• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Monreal: Nacho 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Monreal's troubles exist when pacy players attack him. His positioning is elite though, he's usually the guy that intercepts a through ball in a quick transition of play. Also his value in attack is underrated. He's not sexy like Bellerin, but his technique is perfect, and his short passing game is made for wengerball. Great first touch as well. For me, Gibbs has the pace, Monreal has everything else.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Neither call on him was a penalty but he does that little barge quite often in the box and does ride his luck at times.

Still no.1 left back, for now...

nmn

The past couple of seasons he was the best defensive left back in Europe, i truly believe that. However, this season he's struggling and being ripped apart by dribblers and fast wingers. Concerning.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

We need a new left back. Nacho's legs have gone sadly. We'll no doubt squeeze every drop out of him until he's playing like Flamini though.

Hunter Zolomon

Monreal needs an understanding CB beside him and a willing RWF in front of him to look good. Been saying it about him for years, back when I thought he was sheight, that he can't be trusted when isolated. That hasn't changed. He's truly awful 1 v 1. He has a good brain and he grew in confidence over time.
lol you were right

Hunter Zolomon

The past couple of seasons he was the best defensive left back in Europe, i truly believe that. However, this season he's struggling and being ripped apart by dribblers and fast wingers. Concerning.
he got found out like ivanovic, speed and athleticism is a must if you are to survive as a modern day full back, if you possess neither, sterling and co will continue to have their way with you.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
We need a new left back. Nacho's legs have gone sadly. We'll no doubt squeeze every drop out of him until he's playing like Flamini though.

As I said in many other threads, we need to pounce for Gaya before the usual heavyweights go for him. With Valencia troubles this season and their financial worries, we can get him for a reasonable fee

Jose-Luis-Gaya-Valencia.png

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

As I said in many other threads, we need to pounce for Gaya before the usual heavyweights go for him. With Valencia troubles this season and their financial worries, we can get him for a reasonable fee

Not sure you can have two tiny FB's in the PL. Would prefer we go back in for Sidibe after he's done well at Monaco.

Jm89

We need an upgrade on nacho now. He's done well, but it's only down hill from here! We need to be proactive and start looking for a replacement now!

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
He knew how to put him in right position in defence last season,but he lost that balance this year.Also,when some players attack him,he just waves his hands and runs from him like there is stampedo and not one winger ffs.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka

Not sure you can have two tiny FB's in the PL. Would prefer we go back in for Sidibe after he's done well at Monaco.

#WengerReadsAM :D

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/arsenal-targeting-jose-gaya-transfer-9491746

blaze_of_glory

Yeah I have to agree, as much as I hate to admit it. My man Nacho has not looked nearly as good this year, really seems to have slowed a bit and has been getting beat too often.

Still a better option for us than Gibbs, but a new younger LB either in Jan or the summer is definitely the right move.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom