• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Managerial Royalty

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Arsenal's "bottlers" in 2003...

arsenals-victorious-fa-cup-final-49794.jpg.webp

Arsenal in 2024, most wins in a league season history... that's cool I guess, but you gonna lift something with handles for me lads 🤷‍♂️

Riou

I love how Mikel just openly says "We will all be watching the Sp**s game on Tuesday", like that honesty.

Compare it to that freak Klopp, who said he didn't know when Arsenal and City played ffs...ok, mate :lol:

Would love to see him as a Premier League winning manager, will be praying nonstop for the next 2 days now!

Tnegs

94/95 United create chance after chance in their final home game but only manage a draw losing the title to Blackburn. Their opponents in that game were mid table West Ham who had nothing left to play for. It ain’t over till it’s over. Pep Capone and his criminal organization haven’t won it yet.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
If Sp**s win against City. It will be the biggest meme Sp**s moment of all time. Fans will sing it for years to come that they helped us win.

Are they going to let that happen?

It's one to thing to celebrate a silver lining of "oh, well, no CL but at least Arsenal didn't win the title", but seeing as how small-minded they are, they *will* be looking to lose this even if they have a shot at a CL place.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.

Arsenal in 2024, most wins in a league season history... that's cool I guess, but you gonna lift something with handles for me lads 🤷‍♂️

That Villa result is still wild, man.

The other losses we've had were mostly when we were just playing suffer ball out there, but at Villa we were absolutely flying in the league.

Haphazard

The fact that we are competing with City until the final day shows our progress even from last year, yes he has been lucky with injuries but our run in was very tough, no matter what happens I think he will take this year as a learning opportunity to get even better next year,

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
It felt a bit second gear yesterday. Not sure if that came from the manager or the players just being a bit out of sorts.

I felt Man Utd were there for the taking. But we could have played that game for a week and Man Utd weren't going to score, given the equality of our defense.

Put Everton away and it's been a good PL season ( great if we win it) decent first CL campaign.

Just got to find that extra 2-3% for next season. Personally I think we go into it as favourites for the PL.

teamsoutheast

Player:Ødegaard
The fact we're having to break our own club records this season says it all really and it just goes to show what we're up against. And for those wanting Pep to go, I personally want him to stay, I want us to be up against the world's best managers. It'll make us stronger.

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

My only fear is next year we don’t do as well against the big sides, because this season has been amazing in that regard.

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
My only fear is next year we don’t do as well against the big sides, because this season has been amazing in that regard.
Nah I think we have been good value and will keep this up next year. What we need to do next year is impose our game at places like Old Trafford.

The pressure of not dropping points got to us yesterday when we should have spanked them by at least 3 goals.

Riou

City didn't beat us or Pool this season, but are close to winning the league anyway.

Even if we don't do as well in the big games next season (think we will do well though for what it's worth) we just need to not **** up as much against teams we are better than (Fulham, West Ham) and we can win the title anyway.

Next year we can lose home and away to City for all I care, as long as we win the league.

Menard

Fergie would basically be David Moyes in 2024, good thing he retired when he did because he would not be able to handle these Spanish managers.

Can't disparage him too much because he's unimpeachably one of the greatest ever, but...there's a reason that Fergie only won 2 CLs in 26 years despite United being one of the top 2-3 financial juggernauts in world football for most of that time.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

It is deeply disappointing if we come out of this season with no silverware. We've not been good enough in the cups. The league form has been outstanding this calendar year, but given the opposition, there is very little margin of error.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
The league was stronger back then, tbh...West Ham went down with Di Canio, Kanoute, Cole, Defoe and Carrick...woth Leeds battling them with Viduka the 4th top scorer in the league... what's the relegation battle this season like?

City and us are strong but that doesn't the league is great, find the rest of the teams pretty meh really... Liverpool with prime Owen and Gerrard could only finish 5th in 2003.

As for Beatiie, that was pretty funny him fighting Henry and Van Nistelrooy for the golden boot...but you can get the odd one hit wonder every now and then, tbf...Michu, Ings, Bony, etc.
Top scorers in the league this season are the likes of Palmer Watkins Solanke and Bowen. People will still act because steroids these inbred imbeciles running around frothing at the mouth are the best the sport has ever seen.

"B-but 15 years ago everyone played footy standing s-still :(" evidently running around non stop abandoning all defensive shape makes for top top football. Swear these newplates need to go follow American football or anime or some other fastpaced dogshit.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Fergie would basically be David Moyes in 2024, good thing he retired when he did because he would not be able to handle these Spanish managers.
Got abused home and away by Bielsa and Bilbao 10+ years ago when United were winning league titles. One of the most enjoyable matches should have been some cricket scoreline.

Riou

Top scorers in the league this season are the likes of Palmer Watkins Solanke and Bowen. People will still act because steroids these inbred imbeciles running around frothing at the mouth are the best the sport has ever seen.

"B-but 15 years ago everyone played footy standing s-still :(" evidently running around non stop abandoning all defensive shape makes for top top football. Swear these newplates need to go follow American football or anime or some other fastpaced dogshit.

Top scorers in 2003...

Van Nistelrooy
Henry
Beattie
Viduka
Owen
Anelka
Shearer

... Beattie aside those are all better forwards than today, all way better footballers than people like Haaland too.

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football

the technical aspect will always win, and physicality always runs behind, The numbers Solanke Bowen Walkins and Palmer are well deserved. The best academies in the world are now in England, so we are going to see more and more English-educated players excelling. The process started 20 years ago, and now you see that England is a major export of quality players + the league is full of English players that will excel at most teams around the globe. It just comes with having the best league and the most income around, your academies improve.

Regarding the never-ending physicality vs. technicality debate... that was always the case. random example, Jonas Rodriguez, one of the worst footballers I have ever played with. He had a decent career, why? he was fast, strong, and relentless. 99% of technically gifted players I played with, now they have normal jobs.

It is what it is. We still have Ode, Mbappe, Gavi, Rodri. Football is still here, alive and with us. sit back and enjoy.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal have always been the club of the people, the streets. Arsenal was one of the first clubs to really have black players, so it did represent the mass of the UK and how London is. I hope people at the club know that and who are they playing for.

Thierry Henry

Daily Transfer Updates

Thursday, May 23

Arsenal have agreed to part ways with midfielder Sambi Lokonga following talks with the player [Evening Standard]

Arsenal are likely to be priced out of a move for Sporting Lisbon’s £86m striker Viktor Gyokeres [Football Insider]

Arsenal are considering a move for Feyenoord GK Justin Bijlow as a replacement for Aaron Ramsdale [Sam Dean - The Telegraph]

Newcastle manager Eddie Howe is keen to reunite with Ramsdale if the club can make an acceptable offer [Sam Dean - The Telegraph]

Ajax LB Jorrel Hato remains the club’s top defensive target [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Top Bottom