• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2023/24: Race for the Top

Where do we finish in 23/24?

• Total voters

Topside

If you even think about prioritising either PL or CL is mental mind take.

I was at Highbury 4 2 Liverpool game 2004, 2 1 down ht place like a mourge TH14 hat trick, was Good friday lunchtime KO. He was unreal.

We had blown the Chelsea QF, CL. Should won over 2 legs but blew it.

I remember meeting lads I used to go with games with, all still gutted.

Players bounced back but that day wow, season can be made or broke in a week

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

:lol: I can’t see them riding their luck through that. The problem is I see us dropping points along the way too.

Brighton away is going be really tough for us. IIRC they haven’t lost at their ground since August…shades of Villa again.

Brighton look awful at the moment though don't they?

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
You're right, we can't realistically go for both the PL & CL. If we beat City, Luton & Brighton all within 7 days, then I would have to reassess what I have told @SA Gunner because we can actually win the PL from there, provided that we don't exert too much effort in the Bayern games.

But Arteta would be under so much pressure to play full strength against Bayern anyway regardless of the results in the PL. The key players would never accept being rested in those CL fixtures and much of the fan base will expect a strong line-up. That's my concern in that scenario. I don't think Arteta is strong enough to make that decision.

Really?

Arteta has shown many times that he'll do what he thinks is best for the football club, and he clearly wants to win both and he should want to win both.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

This is a good point, it's extremely rare that teams can keep up being competitive year after year without there being a drop off sooner or later, I think we probably have another year left in us but there'll always be a drop-off. City are the exception in recent times but even they had their 19-20 season which was a massive drop off for them.

Liverpool challenged in 19, won the league in 20 then fell off massively in 21 before having to come back again. That's just how things work. Cycles don't last more than 3/4 years maximum. The only exceptions are were there's a Fergie style dynasty created but that's only done through constantly winning.

There is no reason at all to think this.

Most of our best players are 22-24, the only battle will be keeping this squad together so it can mature together and I don't think that will be a problem at all given the current financial status of the club.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

There is no reason at all to think this.

Most of our best players are 22-24, the only battle will be keeping this squad together so it can mature together and I don't think that will be a problem at all given the current financial status of the club.

I tend to agree.

I think last season I was a bit afraid that it would be a "once in a lifetime" shot at winning the league, especially considering how much of a juggernaut City are.

But after this season I'm quite confident we'll be up there for a while, especially if Arteta remains for some time.

Ofc you can never be 100% sure of the future (only an arrogant fool would claim to be), but my opinion is that it's likely that we'll continue to challenge for some years (with maybe the inevitable dips here and there).

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Chelsea fans without Abramovich, are like orcs without Sauron at the end of Lord of the Rings.

Just afraid and no idea what to do, still ugly and racist mind.

For those that have seen The Strain it reminds me of what happens to the strigoi in New York when The Master is taken out....blood sucking, vermin numpties.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
For those that have seen The Strain it reminds me of what happens to the strigoi in New York when The Master is taken out....blood sucking, vermin numpties.

the-strain-sean-astin-4.jpg

"I had to let the vampires in the city Mr Frodo, Rosie had cancer!"

Last edited:

Synical

Miss Superstitious

I can't wait for the Bayern game but am apprehensive for the City game. I don't know if I'll be able to watch the latter! What about you guys?

International break can go to hell 🙄

Synical

Miss Superstitious

I've noticed that City can get really rattled and petulant if a few things don't go their way. For example they're not used to refereeing decisions going against them, and for example when Ederson went off in the Anfield game their game went to cr@p.

What can we do to rattle them, I wonder? 🤔

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

I've noticed that City can get really rattled and petulant if a few things don't go their way. For example they're not used to refereeing decisions going against them, and for example when Ederson went off in the Anfield game their game went to cr@p.

What can we do to rattle them, I wonder? 🤔

Get the entire travelling fanbase to shave their heads 🤔

GDeep™

League is very weak
No offence what's this "need to win" bollocks? We're facing a financially doped up super team in City; we are not on a level playing field. Think we need some perspective on what actually an achievement winning the PL actually would be. I rate Klopp was one of the greatest modern day managers and he only won it once in his entire tenure at Liverpool.
We have to win something though. Mick has failed to impact any cup competitions either, the EL, FA Cups have been there etc. The previous FA Cup was with nearly all Wenger players.

Of course you dont kill any manager for not winning the league.

Topside

Mo is usually spot on with fixture dates…
Yep he's pretty much correct date wise,Wolves is 7-30 pm the Saturday night 20th.

Tottenham away 28th 2pm ko.

Chelsea home is wedged in Tuesday 23rd April 8pm.

Tottenham no midweek fixture despite still having two matches TBA Chelsea away (why not them 23rd April) and Man City at home.

Reactions: A_G

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Tottenham no midweek fixture despite still having two matches TBA Chelsea away (why not them 23rd April) and Man City at home.
Yeah, I don’t understand why the Chelsea-Sp**s game isn’t taking priority since that was supposed to be on February 23 initially.

Arsenal Quotes

When I first came to Arsenal, I realised the back four were all university graduates in the art of defending. As for Tony Adams, I consider him to be a doctor of defence. He is simply outstanding.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom