• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | Arsenal v Crystal Palace | 1/1/17 | 4pm GMT

Result?

• Arsenal play well for once and win

Votes: 33 71.7%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Big Sam ends our season

Votes: 13 28.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Let's not forget Gabriel. He is growing in the position game after game.
Mustafi will likely come back on Tuesday but I feel very comfortable with Gabs as the third option.
Nacho was brilliant offensively as well as Bellerin, who was off the charts.
I don't want anyone injured but I'd like to see Gabriel/Mustafi in a game. Kos vs City was passive in not pushing us forward. Gab and Mustafi are more naturally aggressive.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Why you change your comment @Aevius ? Don't think Big Sam is a straight up guy anymore???
Yeah, but then I remembered the England business and realized the "straight-up" personality hasn't always been too great. Just left the comment about the interview to avoid getting into that.

Jack the lad

What a goal today by the Big man. Il give the Big man one thing, he doesnt take **** from anyone. He strikes fear into the opposition backline by simply being physicially stronger than any of them. He relishes to physically bully old fashioned clowns like SCott DAnn and co. They wouldnt dare kick him down like they do to Sanchez.

ArtetaCognition

Granit Xhaka Enthusiast

Glad that Wenger had the balls to play Iwobi at the ten. I have been posting my desire to see that for a while. I thought he displayed incredible maturity for his age and served as the link seamlessly moving our attack side to side.

We were good up to a point but I still feel that our movement in and around the box is a little lacking. We don't seem to have coordinated movements. It's like we are just winging it when we get close to the net, hoping something will fall for us.

Regardless, I liked how we kept the pressure on them. Our energy, desire and Commitment matched our quality on the day and resulted in a comfortable win.

Perez was great off the ball but lacked a little on it. He clearly needs to settle in just.. there were a few signs of nervousness in his clearances etc. Overall, though, I thought it was mostly positive for a start so early in his Arsenal career.

COYG

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Yeah, but then I remembered the England business and realized the "straight-up" personality hasn't always been too great. Just left the comment about the interview to avoid getting into that.
Good thinking. ;)

baccy_man

Established Member
It made a change to see the ball getting passed around quicker today we have had so many games lately where the ball is passed a few yards forward then it goes sideways or back then sideways again,
When we play the ball quicker we are so much better at splitting up defenses,
A good result today we could not afford to drop any more points.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
BatmanShock.jpeg
Thats almost as awesome as the goal. Brilliant!

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
It'll be interesting to see how Chelsea away goes with Mustafi in the team come February.
That's going to be hell of a game. Just hope Mike Dean doesn't suddenly go blind and send him off before half-time by mistake, instead of Costa. Followed by Santi, so we're playing them with 9 men like last year.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Giroud not owning the goal. Should be a **** like Ibra and say he dreamt he would score a scorpion kick last night.
That goal was pure magic . . . . athletic, perfect timing and ambitious. Only an Arsenal player would give our critics the opportunity to put it down to luck.

On Sky, the pundits were purring and then after Giroud's self deprecating interview Souness said,'Yeah, he could have done that a thousand times and not scored'.:lol:

Sanis

That goal was pure magic . . . . athletic, perfect timing and ambitious. Only an Arsenal player would give our critics the opportunity to put it down to luck.

On Sky, the pundits were purring and then after Giroud's self deprecating interview Souness said,'Yeah, he could have done that a thousand times and not scored'.:lol:
Giroud made it one from one, he didn't need thousand attempts :)

Sanis

Russian journalists said the same about Van Bastens goal in 1988 :) but he probably scored such goals for fun :)

Ewarwoowar

Giroud- sprints like He wears waders shoots like He wears ballet shoes. Can't believe He downplays it as luck, i've tried s**t like that had good contact with ball but lose sight of the ball(where it is headed), Giroud is not searching after the contact, He new He caught it a peach, He sees the ball connect to his foot then immediately looks to exactly where the ball is gonna end up, also have to say there was a big pause all around in bemusement, except for Giroud, He did not look surprised at all. S**ts all over Mickeys which some say was more emphatic, but the height it came at him(Giroud) and fractions could have saw Hennessy cover it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom