• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2015/16: 2nd of 92 clubs in England

Where do you think Arsenal will finish this season?

• Total voters

Sweggeh

Its extremely obvious why that is.

We have about 6 or 7 players who are always injured for significant periods in the season. They are just injury prone, and this will never change. We are way past the point if expecting these guys to consistently stay healthy.

Then you have the rest of the team. It is almost a given that you will get injuries at time even to players who aren't necessarily injury prone, as seen with the injuries to Alexis and Coquelin. This happens to everyone more or less. No one ever goes through the season with zero injuries.

Our problem is, when these inevitable injuries happen, we have 7 guys who are already out because they are injury prone as hell.

If we replaced all these repeatedly injured players, we would be able to do with a lot better when the unavoidable injuries hit our team. We can handle 2 or 3 guys being out at once, what we can't handle is 8 or 9 being consistently injured.

Gooner n Proud

a.k.a. nasri_8 and Voice of Flamini
Pisses me off that teams get a free ride in the injury department and just coast their way to the top of the table.

Why can't we have our first team fit as much as Leicester and Sp**s for once. ****s

The worrying thing is its not just the perennial injury prone players either its also guys whom in the past have had no real fitness concerns. This season we had Cazorla, Coquelin,Welbeck and Alexis out for 6 weeks + which is bad enough but when you realize Rosicky, Chamberlain, Ramsey, Wilshere, Arteta and Walcott have also been missing out for lengthy periods themselves, its visible we have a real issue. Last season it was Giroud, Arteta, Koscielny, Debuchy and Özil added alongside the usual injured players. Seriously what the hell is going on at Arsenal? Its madness. Watched football for 16-17 years and never seen anything like it.

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Player:Saka
Wow, Man City are absolutely decieving the table with points like that. That's like us last year and further back.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

City haven't beaten a top 6 side all season, have also barely won away from home all year. Just goes to show how rubbish the PL is this season that City are still in the hunt despite being so ****.

TheSage

Am I the only one getting pissed off with this Leicester lovefest ... even Liverpool looked good playing just once a week ... let's stuff these annoying gits come Sunday ....

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Its extremely obvious why that is.

We have about 6 or 7 players who are always injured for significant periods in the season. They are just injury prone, and this will never change. We are way past the point if expecting these guys to consistently stay healthy.

Then you have the rest of the team. It is almost a given that you will get injuries at time even to players who aren't necessarily injury prone, as seen with the injuries to Alexis and Coquelin. This happens to everyone more or less. No one ever goes through the season with zero injuries.

Our problem is, when these inevitable injuries happen, we have 7 guys who are already out because they are injury prone as hell.

If we replaced all these repeatedly injured players, we would be able to do with a lot better when the unavoidable injuries hit our team. We can handle 2 or 3 guys being out at once, what we can't handle is 8 or 9 being consistently injured.

And yet, there are people who would readily accept Sturridge into the team

Aevi

Hale End FC
Head-to-head record between the Premier League top five in 2015-16
Team
P W D L F A GD Pts
Arsenal
4 3 1 0 11 4 7 10
Leicester
6 2 3 1 8 8 0 9
Tottenham
5 1 2 2 6 5 1 5
Man Utd
4 1 2 1 2 4 -2 5
Man City
5 0 2 3 3 9 -6 2
Man City is our very own Real Madrid.

Smashing the little clubs but bottling against the big ones.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

What City have done is shown you don't need to need to beat your nearest rivals just everyone else. Though they haven't really done that, had they they would probably be out infront.

Sweggeh

And yet, there are people who would readily accept Sturridge into the team

I would take Sturridge, but we would have to get rid of the other injury prone players in our team.

Wilshere and Sturridge are two guys you can accept, even though they are injury prone. Because the upside is so big. But hoarding the likes of Arteta, Rosicky, previously with Diaby, etc; is just stupid.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
I would take Sturridge, but we would have to get rid of the other injury prone players in our team.

Wilshere and Sturridge are two guys you can accept, even though they are injury prone. Because the upside is so big. But hoarding the likes of Arteta, Rosicky, previously with Diaby, etc; is just stupid.

Diaby was being held onto for the same reason that we're keeping Wilshere/kept JVP. The upside when he was fit and on form was huge - you just have to ask any Liverpool fan, if you don't believe me.
We have already got one perma-crock in Wilshere, who we'll most possibly be persisting with because of his quality/nationality. But having two injury prone players is stretching it. The board should lay down a rule of carrying only one injury prone player in the squad and getting rid of the rest as soon as they show signs of recurring injuries. I don't mean a leg break like Ramsey or an ACL like Walcott suffered, but more of the persistent injuries that strike Rosicky, Wilshere et al. We've got to be ruthless and jettison them as soon as possible if we ever want to have a fully fit squad.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
tumblr_o28i6kxIjQ1rx0g0oo1_1280.jpg

Am I the only one who thinks this is quite depressing for us? I feel City and Spuds have a tough schedule as well, just like us, but that Leicester fixture list..

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
What City have done is shown you don't need to need to beat your nearest rivals just everyone else. Though they haven't really done that, had they they would probably be out infront.
We've been doing that for years to get into the top 4.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
tumblr_o28i6kxIjQ1rx0g0oo1_1280.jpg

Am I the only one who thinks this is quite depressing for us? I feel City and Spuds have a tough schedule as well, just like us, but that Leicester fixture list..
Leicester - West Ham, Swansea, UTD., Everton & Chelsea isn't an easy 5 game stretch to wrap up your season.

Gegen Pressing

Player Name Team Goals
1 Jamie Vardy Leicester City 18
2 Romelu Lukaku Everton 16
3 Harry Kane Tottenham Hotspur 15
4 Sergio Agüero Manchester City 14
4 Odion Ighalo Watford 14
4 Riyad Mahrez Leicester City 14
5 Olivier Giroud Arsenal 12
6 Jermain Defoe Sunderland 10
7 Diego Costa Chelsea 9
7 Georginio Wijnaldum Newcastle United 9
8 André Ayew Swansea City 8
8 Ross Barkley Everton 8
9 Bamidele Alli Tottenham Hotspur 7
9 Marko Arnautovic Stoke City 7
9 Wayne Rooney Manchester United 7
9 Gylfi Sigurdsson Swansea City 7
10 Christian Benteke Liverpool 6
10 Troy Deeney Watford 6
10 Roberto Firmino Liverpool 6
10 Anthony Martial Manchester United 6
10 Dimitri Payet West Ham United 6
10 Graziano Pellè Southampton 6
10 Alexis Sánchez Arsenal 6

Arsenal Quotes

Right from his very first match, when Patrick Vieira was as yet unknown to the English public, he showed just how talented he was. No one disputed his ability, and he gave me the credibility and the hold over the club that I needed to take it in the direction I wanted. He and Emmanuel Petit became a duo that would remain forever etched in the memories of Arsenal fans.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Thursday, May 23

Arsenal have agreed to part ways with midfielder Sambi Lokonga following talks with the player [Evening Standard]

Arsenal are likely to be priced out of a move for Sporting Lisbon’s £86m striker Viktor Gyokeres [Football Insider]

Arsenal are considering a move for Feyenoord GK Justin Bijlow as a replacement for Aaron Ramsdale [Sam Dean - The Telegraph]

Newcastle manager Eddie Howe is keen to reunite with Ramsdale if the club can make an acceptable offer [Sam Dean - The Telegraph]

Ajax LB Jorrel Hato remains the club’s top defensive target [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom