• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfer Rumours- 2016/17

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Can't see Diego Costa moving to China. It may be that he fancies it but I can't see Chelsea letting him go unless his contract is running out soon?

He may sulk for a few weeks but will fall back into line.

If I'm wrong he'll go for some ridiculous money and Chelsea will probably be better off in the long run, the sobs.

Not sure it's worth keeping an unhappy Costa.

Not for a team that would almost certainly replace him anyway.

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
Fonte to West Ham.
Southampton captain José Fonte set to join West Ham for £8m

Jose Fonte, the Southampton captain, is to undergo a medical on Friday afternoon ahead of a proposed move to West Ham United, for a fee in the region of £8m.

West Ham made it clear to the player, and his agent, Jorge Mendes, that they were keen to bring the Euro 2016 winner to the London Stadium, after the club opened talks with Southampton, whom he joined from Crystal Palace in 2010. The Portugal defender, 33, has not played for Southampton since the 3-0 defeat at Everton on 2 January after submitting a transfer request.

The West Bromwich manager, Tony Pulis, was also interested in signing Fonte but could now make a move for Angers defender Romain Thomas.

Fonte has made 19 appearances this season but did not feature in any of Southampton’s six Europa League matches, much to his frustration. On Wednesday, Southamptonmanager Claude Puel admitted that his captain was on the verge of leaving the club having continued to train with the first team squad since his transfer request.

“I think he has some opportunities, he studies his opportunities and for Southampton it is the same,” said Puel.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/jan/20/southampton-jose-fonte-west-ham

Berahino to Stoke.
Stoke’s initial £10m bid for Saido Berahino accepted by West Brom

Stoke City have confirmed they have agreed a fee of £10m with West Bromwich Albion for the striker Saido Berahino, beating off competition from Watford and West Ham United.

Mark Hughes has shown interest in the 23-year-old in the past two transfer windows, although the Stoke manager admitted on Friday morning that his hopes of sealing a transfer were fading. However, with Berahino’s contract expiring in the summer and the striker having failed to make a first-team appearance since September, West Brom were keen to resolve the issue before the end of the month and have now accepted a bid of an initial £10m, with a further £5m potentially due in bonuses.

Berahino will now discuss personal terms with Stoke ahead of his proposed move, with the club hopeful of completing a deal in the next few days. “West Bromwich Albion can confirm the club has today agreed a deal with Stoke City for Saido Berahino,” said a club statement. “As a result, Albion have given Stoke permission to open talks with Berahino about a potential move to the bet365 Stadium. There will be no further comment at this time.”

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I'm really pleased that Berahino will go somewhere and get to play. I know he did wrong having a hissy fit when West Brom wouldn't let him sign for Tottenham, but he's a young player with talent, let's at least see what he can do. Shame it's Stoke.
I hope so his goal scoring record is very good and he has a habit of scoring in big games. At only 23 I think he'll be one of those young English talents we missed out on considering the fee involved.

Rosso

AM's Resident United Fan
Yeah that situation with Berahino and West Brom was very weird looking at it from the outside. Hopefully his development hasn't been affected because he has a lot of natural talent.

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

Delighted to hear that Alexander Isak snubbed Real for Dortmund. Would've been a shame to see him waste away his talent in Madrid's U21's, a testament to his maturity!

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
Delighted to hear that Alexander Isak snubbed Real for Dortmund. Would've been a shame to see him waste away his talent in Madrid's U21's, a testament to his maturity!
Think we might have missed a great talent here. So annoyed that Arsenal never picks up young strikers even though we have lacked a good one since Van Persie left and haven't had a talent in ages.

Like that he went to Dortmund instead of Real though.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Be interesting to see the Dortmund team in a few years & how many make it. Dembele destined for the very top but a tough ask for the rest & a risky strategy for such a big club.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐

Fonte to West Ham is a funny one, I'm 100% sure he put in that transfer request thinking he's going to get a move to Yanited :lol:. Southampton to West Ham is a dodgy move, a move backwards some would say.

Glad Berahino finally got his move, WBA did well to get £15M for a guy with 6 months left on his contract. Can't wait to see how he does, he's a talented player.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
Fonte to West Ham is a funny one, I'm 100% sure he put in that transfer request thinking he's going to get a move to Yanited :lol:. Southampton to West Ham is a dodgy move, a move backwards some would say.

Glad Berahino finally got his move, WBA did well to get £15M for a guy with 6 months left on his contract. Can't wait to see how he does, he's a talented player.
Yeah, weird move by Fonte. I'd think it would've been a good move to go to Everton as well but Southampton to West Ham doesn't make much sense. Glad he didn't move to Liverpool I suppose. They could've done with a player like him.

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
First Livermore and now this. Hull pretty much confirming they are willing (happy?) to down.
Robert Snodgrass: Hull accept bid in the region of £10m from Burnley

Hull City have accepted a bid in the region of £10m from Burnley for top scorer Robert Snodgrass.

The Tigers, who are 19th in the Premier League, rejected a bid from West Ham earlier this month for the 29-year-old midfielder.

The Scotland international, who joined Hull from Norwich in 2014, has scored seven Premier League goals this season.

The Tigers say the move is now down to the player and he has not yet gone for a medical at Burnley.

Hull have so far rejected offers of up to £6m from West Ham for Snodgrass, who missed Sunday's 2-0 defeat at Chelsea with what manager Marco Silva described as "a small injury in the knee".

West Ham remain interested but Silva is reluctant to part with Snodgrass having already sold midfielder Jake Livermore to West Brom for an undisclosed fee, believed to be £10m.

Any deal for Snodgrass would have to be for about the same price.

Snodgrass has been linked with a move away from the KC Stadium since December, before Hull triggered a one-year contract extension, tying him to the club until the end of the 2017-18 season.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/38744778

BBF

Hull are such wankers. ****house squad, ****house city, ****house colours etc etc. Would have loved to see someone come up who would have been more memorable than this lot.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom