• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Our next 8 games...

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Right, now that **** start is out the way, we have a huge opportunity to get a really good run going here. Our next 8 games are as follows:

West Ham (H)
Cardiff (A)
Newcastle(A)
Everton(H)
Watford(H)
Fulham(A)
Leicester(H)
Palace(A)

In my opinion, we should be winning every game there. I'm making this thread because I want to know how many points people think we'll get? And I'm sure @THunter used to make these (R.I.P.) and they went down well.

This could be a very good run for us to kick start a rocky start, but I believe in the coach and the team.

What games will be tough and how many points will we get then?

pikey2000

A couple of tricky one's but yeh i'd agree
West Ham (H) - must win
Cardiff (A) - must win
Newcastle(A) - must win
Everton(H) - win, but they may have got a good head of steam up by then
Watford(H) - must win
Fulham(A) - must win
Leicester(H) - tricky, but at home have to win these
Palace(A) - must win

HBL

Established Member
Minimum of 19 points required from those games, think we’ll need at least 75 points to get top four.

Palace and Newcastle away will be the toughest games imo.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Right, now that **** start is out the way, we have a huge opportunity to get a really good run going here. Our next 8 games are as follows:

West Ham (H)
Cardiff (A)
Newcastle(A)
Everton(H)
Watford(H)
Fulham(A)
Leicester(H)
Palace(A)

In my opinion, we should be winning every game there. I'm making this thread because I want to know how many points people think we'll get? And I'm sure @THunter used to make these (R.I.P.) and they went down well.

This could be a very good run for us to kick start a rocky start, but I believe in the coach and the team.

Newcastle away would be a scrappy game. They don't have a semblance of structure in their game but they fight for every ball. And the pitch at St. James Park is a tractor field. Not conducive to our passing game.
Everton(H) would be tricky. Richarlison is a threat. Walcott on the break is a threat. Palace(A) is also pretty tough. Think we can get atleast 6 wins out of them.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
If we win all of the away games in that run, we'd have already won 75% of our away wins of last season. After that it's up to us maintaining our home form from last season.

SomGooner

Prolific Liker
We cannot afford to drop points against any of those if we really want to get back in the top 4.

Let's start with the Hammers first. One game at a time.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

West Ham (H)
Cardiff (A)
Newcastle(A)
Everton(H)
Watford(H)
Fulham(A)
Leicester(H)
Palace(A)

Meh I think we’re not there yet. 5 wins, two draws, one loss.

Draw against Newcastle and Everton, loss against palace.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Well all must be winnable games but Fulham and Newcastle away are going to be tough. but i'm 100% expecting to win all our home games against these teams.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
i really think going to be ugly for some of these teams against us at home the way when we click going forward specially if Özil on mood and Lacazzete Auba starting going to be scary. but we'll still gift them 1 goal with the way we defending.

blaze_of_glory

Agree, should be winning at least 6/8 of those and will be sour to lose any.

If we can do that we'll be in decent shape going into mid-fall and the thick of the season. Also should set us up for a top 4 fight. We've got two of the toughest games out of the way already, which is more than any other team can say. Sucks to lose both, but better now than later, and better to work out out kinks against teams like the two we've played than drop points against lesser sides and end up losing these two fixtures later anyway when City and Chelsea are in full flight themselves. Need to make up the ground now but we should be able to do so.

FinnGooner

Established Member
We're going to make things difficult for ourselves by gifting goals. I'd say 15-18 points is absolute maximum given the fact we go into this run of games with absolutely zero defensive solidity.

DasBootist

We're going to make things difficult for ourselves by gifting goals. I'd say 15-18 points is absolute maximum given the fact we go into this run of games with absolutely zero defensive solidity.
What? You're too pessimistic, with the players Emery has at his disposal I'd be disappointed with anything below 21 points.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

It seems most top 4 after 10 games are on around 20-24 points. We really put a good run on we'll deffo be in amongst the top 4.

Check

Think that we should at least win 7 of these games. Palace away wil be tough, I think. Have a feeling that they will do well this season.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Most likely a new CEO / Sporting Director incoming late September... In Emerys shoes I want a run of good results before then.

Unless we get five wins from that group feel Emery may start to be under threat.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

The only game we should drop points in is against Everton and even then it should only be a draw.

But games aren't played on paper so. Realistically though we cannot afford to lose games during that run.

Too many mistake in us. But I'm not even thinking about top4. Next 8 games will be good to keep improving and hopefully we can improve the defense. This season for me is all about implement the new tactics and game plan. Nothing more.

4-5 wins in next 8 is what I'm expecting will happen but of course I will hope for 8 wins because we all deserve a little fun after everything we went through of late!

Latest posts+

Top Bottom