at Arsenal. No rookie nanager has ever been given more tools to win big trophies no manager at arsenal ever had this kind of financial muscle, top 5 in transfers over years in all of Europe when the hell did that ever happen in Arsenal history.

Now despite these advantages no other Arsenal manager ever had he has collapsed last 3 years. While, while only contesting 1 competition mainly while his rivals had European football. Stop excusing the man and judge him like every other top manager. It is a miracle he has survived this long he is and should be on a short leash here

Farzad Stoned

Spending more cash and in return the club get little creative icebreakers, corporate team building events and a blockbuster Amazon documentary.

Sounds like money well spent for the club 🤝
His Pr apparatus is making me sick. Bro they flew s banner of this tosser like he Messi at Barca mate scary stuff. I didn’t watch his little streaming series because i know it would of made me hate him more. So far he is really good at Pr and man management but actually what is traditional football managing ie making team sheets, maintaining squad depth, rotations, subs, and tactics he is still a neophyte making really bad obvious mistakes

Farzad Stoned

I wouldn't put it beyond him to do so. Not sure he'd need the cameras though.
That is the rub; is Arteta a great manager in the making or great at making people think he is? So far there is little to show for the belief that he is s great manager.

Arsenal Quotes

The coach's role is to make the player understand everything that serves the interest of the game. To do this he must speak to the child within each player, to the adolescent he was and the adult he is now. Too often a coach tends only to speak to the adult, issuing commands for performance, for victory, for reflection, to the detriment of the child who is playing for pleasure, living in the present.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Wednesday, May 22

Manchester United have joined Arsenal in the race to sign Ajax LB Jorrel Hato, but the player prefers a move to North London [HITC]

Benjamin Šeško will decide before the Euros whether he wants to leave Leipzig or sign a new contract [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal have made an official offer of €20m + €5m add-ons to Fenerbache for LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Sabah Spor]

Arsenal are interested in Feyenoord GK Justin Bijlow [Telegraaf]

Justin Bijlow could be available for around £10m [John Cross - The Mirror]

Newcastle are adamant Bruno Guimaraes will not be leaving the club unless his release clause is triggered [The Telegraph]

Arsenal admire Newcastle forward Alexander Isak, but the club insist they will not discuss a deal for less than double the £90m price being mentioned in the media [The Telegraph]

Sambi Lokonga says he has decided to leave Arsenal and his agent is now looking for a solution [Chris Wheatley]

Latest posts

Top Bottom