• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2023/24: Our Race Is Run

Where do we finish in 23/24?

• Total voters

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

We lost it at the Villa home game unfortunately.

Was difficult to take but Im resigned to losing the title now. I did think we were excellent this year and I really am proud of what the boys put together.

Basically our 22/23 50 points run, at the business end of the season, wow.

Next season I want us to do it in the same way, but with some improvements. Number one, we still need to bring in the missing cogs over the summer, bring them in early and settle them in early.

Number two, we need to prepare for the second half the season again, during the first half. But this time, we need to build enough of a base to launch off from. Bad runs like we saw at the new year cannot be repeated again. I know its not normal, but that's just what Guardiola has done, turned draws into losses.

Number three, our fitness has been excellent! This will be the part I'll look out for the most. If we can repeat this level of fitness, or at least get close to it, then I forsee really good things coming to this club in the next years.

But a brilliant season, I really enjoyed the ride.
I think this is the rational take, but hope still lives....

HattoriHanzo

So it had nothing to do with already having the likes of De Bruyne and Aguero already there? When you have a stacked squad you don't need to spend as much money, just need to replace a few weaker positions. That's why Pep could spend ridiculous amounts on just fullbacks early on. If he had to do that across the whole team he would be spending billions. We had to buy a whole team because we didn't have the luxury of having players like Kompany, David Silva, Yaya Toure already in place, hence why going back to 2008 (when you were taken over) is more appropriate time line.

But you knew that and wanted to just spout bullshit as usual. Enjoy your success because sooner rather than later your club will go down.
Hopefully they will go down.
They are not normal football club, they have protection of sovereign state, so who knows?
It is even worse than Chelsea, at least their owners were not sovereign state, Abramovich was private person.
115 FC know that they have cheated their way to success.
They always say that they are not biggest spenders in last 5 years. Of course they are not, 5 years ago they already had tittle winning squad.
But if you look last 15-16 years (when Abu Dhabi) bought them, they are biggest spender.
It is sufficient to look at balance on this link.

Transfermarkt 2009-2024

King87

Kai's having the time of my life

We're winning this title.

I feel it in my bones. Anyone want to make a bet with me? I'll give my avatar and user line if anyone wants to take me up on it.

I feel good. I feel indestructible. It's going to happen!!!
Yea lately I've been feeling confident we'll do it, city will drop points somewhere and that's all we need, going to be nerve wrecking for sure.

dino bravo

Established Member

The Burnley game comes at a good time for Sp**s, just before the City game, giving them a boost in their confidence going into that match.

The least we can do is win our remaining games, which I think we do. Then we hand over to Fulham, Sp**s and West Ham to make it a fight to the finish.
The way them gimps are playing, it will more likely be a confidence boost to Burnley in their battle with the drop.

King87

Fulham, Sp**s, and west Ham ffs, all London clubs with prick fans hoping to get beaten so city will win the title.

I'd be more confident if city had to face palace or Newcastle or Brentford even

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Fulham, Sp**s, and west Ham ffs, all London clubs with prick fans hoping to get beaten so city will win the title.

I'd be more confident if city had to face palace or Newcastle or Brentford even
You would be even more confident if City had to go to Anfield or Stamford Bridge but the fixtures are what they are.

Tbh while part of me is prepared for City winning all their games I still have hope Fulham or Sp**s will take points of them. West Ham I have given up on 100%. They have conceded 5 goals in each of their last 2 away games, 5 games in total this season where they have conceded 5 goals or more.
They have the 2nd worst xG against in the whole league, now add that the Etihad is a fortress and it wouldn't surprise me if City put close to double digits past them.

Fulham there is some hope, even if they are in bad form, they're at home and on their day are a good team. Sp**s still have something to play for (if not CL than a place in Europa or Conference). Also they are still a team who City somehow always struggle against. Even with Ange at the helm in the 2 games they played each other this season one was a draw, the other City needed an 88th minute winner.

King87

I think the race is over. We blew it against Fulham and Villa.
You don't think there's a final twist somewhere? Grow a pair ffs

I'd be gobsmacked if city win out from here, there is some late drama coming, watch out..hopefully it falls nicely for us.

King87

You would be even more confident if City had to go to Anfield or Stamford Bridge but the fixtures are what they are.

Tbh while part of me is prepared for City winning all their games I still have hope Fulham or Sp**s will take points of them. West Ham I have given up on 100%. They have conceded 5 goals in each of their last 2 away games, 5 games in total this season where they have conceded 5 goals or more.
They have the 2nd worst xG against in the whole league, now add that the Etihad is a fortress and it wouldn't surprise me if City put close to double digits past them.

Fulham there is some hope, even if they are in bad form, they're at home and on their day are a good team. Sp**s still have something to play for (if not CL than a place in Europa or Conference). Also they are still a team who City somehow always struggle against. Even with Ange at the helm in the 2 games they played each other this season one was a draw, the other City needed an 88th minute winner.
Agree, Assuming we win against united I think if city win against Fulham and Sp**s it's 100% over, our last home game against Everton is far harder than hammers for city lol.
Very interesting race which could still go anywhere imo

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal is in my blood as well as my heart. I will always, always, always remember you guys. I said I was going to be a Gooner for life and I did not lie because when you are a Gooner, you will always be a Gooner. This club is in my heart and will remain in my heart forever.

Thierry Henry

Daily Transfer Updates

Sunday, May 19

RB Leipzig want to offer Benjamin Šeško a new contract to stay for one more year [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal are the negotiating table for Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim via Sport_Witness]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom