• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2018/19: The Fight for a CL Spot

Where do you foresee us finishing this season?

• Total voters

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Watford away is never good. Would actually give up the EL just to secure 4th spot.

That’s one I’m optimistic for tbh, it’ll be the game after their semi final.

Whether they get knocked out or they progress I can see them losing a bit of intensity for the league game.

They might even tank to try and avoid the Europa League places :lol:

Sp**s and Manure are in a very tough situation. If either one of us or Chelsea, progress and win the EL, then whoever's finishing 4th is ****ed, unless its the same team who is in the 4th an won the EL. If we both go out soon, then we are more than capable of giving Sp**s and Manure a tough run for the top 4 spots. It's a tricky situation for us too, we want to be in the touching distance for the 3rd and 4th spot and at the same time focusing on the EL too.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Isn’t that supposing opponents are playing all out until season’s end.

If anything I’d rather avoid teams with a lower PPG as they’re probably fighting for survival.

Which is why I'd advise us to be vigilant against Newcastle, Palace & Brighton in particular seeing as they're all fighting for survival.

Watford, Everton, Wolves & Leicester are safe with nothing to play for.

Hopefully Burnley secure safety before the final matchday as we may need the points.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
Most of the games which are left to play are meaningless for our opponents.
They won't fight for a European qualification and they're already safe pointwise to avoid relegation.

We have to win those games, no excuses.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

I look at that fixture list, and by April 24th I'd expect us not to have dropped points tbh. The games aren't easy but definitely winnable. And, by that time we will know our Europa league fate.

We could have a seriously strong finish to the season.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Isn’t that supposing opponents are playing all out until season’s end.

If anything I’d rather avoid teams with a lower PPG as they’re probably fighting for survival.
There's a chance Brighton and Burnley could both be safe by May, the real banana skins are the ones before/after EL ties with a quick turnaround imo.

Always vary of when people just assume it will be a easy game when we face someone with 'nothing' to play for.

I mean these teams may have a few players playing who are fighting for their survival and want to give their best to get a new contract or just stay for another year in premier league.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Always vary of when people just assume it will be a easy game when we face someone with 'nothing' to play for.

I mean these teams may have a few players playing who are fighting for their survival and want to give their best to get a new contract or just stay for another year in premier league.

Surely clubs killing their players is illegal??? :eek:

gkoat

Should do well if we stay focused.
Focus is key! First two games there's no congestion, no excuses! If other teams in the top 4 hunt give up points on the weekend just for us to show up relaxed and complacent Monday v Newcastle I will be heartbroken. We seem to be capable of being a big game team under Emery...if we treat every game like a big one I'm feeling very confident. A third win v Napoli entering the congested period would put us in a strong place to rotate without too much worry.

If you looked at our final stretch compared to what we did after our first two losses, you have to like our chances to finish strong. Emery has flipped our vs top 6 performance from last year on it's head, still time to do the same thing for our 'away form'.

arsenefc

Obsessed With Guendouzi
i hate the europa league .... please get 4th.... this year Sp**s didnt buy anyone, Man U and Chelsea sacked their managers..... so no excuses.

Top Bottom