• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
He's also missing the touch, vision and ability to think quickly to be a very efficient wide forward

But he has shown all of those things aside from the quick thinking bit. He just has been very inconsistent with it. That is why I said flashes of brilliance.

His touch has varied from immaculate to very sloppy. As for the vision didn't he create most of our chances when he was a regular starter? Again he has been wildy inconsistent with that, supplying Laca with a neat assist against Sp**s but then messing up a counter attack in the next game because he didn't spot a simple pass.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
They don't have confidence issues, people just love using "he lacks confidence"/"he's back from an injury" stuff to explain bad performances, that's just a lazy analysis.
There are at time logical ways to see the reasoning behind a bad performance, no? i.e. the bad performance is a symptom of something..

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Ugh why does every Arsenal player have confidence issues and is a softie? We need tougher players this isn't a charity.

1413463192932_wps_7_Arsenal_midfielder_Lauren.jpg

:drool:

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
They don't have confidence issues, people just love using "he lacks confidence"/"he's back from an injury" stuff to explain bad performances, that's just a lazy analysis.

Thaty very true, people will make 101 excuses for a player in bad form. It’s like when they said Torreira was play at AM when he blatently wasn’t she was just a sh!t CM.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares

The difference between this set of players and the ones who took over was night and day. Thats when soft Arsenal started that you could kick around, Ferguson started that as well. The writing was on the wall when we sold that scumbag in the background of that picture who was the greatest player in our academy history.

But once we decided to build the emirates we could never keep players, even going back to Petit & Overmars.

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
For the amount we paid, him being our best player should be the bare minimal standards. Auba can be our best player and still be overrated, cause there has been talk of him getting that Özil 350k per week salary. And IMHO we will be making a major mistake if we give him that, cause at those salary you expect a player who is worth 2 players put together. Which Auba is not.
Yes, because what you pay determines where the player will be in the 'best in your team' pecking order...

What IS 'overrated' when a player is doing exactly what he's put there to do? :lol: Who cares if someone thinks he's as good as Henry or as **** as Emile Heskey?

Underrated, overrated... Who cares? Why not rate his numbers instead? No need for anyone to think outside the box or wonder if public opinion is accurate or inaccurate. It's usually based on trivial rubbish like Real Madrid being interested at one point and then deciding they'll look elsewhere. If they take him, Auba's jesus and we were lucky to have him. If they pass on him, he's overrated and there's obviously much better out there. Oh, I forgot to mention those who thought he wasn't all that before he arrived here, too, and have had to eat crow to this day because he's more than proven his worth.

I know how this works, believe me :lol:

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Is it just me or did Pepe seem different today? He came on and gave us a burst of energy which led to the goal.

He worked really hard at covering Bellerin on a few occasions and was in our own third a lot. He also actually called for the ball and waved at players to pass (he was really dissapointed to not recieve it at times).

I think Freddie having a chat to him has made him realise that he needs to be giving more (and is capable of that). Im not saying hes magically amazing now but if he continues playing like this its certainly a step in the right direction.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Good loyal attitude to have. I like that.

Looked like early season Pepe tonight. Kind of on his own wave length but like that aspect as well for a wide player.

No, I don't think so. If we had an 18 year old who scored two great freekicks to win us a game, he'd be exempt of criticism until he was 28.

rofl why are people still pretending that those 2 free kicks against farmers count for anything.

Lets just admit it. People on here have weak spot for losers like Pepe and Lacazette while they love to attack young talents like Willock and Saka at every change they get!

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
rofl why are people still pretending that those 2 free kicks against farmers count for anything.

Lets just admit it. People on here have weak spot for losers like Pepe and Lacazette while they love to attack young talents like Willock and Saka at every change they get!
Why so hateful about Pepe? He has more talent in one foot than Saka and Willock. They can't even do it against farmers, so what does that tell you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom