• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Players On Loan Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

4625395.jpg

The MutableEarth seal of approval. :drool:

This guy is gonna be better than Vieira and Pires combined. :bounce:

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
What's the low down on DaSilva? You seem to rate him highly.
Well, it's more that Wenger rates him highly. He's been training with the first team regularly ever since he converted from CF to CM, and Wenger's even had him on the bench for first team games. Iwobi had a similar ascent, he was promoted to the bench above players with a much larger hype behind them and had Wenger's backing very early.

Josh DaSilva is a powerful player. He's big (6'2), strong and technically sound. He has a good dribble and he's an extremely neat passer. He has the capacity to be an effective #8. Whether he makes that ascension to the first team is speculative at best - he has a LOT of competition. More recently, he'd been playing a bit at left back, but Wenger's taken a chance on Cohen Bramall, which closes that particular avenue for DaSilva. But DaSilva is still intriguingly close to the first team for someone who barely gets U23 minutes - that means Wenger likes him.

The MutableEarth seal of approval. :drool:

This guy is gonna be better than Vieira and Pires combined. :bounce:

We need to see more of him first.

Aevi

Hale End FC
In terms of reputation he's the highest profile prospect we've signed in a while.
I agree... I actually thought there was a possibility we could build him up right away this season, but I think there were work permit issues.

He looks like he has it in him to be a complete midfielder, I'm really crossing my fingers this one works out.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Assist vs Everton today

What this clip doesn't show, is seconds before firing the ball toward King he actually pointed and told him where to run.

Wilsh must be getting fed up playing with average joes every week. I've said it before and I'll say it again, Wilshere is playing for a team whose record signing is Jordon Ibe.

"Let that just sink in."- @hydrofluoric acid

What this clip doesn't show, is seconds before firing the ball toward King he actually pointed and told him where to run.

Wilsh must be getting fed up playing with average joes every week. I've said it before and I'll say it again, Wilshere is playing for a team whose record signing is Jordon Ibe.

"Let that just sink in."- @hydrofluoric acid

True. His situation is similar to an artist trying yo make an art with his fingers and own ****.

The Gooner

This might not be a popular opinion. However, I think Jack should stay on loan for another season. I am happy he's getting playing time and is not injured and hopefully doesn't get injured again, but I feel his performances could improve a lot more.

I think we should send Jack on loan to Spain next season, it's a lot more tactical there and teams play with flair and attack. A team like Villarreal would be the best for him. That way his fitness would also be tested since he'll have to play on Thursday nights. However, we should put in a recall clause this time in his loan deal.

I also believe that Calum Chambers should be sent on loan to Italy for a season. Italian football is known for its emphasis on defense and I think he could really grow as a defender there.

We should also let Joel Campbell stay in Lisbon for another season. That lad has potential and he really impressed me on the right wing, hopefully he comes back an improved player in 2018 and prospers under a new manager and maybe we could then finally get rid of Theo!

Last edited:

Relic

Watched Asano in Stuttgart 2-0 win yesterday, played really well for the 90mins imho, has good off the ball movement and the speed is un-real. I would love to see a race between Asano and Bellerin.

http://dailycannon.com/2017/02/loan-watch-asano-tireless-stuttgart-win-nwakali-starts/

"GERMANY

Takuma Asano started and completed the full 90 minutes during Stuttgart’s 2-0 win over Düsseldorf. It was a frenetic affair in the opening exchanges and the Japanese international could’ve netted himself a hat-trick but was denied by excellent reaction saves from goalkeeper Michael Rensing.

A constant livewire in the final third and a nuisance for the visitors to deal with, his high workrate was clear and this had a positive influence on the team as a collective unit. Embraced by his teammates at the final whistle, he performed well and with displays like this, it’s only a matter of time before he adds to his goal tally for the campaign."

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Watched Asano in Stuttgart 2-0 win yesterday, played really well for the 90mins imho, has good off the ball movement and the speed is un-real. I would love to see a race between Asano and Bellerin.

http://dailycannon.com/2017/02/loan-watch-asano-tireless-stuttgart-win-nwakali-starts/

"GERMANY

Takuma Asano started and completed the full 90 minutes during Stuttgart’s 2-0 win over Düsseldorf. It was a frenetic affair in the opening exchanges and the Japanese international could’ve netted himself a hat-trick but was denied by excellent reaction saves from goalkeeper Michael Rensing.

A constant livewire in the final third and a nuisance for the visitors to deal with, his high workrate was clear and this had a positive influence on the team as a collective unit. Embraced by his teammates at the final whistle, he performed well and with displays like this, it’s only a matter of time before he adds to his goal tally for the campaign."

Does Asano's loan include the option of another year? I read somewhere it did.

Relic

Does Asano's loan include the option of another year? I read somewhere it did.

I head the same. Think it was if all parties agree to a year extension and I suspect it would be dependent on if he gets his work permit or not.

I have no links, so it might be hear say.

*Already posted this on Asano tread.

If it's blocked use this and select "Germany IP"

https://uk.proxfree.com/permalink.php?url=s54aaHA/aGsaD5vHs0QZLcUclS/cUxrnNZwEMCiA0I8eneXgeIHOKEIf3d+ZXTRObuy6wiK7My3Fb18YgGR8uw==&bit=0

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
^ Would make sense if the extension is dependant on promotion. Minutes in a 'top six' European League is one of the criteria for points.

Cudareli

Antonio Valencia stan
This might not be a popular opinion. However, I think Jack should stay on loan for another season. I am happy he's getting playing time and is not injured and hopefully doesn't get injured again, but I feel his performances could improve a lot more.

I think we should send Jack on loan to Spain next season, it's a lot more tactical there and teams play with flair and attack. A team like Villarreal would be the best for him. That way his fitness would also be tested since he'll have to play on Thursday nights. However, we should put in a recall clause this time in his loan deal.

I also believe that Calum Chambers should be sent on loan to Italy for a season. Italian football is known for its emphasis on defense and I think he could really grow as a defender there.

We should also let Joel Campbell stay in Lisbon for another season. That lad has potential and he really impressed me on the right wing, hopefully he comes back an improved player in 2018 and prospers under a new manager and maybe we could then finally get rid of Theo!

It won't be a popular opinion because it's unrealistic and literally nothing but a bunch of footballing stereotypes.

Send Jack to Spain because they play with flair and attack, send Chambers to Italy because they like to defend and let Campbell stay another season in Portugal so he gets more time.

While you're at it, why not send Ramsey to the US so he can learn to be more like Beckham, lets send Sanchez on loan to Chile so he doesn't have to travel as much for international games, lets send Bellerin to Jamaica so he can work on his speed with Usain Bolt and lets loan Giroud to Melbourne City so he can improve his heading ability with Tim Cahill.

Chambers has been great this year, but don't know where he fits in long term. I'd call him back and play him behind Mustafi and Koscielny but the worry is that a bad game or 2 and his confidence will drop without getting the minutes to improve it. If we were to sell him, I'd be happy provided it was to an English club and we had a strong buy back clause in the deal. People forget the kid is 22 and already playing week in week out at a high level in the EPL.

Jack Wilshere needs to come back next season and slot straight back into the side. Very brave decision for him to move on loan this season but it has paid off and he has been a stand out.

Campbell can go. Don't think he was treated right or given enough of a chance, but we've missed the boat there. When Wenger signed him he admitted it was opportunistic, he knew nothing about him and signed him off the back of a few good performances. His treatment of him has shown exactly that.

The Gooner

@Cudareli - Ramsey should be sold asap.
Hector is already a first team starter and a pretty good one who has no business going on loan and Giroud at the age of 30 can no longer improve. It's either sell him or play him till his contract expires.

Let's be honest with Chambers he's not going to get much playing time at CB with Mustafi, Laurent, Gabriel and Mertesacker, also Holding has been impressive for us. If we are going to sell Debuchy and send Carl on loan then Calum will at best be a back up RB for Hector, however the fact that Gabriel, AMN and even Ox have played there makes me wonder if he'll even be getting that spot. He's only 22 and can only improve. Italy produces some of the best CB's so that's the place for him to hone his defending skills.

Campbell was poorly handled despite the fact that he was impressive for us whenever he played RW. It's a shame that AW is so biased in favor of Theo. Hopefully Theo goes with AW and then we can give Joel an opportunity at the RW.

As for Jack. I don't think anyone has a problem with him coming back. However if things continue to be the way they are at our club, Santi gets fit and Xhaka and Elneny step up, then going to Spain won't be such a bad idea. La Liga is a top league and if Jack learns what Santi does for us now, then we'll have no problem with replacing Cazorla. And it's not as if I'm saying that send him for a full year, this time be sensible enough to add a recall clause, just in case we need him.

Just my opinion though doesn't carry much weight. Only what I think would help AFC in the long run. Peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom