• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2016/17 season

Where will Arsenal finish this season?

• Total voters

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Player:Saka
I have us going unbeaten and dropping points against Palace and Sp**s. Chelsea lose to West Brom, City, United and Everton as well as drawing against West Ham, Palace and Sunderland on the final day to hand us the title.

It's in the bag lads.

Need to remove this guys trusted status. It went straight to his head.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
No Rosicky to push us forward with his incredible spring performances.

I also feel like this seems to be the season where we won't make it inside Top 4. Our remaining games are as difficult as the rest of them

After last nights 1st half performance I'm now hoping the things that went against us somehow galvanises the team to go on and play their best football of the season. If we stick with 4-3-3 we have more chance. FA Cup and top 4 wont seem so bad :) Wenger still needs to go though, I want a fresh approach for next season.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

EYJ9yNm.png

OSBK

Established Member
I guess we get embarrassed by different types of things. I don't get embarrassed much by normal losses against Liverpool, or even when we lose against teams from lower divisions. Why? Because it happens to everyone. It happens to Barcelona and it will happen to us, it's just part of the game. However, getting beaten 6-0, 5-1 etc. on regular basis against top clubs is not only very rare, but is also something that directly influences how Arsenal will be perceived when compared to those clubs.

I was proud of Arsenal in the past. And even though our reputation has fallen a lot, I want us to rebuild it again. I want to feel excited by our future once more, and we need big change in order for that to happen.

So your saying getting outclassed by liverpool everytime we play them is not embarrassing but getting beat by one of the top 5 team in europe is?

Liverpool are a average team, thats embarrassing not competing with them. Scorelines will be forgotten in a few weeks but performances like the liverpool one will not.

kopzilla

Always Negative
To hell with the CL...I don't think we'll finish top 4 this time..Actually if Wenger does able to do what he does best and have us finish top 4 one last time..atleast it'll give the new manager some leverage with respect to signing some decent players.

One last heave Arsène and then you can rest...don't sign another contract though.

kopzilla

Always Negative
Watching these guys pour their heart out for everybody to hear makes me feel a little less depressed about our crisis.

The YT comments on all the ArsenalFan TV videos are brutal...but hilarious...

One guys says...Claude is actually DT from the future...he time travels to watch the game and talk on ArsenalFan TV...:lol:

mm76

Yer Da
One last heave Arsène and then you can rest...don't sign another contract though.

trouble is we won't get one without the other - like it or not (and i don't) we have to fail badly for him to go

as everyone is saying our last chance to save this season is for him to stick with the 433 and for the players to respond well and surprise us all by putting in winning performances - but then we'd have to concede if he did that he'd been responsible for the tactic and give him some credit

So your saying getting outclassed by liverpool everytime we play them is not embarrassing but getting beat by one of the top 5 team in europe is?

Liverpool are a average team, thats embarrassing not competing with them. Scorelines will be forgotten in a few weeks but performances like the liverpool one will not.
I quite easily forget bad performances that aren't accompanied by an embarrassing scoreline. And I never heard Arsenal getting ridiculed for losing 3-1 while playing awful. Losing 8-2 to United, on the other hand, hurts me even today, and be certain that their supporters won't forget about it either.

OSBK

Established Member
I quite easily forget bad performances that aren't accompanied by an embarrassing scoreline. And I never heard Arsenal getting ridiculed for losing 3-1 while playing awful. Losing 8-2 to United, on the other hand, hurts me even today, and be certain that their supporters won't forget about it either.

I wont forget the liverpool performance anytime soon, as for ridiculed we got absolutely slaughtered by everyman and his dog. That first half could be the worst I have ever seen any arsenal team play.

I had forgotten that 8-2 result, again a average man utd team. That was embarrassing I agree because they were not a good side.

I get what you are saying but my point is if we play barca and lose then im not embarrassed. Its not nice to see but we have to be realistic. They are on a different level to us, the gap between us real/barca/bayern is massive.

CHOPS

The only fear I have is that we won't finish above the spuds this season! We win our game in hand and we're back to fourth spot it's going to be a long 12 games where I see with the exception of the Chavs all of the top six dropping points as City did tonight.
We have to play three out of the top six two at home plus the spuds away it's about time we started getting points off these teams,the run ins not that bad it's just that we're playing crap!
A good cup win should put things right eh?

say yes

forum master baiter
Weighted league results, GW27:

Chelsea: +5 (+2)
Par = 0 = on track for 87 points
Sp**s: -2
City: -8 (-2)
Arsenal: -8
------------------------- Top 4 -----
Liverpool: -11
United: -13 (-2)

Sp**s the only team (aside from Chelsea) who look nailed on for top 4.

We should be fine if we continue to consistently put the weaker sides away but the games against United and City at home will be huge.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
The only fear I have is that we won't finish above the spuds this season! We win our game in hand and we're back to fourth spot it's going to be a long 12 games where I see with the exception of the Chavs all of the top six dropping points as City did tonight.
We have to play three out of the top six two at home plus the spuds away it's about time we started getting points off these teams,the run ins not that bad it's just that we're playing crap!
A good cup win should put things right eh?

Do you realise Lincoln won 4-0 away this week? I'm not taking anything for granted!

say yes

forum master baiter
did the Watford game pass you by somehow?

No, every team slips up against a weaker side now and again.

We do it far fewer than anyone bar Chelsea which is why we're probably going to make top 4 despite being being exposed against every decent side we come up against.

Top Bottom