• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfer Rumours - Summer 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
like they always have really - at least for the last 30 years.

30 years? If you mean the top teams in the past 30 years have spent the most money its because they built up the money with success earned on the pitch. That's very different to teams like Chelsea & City who have become rich over night due to a new owner.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
30 years? If you mean the top teams in the past 30 years have spent the most money its because they built up the money with success earned on the pitch. That's very different to teams like Chelsea & City who have become rich over night due to a new owner.
Teams like Juve had the Agnelli/Fiat money. Milan had Berlosconi's millions, UTD. were wealthy from early. Madrid & Barca been spending big money for years and Bayern have built a formidable commercial operation over the years. At some stage or not most of the BIG teams have been bankrolled by rich owners, not all of them but several of them.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Teams like Juve had the Agnelli/Fiat money. Milan had Berlosconi's millions, UTD. were wealthy from early. Madrid & Barca been spending big money for years and Bayern have built a formidable commercial operation over the years. At some stage or not most of the BIG teams have been bankrolled by rich owners, not all of them but several of them.

Yes I agree to a point but still feel the situation with Chelsea & City is different because it literally happened from one season to the next. I know both have had success before (years ago) but this time around their growth was immediate and it was based on ability to buy the best players.

Lollipoppins

AM's Chef de Cuisine
"According to L’Équipe, Bordeaux wonderkid and attacker Adam Ounas is closing in on an agreement over a five year contract with Italian side Napoli. The Serie A club are now set to make an opening offer worth €15m plus bonuses to Bordeaux."

Rocky

Swears he's not a Tottenham fan
A few questions for anyone who is keeping up with the Diego Costa situation....

1. Are Chelsea wanting 3 good strikers (Costa, Michy, Lukaku) so they can play with 2 up front?
  2. Was Costa wanting a move very specifically to return to Athletico Madrid or would he want a move elsewhere?
  3. Is Athletico's move for Costa dead and buried now that Gameiro has signed?
  4. What are the chances that Chelsea could let Costa leave?
  5. If there is a chance, is there any possibility that the buying club could have a surplus of strikers that could present a chance for Arsenal to get one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I tried to watch the Sp*rs match on television in my hotel yesterday, but I fell asleep.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom