• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2016/17: Matchday 21

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
If we lose to Chelsea, you can forget the rest of the ****ing season, before and after. We'll know what the end game is then. Be within 5 or 6 by then and avoid defeat in that game and there's a bit of hope. Any manner of loss and forget it.

Are you beginning to believe Richard??? :p

Walter White

Chelsea game is probably going to be a loss for us.

Lets hope our rivals give us some room to fit in that loss.
The Chelsea game is the one we cant lose, no biggie losing at Anfield but its a 9 point gap game in Stamford Bridge. Would take a draw tbh considering we get all 6 points in the next two.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I hate to say I told you all so but Stones is piping hot garbage. Only in this era could a defender who can't actually defend go for £50 million pounds.

I know people say that's modern transfers but really look at the effects that money could have in the real world, how many schools could that buy? There needs to be a salary cap structure of some kind, with every year I feel more and more out of touch with football.

It's reality tv these days ffs

Walter White

I hate to say I told you all so but Stones is piping hot garbage. Only in this era could a defender who can't actually defend go for £50 million pounds.

I know people say that's modern transfers but really look at the effects that money could have in the real world, how many schools could that buy? There needs to be a salary cap structure of some kind, with every year I feel more and more out of touch with football.

The thing is : it doesnt really hurt City as a club, or their fans, the money is not theirs. A mistake of that size in our club would be massive.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

What are you suggesting? Profits from clubs go to building schools? Do you think actors should have salary caps? Should Benedict Boringsnatch be building schools with his wage? Should Adele be propping up the NHS?

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

The thing is : it doesnt really hurt City as a club, or their fans, the money is not theirs. A mistake of that size in our club would be massive.

It comes from somewhere though, their owners didn't buy City because they were lifelong fans of a Mickey Mouse club in Manchester.

They had their own sinister reasons for buying the club. City are now a political tool for an oppressive Middle Eastern regime, the PL has whored itself out chasing after foreign investors. Looking at the slimy agents, corrupt footballing bodies and owners who are practically Bond villains I kind of wish it would all collapse.

Honestly I think I may have lost all respect for the game when Karen Brady held the British taxpayer to ransom for the f*cking mess that is now West Ham's stadium.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

What are you suggesting? Profits from clubs go to building schools? Do you think actors should have salary caps? Should Benedict Boringsnatch be building schools with his wage? Should Adele be propping up the NHS?

Bit of a strawman imo, if we take your argument about movie stars the industry self regulates anyway.

If you're making say a £200 million movie and you spend most of that on actors rather than other areas of the film, as shown by that recent movie Passengers it's going to bomb hard.

Football doesn't operate in a vacuum, the likes of PSG now act as an advertisement for a regime built upon near slave labour. Money always comes from somewhere.

Neo-Harambist

Any salary cap would need to be implemented across the board, by FIFA.

I don't see how it can realistically work with several different currencies in play, either.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Bit of a strawman imo, if we take your argument about movie stars the industry self regulates anyway.

If you're making say a £200 million movie and you spend most of that on actors rather than other areas of the film, as shown by that recent movie Passengers it's going to bomb hard.

Football doesn't operate in a vacuum, the likes of PSG now act as an advertisement for a regime built upon near slave labour. Money always comes from somewhere.
The very same advertisement that is on our shirt.

bingobob

Trusted ⭐

On a separate note. Pep is finding it a bit difficult. Perhaps it isn't Arsène that isn't built for winning the PL maybe it's the style of football. Maybe plaudits should be given to Arsène for a hybrid style that hasn't won yet hasn't lost. Ropes would be dangling off the London Bridge if Arsène done that against Koeman.

(I'm not mocking **** #peace in the middle east)

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

United quite lucky Mane is at the AFCON because he'd have turn them apart on the counter in the second half, Liverpool didn't have much in terms of real pace on the break and for the last 20 minutes they couldn't really get out and were forced to just sit back.

As for City well Sp**s, Chelsea, Leicester, Liverpool and now Everton have all pretty much outran their relatively slow midfield. Something Pep will need to address, in this league it's not enough to just have a midfield with just ball players, you need a Kante, a Henderson, a Herrera, etc in there as well with their energy and work when their team doesn't have possession.

bingobob

Trusted ⭐

United quite lucky Mane is at the AFCON because he'd have turn them apart on the counter in the second half, Liverpool didn't have much in terms of real pace on the break and for the last 20 minutes they couldn't really get out and were forced to just sit back.

As for City well Sp**s, Chelsea, Leicester, Liverpool and now Everton have all pretty much outran their relatively slow midfield. Something Pep will need to address, in this league it's not enough to just have a midfield with just ball players, you need a Kante, a Henderson, a Herrera, etc in there as well with their energy and work when their team doesn't have possession.
Simply put being technically astute is worth diddley squat in the Premier League.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Phil Neville is such a ******, the mental gymnastics to blame everyone but Stones. If he has the chance he'll blame everyone who isn't English :lol:

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

When Alan Shearer is the voice of reason you know it's mad. Schooling Phil here :lol:

Latest posts+

Top Bottom