• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL I Arsenal v West Brom I Boxing Day I 3pm GMT

Result

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Celestis, I guess this is the giving season, so you are being generous! :lol:
Simply put, Iwobi and Ox do not offer enough end product to be considered first team material at this point. As previously mentioned by others, we need better performances and output on the flanks.
They are both good players, Iwobi seems to have a higher ceiling but I would be fine with selling a Ox (and even Theo) and invest the $$ on a Reus type of player. We need a third wheel to share the load with Özil and Alexis.

I agree with you on Reus my friend .

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Yeah I am although it's probably would have been more prudent to PM this , not safe to big up Ox in these parts:lol: . Don't know why people are down on Iwobi either , people keep talking about personnel to beat the press yet he's already one of them . Technically brilliant
I see Ox being that guy who beats players in open space, he's not going to turn on a six pence like Hazard and play intricate give and gos in and around a parked bus.

Iwobi is fine, he's just not a super high level talent who can start week in week out for a title challenger. He has time on his side and can definitely be a useful player for us.

Last edited:

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Without reason? We played away at Basel and then Stoke, Everton and city in a span of 12 days with our most influential duo playing every match.
We played a lot and knew what was coming. There was a collective malaise-I wasn't singling out Özil and Alexis. And we did rotate the likes of Walcott who also dropped off. I don't think there's any excuse for failing to make a simple pass which was really the main cause of our failures against City and Everton. We also looked lethargic in September so there have been issues of fitness all season.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I agree with you on Reus my friend .

It's clear that Alexis and Özil need another player in attack on their wave length. However that player can either be someone to take the pressure off certain aspects of their game or someone who is technically brilliant.

In order for Özil to flourish he needs runners. It's why he works so well wit Welbeck. Alexis also needs runners, but he also needs someone to take the responsibility in possession of the ball. Özil doesn't do this. He won't receive the ball and shrug off challenges.

I believe we need a tenacious creative player or Welbeck to operate through the middle. People are shooting down Payet, but he would probably bring balance to the attack.

Goonerozil33

It's clear that Alexis and Özil need another player in attack on their wave length. However that player can either be someone to take the pressure off certain aspects of their game or someone who is technically brilliant.

In order for Özil to flourish he needs runners. It's why he works so well wit Welbeck. Alexis also needs runners, but he also needs someone to take the responsibility in possession of the ball. Özil doesn't do this. He won't receive the ball and shrug off challenges.

I believe we need a tenacious creative player or Welbeck to operate through the middle. People are shooting down Payet, but he would probably bring balance to the attack.
I like the idea of getting payet. He can add a bit of unpredictability for a year or two. I just don't think we can buy him for less than 20 million

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom