• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PFA Awards

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
So based on individual performances so far this season who do you believe should in the team of season so far.

I will go with:

GK: Courtois
CB: Azpilicueta
CB: Koscieny
CB: Van Dijik
CM: Fernandinho
CM: Lallana
CM: KDB
RW: Mane
LW: Hazard
CF: Costa
CF: Alexis

Honourable mentions to likes of Romeu, Gibson and Keane who have played very well this season.

When you can argue that Nyom, Valenica, Walker, Rose and Milner have been the best full backs this season I'd thought it would be best to go with 3 CBs and no fullbacks. It's says a lot about the standard of fullbacks nowadays, none of whom at the moment come even remotely close to being as good as a prime Sagna or Zabeleta.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Heaton
Daniels
Mustafi
Koscielny
Moses
Kante
Herrera
De Bruyne
Hazard
Alexis
Costa

Nyctophobia

Established Member
Heaton
Coleman - Mustafi - Luiz - Alonso
Kante
De Bruyne - Matic
Alexis - Ibrahimovic - Costa

Last edited:

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
Courtois
Azpilicueta
Koscieny
Van Dijk
Kante
Lallana
KDB
Mane
Hazard
Costa
Alexis

Hyruga

No Koscielny? Big insult tbf
I disagree.

If you look at the goals conceded and majority of them happening in Arsenal's box, you will know Kos is still not leading the team well enough. Sure he's one of the better performing defenders but Chelsea and Sp**s are still doing better in defence as they conceded much fewer goals than Arsenal.

And right after Mustafi got injured, what happened to Arsenal against Man City and Everton?

Last edited:

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
I disagree.

If you look at the goals conceded and majority of them happening in Arsenal's box, you will know Kos is still not leading the team well enough. Sure he's one of the defenders but Chelsea and Sp**s are still doing better in defence as they conceded much fewer goals than Arsenal.

And right after Mustafi got injured, what happened to Arsenal against Man City and Everton?

One defender cannot carry the whole defensive aspect you need to defend as a unit.

Bar-jonah

........................Heaton

...Azpilicueta...Van Dijk...Vertonghen...

Mane...Lallana......De Bruyne...Antonio

........Alexis......Costa........Hazard

fabo

6.51 / 10
Kinda sceptical about this Van Dijk praise tbh, not sure about him. Maybe I need to watch him more.

Also IMO Koscielny shouldn't be in there.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Should probably just be Chelseas back eight + three others.

Conceded 11 goals all season... Just two since we thrashed them late September. Shots on goal are rare.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Should probably just be Chelseas back eight + three others.

Conceded 11 goals all season... Just two since we thrashed them late September. Shots on goal are rare.

Statistically impressive but if you watch them during their games Luiz and Cahill make more individual mistakes than most CB partnerships in the league.

Last edited:

Kobi

I Know Who You Are

Pickford
Bellerin
Luiz
Van Dijk
Azpilicueta
Matic
Kante
KDB
Hazard
Sanchez
Costa

Giroud

Established Member

Hard not to have Costa and Sanchez in there after the seasons they're having. Coutinho and De Bruyne are definitely the best creators in the league while Kante is just a rock in midfield and decent on the ball. Surprise of the season has to be Jordan Henderson who has been excellent and possibly the most underrated player around thriving under Klopp. He's been everywhere winning the ball back for Liverpool and has also proven himself to be an excellent passer of the ball. Rose and Bellerin are excellent all round fullbacks, Van Dijk was unreal up until a few weeks ago and Alderweireld is solid and good on the ball. Heaton is an excellent shot stopper in unbelievable form this season.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom