• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2016/17 season

Where will Arsenal finish this season?

• Total voters

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
First, it was that we couldnt get consistent results agains the teams below us... our bread and butter it was called.

Now, we wont win the league because we cant do it in the mini league.

Wake up for **** sakes. The goal posts will shift and shift because it suits the public narrative to keep Arsenal as this failing club. First it was us not having a trophy for X years, now its the league.

You can all see what will come next once we win the league again.

If there is critique towards our side, lets look at the actual issues we have within our side and the way in which we play our football. That is valid, and deserves our time.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

First, it was that we couldnt get consistent results agains the teams below us... our bread and butter it was called.

Now, we wont win the league because we cant do it in the mini league.

Wake up for **** sakes. The goal posts will shift and shift because it suits the public narrative to keep Arsenal as this failing club. First it was us not having a trophy for X years, now its the league.

You can all see what will come next once we win the league again.

If there is critique towards our side, lets look at the actual issues we have within our side and the way in which we play our football. That is valid, and deserves our time.
I can understand where you're coming from but think you've got that wrong. The goal posts shift because our consistency shifts. Until we can be consistent in both the mini league and the rest then criticism is valid.

As for the league criticism again that's valid and when we do win it the next criticism will be about Europe. Again perfectly valid.

I don't see it as an Anti Arsenal agenda I see it as reasonable criticism for a club that has the players we have had, the resources we have and the profile we've created. Why should the bar be set low? Why shouldn't we be aiming for league titles and champions league trophies? And if we fall short should we not analyse how and why? if that's losing the mini league, another tanking on away goals should we not listen without thinking it's an agenda?

blaise

If we win these two games and Chelski slips at Anfield as expected could be great season for fun at least.
In the very least I am pretty sure we will finish top2,3, which is much more than we can say City fans can count on, so its not all doom and gloom like on some topics here, competition is big.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
I can understand where you're coming from but think you've got that wrong. The goal posts shift because our consistency shifts. Until we can be consistent in both the mini league and the rest then criticism is valid.

As for the league criticism again that's valid and when we do win it the next criticism will be about Europe. Again perfectly valid.

I don't see it as an Anti Arsenal agenda I see it as reasonable criticism for a club that has the players we have had, the resources we have and the profile we've created. Why should the bar be set low? Why shouldn't we be aiming for league titles and champions league trophies? And if we fall short should we not analyse how and why? if that's losing the mini league, another tanking on away goals should we not listen without thinking it's an agenda?

Winning the mini league sends a statement, and creates a good perception which is great. But that's about it. The Premier League is far too competitive a competition for that mini-league to have any serious impact on the final positions.

There are examples where the eventual champions were woeful in the mini-league. Off the top of my head comes Fergie's Man United of a few seasons ago.

Points on the board matter in the end, and as Leicester showed last year despite our dominance over them in the PL; keep getting the three points and you are on your way.

The shifted trophy goal posts is a deliberate attempt, in my opinion, to beat the drought stick. There are more than valid reasons behind our situation, during our initial run.

Following on from our new "era" as was announced in 2014 do I feel we need to seriously judge the club. Underachievement has been clear with the new resources at our disposal. However you wont see that from our friends in the press, because its not sensationalist enough.

say yes

forum master baiter
Weighted league results, Played 22:

Chelsea: +4
Par = 0 = on track for 87 points
Sp**s: 0 (+1)
Liverpool: -5 (-3)
Arsenal: -5
City: -8 (-2)
United: -11 (-2)

Sp**s continue to impress.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Chelsea are safe with the likes of Sp**s, Liverpool & ourselves chasing. None have the winners mentality.

The media will keep the 'chase' going for a few months just like last season.

Conte is the complete package.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

The match against Chelsea is looking massive. Beat Watford hope Liverpool draw with Chelsea and goto the bridge and beat them.

Banks

The match against Chelsea is looking massive. Beat Watford hope Liverpool draw with Chelsea and goto the bridge and beat them.
When city lost to Everton I said there would have to be a reaction against Sp**s, Now there will be a reaction from Liverpool when they meet Chelsea and the result against the top teams will decide the title. Chelsea still have to play Liverpool, Man City, Man Utd , Arsenal and Everton as well so points would be dropped the best scenario is Liverpool beating Chelsea and Arsenal not losing to Chelsea at the bridge and the race is on 8 points with 16games to go is not much as long as we don't drop silly points.

vantoure

Winning the mini league sends a statement, and creates a good perception which is great. But that's about it. The Premier League is far too competitive a competition for that mini-league to have any serious impact on the final positions.

There are examples where the eventual champions were woeful in the mini-league. Off the top of my head comes Fergie's Man United of a few seasons ago.

Points on the board matter in the end, and as Leicester showed last year despite our dominance over them in the PL; keep getting the three points and you are on your way.

The shifted trophy goal posts is a deliberate attempt, in my opinion, to beat the drought stick. There are more than valid reasons behind our situation, during our initial run.

Following on from our new "era" as was announced in 2014 do I feel we need to seriously judge the club. Underachievement has been clear with the new resources at our disposal. However you wont see that from our friends in the press, because its not sensationalist enough.

This is a very sensible post.

Regarding the new resources, I can agree that we can validly raise an eyebrow from 2014 onwards, however, I believe the previous lean years have also brought about a certain mental barrier as well as doubts from the fans whereby the manager has self doubts at certain periods.

I'm very much a Wenger fan, if there's any reason I'd want him gone, it'll because of said "mental barrier" that has been planted over time, unfortunately. Nothing to do with his technical or tactical ability.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Which is more than I can say for you, unfortunately. The past 12 years, hell even as near as last year, are nothing but a glaze for you, judging form your posts.
That's because I'm a realist.

I think why have Man U, Man C and Chelsea carved up the league between them for 12 of the last 13 years and then investigate it to find the truth.

You think you know answer, 'Wenger's sh*t', and therefore not interested in the truth.

We're just different people.

Jm89

How the duck did Leicester beat us to the title last year! They are awful this season.

I expected them to drop of from where they were but not this much!

Top Bottom