• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2016/17 season

Where will Arsenal finish this season?

• Total voters

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
For real.
as you said somewhere else, I'd be happy with a CL run and a Cup.

I would be devastated if we rolled over in the league before game #35. Need to be in the title race until the very end.

Top 4 is a mildly interesting fight, but it is a sideshow.

reed

je2mBFy.jpg

Top 7 table

Reactions: BBF

Hunter Zolomon

Been the case for years, we will never win the league again with him here, he can't beat the best regularly. ****, he gets schooled by the likes of Koeman every season.
but but the stats say that its because of the cost of our squad, that we can never win the league because the other teams have more money than us.

skip spence

je2mBFy.jpg

Top 7 table
Tbf it also says that all the other six managers apart from Wenger have played one or two of their rivals twice so this table doesn't say that much about Wenger or Arsenal, not yet at least.

Also, last year we actually won the top 4 head-to-head table.

Also why bother including Koeman, Everton are hardly part of the contenders this year?

Fact is we've lost on the opening day to Pool and away at City and that's it amongst our main rivals.

I agree. Everton might feel closer to top6 after their impressing win against City. But it doesn't feel like they are part of the pack. Maybe they are included because Koeman got good result against most teams there? I wouldn't include him...

Our win against Chelsea, league leaders was pretty impressive and getting draw at Trafford was good to I feel.

I will have to hope we can win against United and City at our home ground. And get win in least 1 game away against Liverpool, Sp**s and Chelsea.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
Also why bother including Koeman, Everton are hardly part of the contenders this year?

Fact is we've lost on the opening day to Pool and away at City and that's it amongst our main rivals.
I don't know mate. We were poor at home to Sp**s and got a late equaliser at Utd. Neither PSG game convinced me. Subjectively I'd also say we've been below par against the big sides.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

2L 2D 1W aren't great results

Yeah the Pool result was a joke but we did start with Holding and Chambers as our only fit centre backs.

The Sp**s game properly annoyed me as we should have ruined them, I have no complaint with the other results though.

I don't know mate. We were poor at home to Sp**s and got a late equaliser at Utd. Neither PSG game convinced me. Subjectively I'd also say we've been below par against the big sides.

Yeah we definitely weren't convincing but at least we showed a bit of graft and dug out results. When it comes to big games I don't mind a draw, if we can get draws at all our remaining away games against the top 6 and hopefully win against City and Utd I'd be well happy with that.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
Biased ****. More sh*t on here than a sheep's arse. :lol:
How is that biased in any sense? If you don't like Everton, there's a table excluding them where we're still paddy last. And I thought you loved absolute statistics :lol:

Edit: Just noticed we've played a game less, still doesn't reflect well on us though.

Last edited:

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
Yeah we definitely weren't convincing but at least we showed a bit of graft and dug out results. When it comes to big games I don't mind a draw, if we can get draws at all our remaining away games against the top 6 and hopefully win against City and Utd I'd be well happy with that.
Tbh we have improved in our big game approach but that's not particularly hard when we were getting spanked or simply not being competitive with the big sides over a period of at least a few seasons. We're a bit more organised recently, but to pick two examples of bad performances I thought we were poor against Sp**s and could've been hammered by PSG. The Chelsea game was great, but besides that there hasn't been much to shout about.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
How is that biased in any sense? If you don't like Everton, there's a table excluding them where we're still paddy last. And I thought you loved absolute statistics :lol:

Edit: Just noticed we've played a game less, still doesn't reflect well on us though.
The mini league is usually calculated for the top 5 and at the end of the season, having seen how the 20 team ranking looks. We did quite well last year.

We haven't done as well this year, but this chart has been designed to make us look bad by choosing a random point where we've played fewer matches, and choosing 7 teams, instead of 5.

The fact that our own supporters are sharing this sh*t on the net is f***ing disgrace :lol: But not unexpected.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Wonder how Chelsea will deal with the falling out of Costa. There were several matches which he single handedly won for them. I expect them to drop more points in the second half of the season.
Not that I think Arsenal will be able to capitalize on it. The way things stand, Liverpool have the best chance of overtaking them. The rest of the challengers will fall behind once the European competitions start.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
The mini league is usually calculated for the top 5 and at the end of the season, having seen how the 20 team ranking looks. We did quite well last year.

We haven't done as well this year, but this chart has been designed to make us look bad by choosing a random point where we've played fewer matches, and choosing 7 teams, instead of 5.

The fact that our own supporters are sharing this sh*t on the net is f***ing disgrace :lol: But not unexpected.
There was a top 6 league posted below, which is better. A top 6 table is perfectly fair considering they are all within touching distance, before the big drop off to Everton.

It's an objective statistic. No bias, it's perfectly rational to include the top 6. You don't like it because it reflects poorly on us.

Gooner n Proud

a.k.a. nasri_8 and Voice of Flamini
So it looks like our main contenders in my eyes City are out of the race for the title.
We've underachieved imo if one of Sp**s, Liverpool and Chelsea win the league over us, we are better than all three and should be ahead of them in the table.

Top Bottom