• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Per Mertesacker: The BFG

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Been a good player but the last year or so has been comical. It’s like he’s been in semi retirement yet still part of the playing staff.

Similar to arteta in that he probably played on a year too long. Should've gone out on the high of the cup win.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Stuff like this seriously needs to end under the next manager, you can afford an Adams or a Vieira to stay around a little longer than you might expect as long as they're still playing some games but it's a bit ridiculous when you have guys like Diaby, Mertesacker, Flamini, Arteta, Rosicky and even now with Cazorla all barely contributing and still on the pay roll for a season or two after they should have probably gone. Even when you have Cech as first choice when he's clearly past it because his competition can't reach high enough to touch the crossbar and relying on an injury prone rapidly declining Koscielny because all the under options are under 23. This type of stuff can't happen anymore, it's almost like Wenger has backtracked on his over 30 policy, we really need to get back to that, we're not rich enough that we can afford to be paying players who just aren't contributing.

I can sort of make an exception for Per because he's an excellent character and will become a coach and always seems to be helping out but even that's at a stretch.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Stuff like this seriously needs to end under the next manager, you can afford an Adams or a Vieira to stay around a little longer than you might expect as long as they're still playing some games but it's a bit ridiculous when you have guys like Diaby, Mertesacker, Flamini, Arteta, Rosicky and even now with Cazorla all barely contributing and still on the pay roll for a season or two after they should have probably gone. Even when you have Cech as first choice when he's clearly past it because his competition can't reach high enough to touch the crossbar and relying on an injury prone rapidly declining Koscielny because all the under options are under 23. This type of stuff can't happen anymore, it's almost like Wenger has backtracked on his over 30 policy, we really need to get back to that, we're not rich enough that we can afford to be paying players who just aren't contributing.

I can sort of make an exception for Per because he's an excellent character and will become a coach and always seems to be helping out but even that's at a stretch.
All you mentioned there because of Arsène and his faith on almost finished players any other manager will not give new contract to players who are injury prone or finished at top level. With new manager I'm 100% sure these things won't happen

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Good to see him finally move on to a position he is passionate about & hopefully start benefiting the club.

I appreciate the mental fatigue & bodies that big get run down but would be lying if I denied being a little disappointed he never stepped up when the defence was on its knees & Wengers job in danger.

We played 3 cbs for a while so he was perfect for the middle one & the games he played this season we actually got a decent return of points.

Stannis

I know I have said it before, but you don't play over a 100 games for Germany without having some about you.

Hopefully, now he is gonna Per can be appreciated beyond just being a meme due to his lack of running speed.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
His reading of the game was immaculate, easily one of the best in that aspect....never had the pace but his mental attributes were off the charts which paved the path to have a highly decorated career....BFG is a legend
sounds like he's going to make a great coach

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Wonder how fans/players from Germany etc feel watching that send off. Shows how classy the club is, you’d hope they think the same.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent

Pers best moments/matches in an Arsenal shirt?

Header against Tottenham/ third goal to kill off villa in the 2015 cup final/ performance in the 2017 cup final all have to be in contention.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Top Bottom