• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2016/17 - Matchday 22

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
This Chelsea, Hull match would have been a replica of ours if Xhaka hadn't had a mental breakdown. Very similar.

It's not easy to break down the lower teams, patience and application required.

Those posters who think we should win 5-0 every match and call us average are delusional.

Giroud

Established Member
Good performance from Hull who matched them most of the game. They showed they could sit off and defend and also take the game to them higher up the pitch in the 2nd half. Scoreline completely flattered Chelsea.

Just 9 shots each. Who would have thought Hull could go to Chelsea and match them for shots a few months ago.

Ewarwoowar

The 2nd goal for Chelsea was for a free kick for a clear dive by Willian 'til that point Hull were well in to claw back something,

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Cahill and his massive ****ing balloon head should be banned for the rest of the season.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

:lol::lol::lol: Give it a rest mate. I know you like your manager on manager posts.

Whatever team Poch has managed he's finished below Wenger. Pep is now in the Prem and he's below Wenger.

If or when they beat him, then's the time for that post.
You mean beat him in a game? Or over a season?

I'm comparing their achievements when they both had incredible teams. Pep has clearly done better in those instances, you may not agree with with the opinion but you can't exactly discount it either.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
You mean beat him in a game? Or over a season?

I'm comparing their achievements when they both had incredible teams. Pep has clearly done better in those instances, you may not agree with with the opinion but you can't exactly discount it either.
I'm obsessed with fair tests and level playing fields mate. :lol:

Comparing managers in different leagues, at different times, with different teams and different squad costs just seems a nonsense.

But maybe that's just being a spoil sport. ;)

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I'm obsessed with fair tests and level playing fields mate. :lol:

Comparing managers in different leagues, at different times, with different teams and different squad costs just seems a nonsense.

But maybe that's just being a spoil sport. ;)
I think you'd be surprised. Pep's barca side would have had a ridiculously small squad cost. Messi, Iniesta, Pedro, Xavi, Busquets and I think Valdes?

Like we've beaten to death in the Wenger thread squad cost isn't everything. I'm using CL trophies so that neutralises the different leagues argument.

All that's left is the different times comparison but that also slightly goes against Wenger due to the lack of competition in Europe back when Wenger had his best sides. There's no point in comparing the two but I don't think it's too favorable for Wenger.

I think they're similar managers, two guys with an attacking philosophy that they seldom abandon. They rely heavily on technical, intelligent players to execute their systems.

For me the difference is that Wenger is more adaptable and consistent with lesser players but Pep will get you better results once given the players he wants.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom