• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2016/17: Matchday 20

blaze_of_glory

Hilarious that they have Parlour and Cesc so close too.

Ray Parlour pisses all over Cesc, everyone knows that.

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
#Spurspressing.
Sp**s did get under their skin but it just seemed like even basic passes with minimal pressure went awry. I wouldn't necessarily put that all down to Sp**s. It begs the question though, why don't we press against the top teams? Liverpool have a very decent record against the top 6 and they press like hell. When we beat Chelsea, we were playing like we were possessed(in a good way). When we beat City last year, it was the same attitude, though I did think we were sitting back a bit in that game. It generally works for Atletico as well. Generally worked for Klopp at Dortmund too. It just seems we need to be capable of trying the 3 at the back strategy sometimes. It seems to be a very successful plan against the rest of the top teams.

fabo

6.51 / 10
20 PL goals from Alli in a season and a half is outstanding. Not pretty on the eye but scoring is the toughest job in the game. Just checked Ramsey has 28 PL goals for us - very disappointing given the nature of his game.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Dream result, I know we're in 5th now but we shouldn't care about the short term. Chelsea are who we'll have to beat to win the league.
That's right. If your eyes are on the prize, that's the way to look at it. If you think there's no hope at all of the title and a CL place is the best we can hope for, then it's a bad night.

fabo

6.51 / 10
Chelsea still heavy favourites for the league for me. You'd be confident if you were them seeing Liverpool as the closest contender. I rate Liverpool similar to ourselves - zero chance of winning the title.

Free for all to get top 4 but who gives a ****. It's wasted on our club anyway.

Walter White

Chelsea go to Leicester next week, City to Everton and United and Liverpool play each other. Plenty of opportunities for points to be dropped there. All this whinging about us being 5th is incredibly premature, it literally only takes a swing of results for us to be 2nd for ****s sake.
We also have two home games after Swansea and Chelsea goes to Anfield before we play them

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

One loss and it goes from Chelsea sure to win to a third of the league in the race. Pundits ffs :lol: :lol:

LOL , just saw apparently Sp**s have shown the league the blueprint to beat CFC . Luiz and Azpilicueta never central defenders apparently .

It is going to be difficult for a couple of matches for Chelsea though never easy after a 14 match winning streak .

blaze_of_glory

LOL , just saw apparently Sp**s have shown the league the blueprint to beat CFC . Luiz and Azpilicueta never central defenders apparently .

It is going to be difficult for a couple of matches for Chelsea though never easy after a 14 match winning streak .
They're all masters of knee-jerk hindsightery, it's hilarious when not infuriating.

But yeah, we'll see how Chelsea respond now. I'm sure they never feared losing the streak to Sp**s.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Tbh nothing special about our back 5 atm. Vastly overrated. Cech is finished, rest are overhyped by arsenal fans.

Tbf we'd have 60+ % possession every game so the current back 5 wouldn't be tested toon much. The back 5 we had in 07/08 was a shambles

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Tbf we'd have 60+ % possession every game so the current back 5 wouldn't be tested toon much. The back 5 we had in 07/08 was a shambles

That's why I like Xhaka and Cazorla as a partnership what we gain in control and attack with them far outweighs the minor gains in defensive solidity the other two bring .

Top Bottom